Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

duz posted:

I just watched it a month or two ago, it's not nearly as bad as its reputation. I mean, it's not directed very well and has some other issues, but as a TOS episode, it'd be perfect average.

Star Trek V is frustrating. It has a lot of crap in it and it's obvious where the budget was slashed, but there is also some really great stuff in there too. The part where Sybok shows Spock and Bones those visions is good and Shatner's whole "What does god need with a starship" bit is fantastic.
The whole movie is worth existing though because it brought us marshmellons and this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU2ftCitvyQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Star Trek 5 does have some interesting ideas but the movie's thesis that people have to have pain to motivate them is personally frustrating when I see so many people IRL use it as justification for either not seeking treatment for their own mental issues or criticizing other people who do.

That and the idea of three old men singing Row Row Row Your Boat as a campfire song is just...ugh.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Shatner singing Limp Bizkit songs is my new favorite thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

duz posted:

I just watched it a month or two ago, it's not nearly as bad as its reputation. I mean, it's not directed very well and has some other issues, but as a TOS episode, it'd be perfect average.

It was also the first Star Trek movie I saw in theaters, so it's special to me :3:

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

Shatner singing Limp Bizkit songs is my new favorite thing.

I can't loving wait to listen to this episode.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
I'm with Steve in being surprised at the number of lyrics in Nookie.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Just a reminder: if you're one of those people who speaks Klingon? Stay inside.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The Star Trek/ Limp Bizkit combo toward the end was the best thing I have heard in a long time. My God.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

enigmahfc posted:

The Star Trek/ Limp Bizkit combo toward the end was the best thing I have heard in a long time. My God.

I say this a lot but I was laughing out loud, legitimately, at my computer. Especially with how smoothly and effortlessly Eric went through the majority of Nookie.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I say this a lot but I was laughing out loud, legitimately, at my computer. Especially with how smoothly and effortlessly Eric went through the majority of Nookie.

I'm positive he pulled up lyrics but to get through it without cracking is still a feat.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
No, I don't think he did. I realized as he said the words "holy poo poo I still remember the words to This song....." Ewwwwww

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
This was playing in my head for like half the episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU2ftCitvyQ

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/755423474324213760

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Does anybody have a mirror for Vampire in Brooklyn? The WHM site doesn't appear to work for that one.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hockles posted:

Does anybody have a mirror for Vampire in Brooklyn? The WHM site doesn't appear to work for that one.

This is a mirror of some of the missing ones (including that one):
https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22we+hate+movies%22&sort=titleSorter

Been meaning to email them all the ones that are down since I'm in the middle of a relisten of their older stuff.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

drat. Eric, that slightly ruins the magic for me. :(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Sure you did Eric. Suuuuure.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I don't care, still the hardest I've laughed at the show in a long time.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder if we'll get a Ghostbusters on-screen. Andrew apparently loved it and tweeted about maybe doing one, so

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Grapplejack posted:

I wonder if we'll get a Ghostbusters on-screen. Andrew apparently loved it and tweeted about maybe doing one, so

Well, this might have pushed me over to the side of actually paying to see it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I don't care, still the hardest I've laughed at the show in a long time.

Oh me too, especially when they did the "Yeahhhhh" part as the rest of the crew. loving died.

I also laughed hard at the Eve 6 bit, which I'm pretty sure was from memory. I had an "I LIKE EVE 6! :mad:" moment and then heard in my head "It's okay to like a band."

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just got around to Lady In The Water and the only thing I could think to say about it if I was a reviewer is, "Nice meltdown."

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Also, I'll say Andrew is a special kind of Star Trek nerd, who remembers the full registry number of the Enterprise from the end of 4, and all of 5 and 6 (NCC-1701-A), yet not remember plot points from Wrath of Khan (Khan not only doesn't take over the Enterprise, he never steps foot on it. He and Kirk are never in the same room the whole movie).

No big deal or anything. Just funny, to me.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

thrawn527 posted:

Also, I'll say Andrew is a special kind of Star Trek nerd, who remembers the full registry number of the Enterprise from the end of 4, and all of 5 and 6 (NCC-1701-A), yet not remember plot points from Wrath of Khan (Khan not only doesn't take over the Enterprise, he never steps foot on it. He and Kirk are never in the same room the whole movie).

No big deal or anything. Just funny, to me.

The Reliant and the Enterprise are very similar, to be fair.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I knew he was reading that poo poo. It's one thing to remember the lyrics to a limp bizkit song but he was even nailing all the random "non lyrics" like "what?" or "yeah" and other throwaway words LB blends into their songs.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh me too, especially when they did the "Yeahhhhh" part as the rest of the crew. loving died.
Sulu's "Mmmmm...bop" at the end was the perfect capper to that whole bit.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MariusLecter posted:

The Reliant and the Enterprise are very similar, to be fair.

He actually does take over the Enterprise in the episode of the original show where he first appears.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Corek posted:

He actually does take over the Enterprise in the episode of the original show where he first appears.

This is true. I remember being really excited when I saw that episode for the first time, but in the end, I felt disappointed :smith:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Corek posted:

I thought Andrew specific in the movie. If he said, more generally, "Khan took over the Enterprise", then ignore me.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Dear cast of WHM,

We all know as you have said, it's okay to like a movie. Please also begin to understand it's okay to not like a movie. I'm starting to wonder if they had financial interest in Star Wars 7 or the new ghostbusters considering how often they're "taking the haters to task." It's kinda tedious.

(The new Real Ghostbusters AD episode has a mini Ghostbusters 2016 on screen in it and that's fine, but there's more than one reason to not enjoy a movie besides owning cargo shorts and perma Cheetos stains on your fingers.)

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Grapplejack posted:

This would only be worth doing if someone else on the team felt contrary and would argue against Andrew. I like the fact that they are on the same wavelength about riffing on bad movies but their on-screens are more discussions and they suffer because there is little/no conflict. Obviously when doing comic riffs you all need to be pulling in the same direction but in a discussion/review you need a conflict of different views.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dr. Lariat posted:

We all know as you have said, it's okay to like a movie. Please also begin to understand it's okay to not like a movie. I'm starting to wonder if they had financial interest in Star Wars 7 or the new ghostbusters considering how often they're "taking the haters to task." It's kinda tedious.
Not as tedious as the anuses who've been unloading on (popular franchise movie) for the past couple of years.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Of course WHM is going to like the new Ghostbusters movie. They're all improv guys so of course they're going to like a movie that's 99.9% improv. Jupin said as much in his mini review. It was the first thing out of his mouth.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Real Ghostbusters Animation Damnation up today, although I suspect it was an episode of the horrid Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters :colbert:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Iron Crowned posted:

The Real Ghostbusters Animation Damnation up today, although I suspect it was an episode of the horrid Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters :colbert:

Nah it was an episode of the proper show. One written by J. Michael Straczynki, no less.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Nah it was an episode of the proper show. One written by J. Michael Straczynki, no less.

Ouch!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Dr. Lariat posted:

(The new Real Ghostbusters AD episode has a mini Ghostbusters 2016 on screen in it and that's fine, but there's more than one reason to not enjoy a movie besides owning cargo shorts and perma Cheetos stains on your fingers.)

I guess you haven't seen the internet in the last couple of months. Ghostbros are some of the shittiest people and need to be taken down a peg at every opportunity.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's OK to dislike a movie, but if you hate a popular and successful movie with so much burning fury that the only way you can rationalize other people liking it is some far-reaching conspiracy of bribery and coercion then you're definitely jerking a micropenis through cheeto-stained cargo shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's ok to hate a movie. It's not ok to try and bully everyone else into hating it too. Or to try and bully people just for being in it.