Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
This is what happens when you mandate that cops be stupid and then train them by having them work as corrections officers for the first few years of their career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
We need a federal oversight group created that does nothing but watch every single police force and reports to only itself and has complete authority over every officer in the nation.

Hello officer Bill, my name is Tom. I've decided to ride with you today. I was told you have anger issues. Pretend I'm not here.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 21, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

Philthy posted:

We need a federal oversight group created that does nothing but watch every single police force and reports to only itself and has complete authority over every officer in the nation.

So basically the Titans from Zeta Gundam? :goonsay:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

His Purple Majesty posted:

So basically the Titans from Zeta Gundam? :goonsay:

I hope somebody shoots this guy's handler in the leg.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
"I came here to resolve your buddy's use of unlicensed transport on public roads... 10 years in the iso-cubes for him...

But you tried to prevent a judge from carrying out his duty, perp... and for that, the sentence is death..."

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

nigga crab pollock posted:

police officers are trained to see civilians as potential threats to their safety and to remain vigilant at all times for threat of physical violence. i mean what u said is all true but its not like some random happenstance that they are killbots its how they are trained to see the general public

I had a cop pull me over last month for an expired tag. I made the mistake of reaching for the paper plainly sitting on my dashboard that was another ticket from an hour prior, I figured I wouldn't get another since it was late at night (so I couldn't renew them) and needed to make it home, since I hadn't realized that my state does registration by Birthday, and not whole month like my last State.

The officer immediately put their hand on their gun, ordered me to freeze and had 3 more cruisers with 6 more officers show up. The one cop (maybe cop 6 or 7) seemed pretty apologetic about the whole thing. If I were black I guess I'd have just been straight executed instead of some guy apologizing for the over reaction.

I did end up with $300+ in tickets though, I guess as a gently caress you from the cop that called in the entire police force because some guy moved his hand toward his steering wheel.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I had a cop pull me over last month for an expired tag. I made the mistake of reaching for the paper plainly sitting on my dashboard that was another ticket from an hour prior, I figured I wouldn't get another since it was late at night (so I couldn't renew them) and needed to make it home, since I hadn't realized that my state does registration by Birthday, and not whole month like my last State.

The officer immediately put their hand on their gun, ordered me to freeze and had 3 more cruisers with 6 more officers show up. The one cop (maybe cop 6 or 7) seemed pretty apologetic about the whole thing. If I were black I guess I'd have just been straight executed instead of some guy apologizing for the over reaction.

I did end up with $300+ in tickets though, I guess as a gently caress you from the cop that called in the entire police force because some guy moved his hand toward his steering wheel.

Ah you see I think I can explain this cop's reaction; it's simply due to the fact that, in the US, it's considered normal and even healthy for people to open carry and drive around with assault rifles and fully automatic revolves in their cars.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Ultimately to protect yourself from state aggression you should concealed carry a shoulder-mounted plasma cannon in the style of the Predator, with those "Don't Tread on Me" snakes emblazoned up the sides when it pops out so people know you're a good-hearted NRA guy not an uppity radical.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Minimalist Program posted:

Ah you see I think I can explain this cop's reaction; it's simply due to the fact that, in the US, it's considered normal and even healthy for people to open carry and drive around with assault rifles and fully automatic revolves in their cars.

If a well armed society is a polite society how do they explain Canada?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

I've actually opened my glove box for my license and registration with patient officers waiting before and never thought much of it. I've only had a gun pulled on me one other time and it was because I was driving without headlights (on one of those roads with a huge street light every 20 feet and my headlights were dim anyway)

I guess reaching for anything is probably a huge mistake, you should hold your hands in the air and follow instructions closely to not be shot.

Wait what's this thread about?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
what if everyone owned a tank that'd be cool as gently caress

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I've actually opened my glove box for my license and registration with patient officers waiting before and never thought much of it. I've only had a gun pulled on me one other time and it was because I was driving without headlights (on one of those roads with a huge street light every 20 feet and my headlights were dim anyway)

I guess reaching for anything is probably a huge mistake, you should hold your hands in the air and follow instructions closely to not be shot.

Wait what's this thread about?

Treading lightly when policemen are present, because they're barely restraining themselves from not killing you.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I live in the Midwest and have yet to be drawn down on for moving, even during this past week. What the gently caress. Is this the one thing that we're good at here?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

why did you leave the premises op?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Here is what officers have told me to do if pulled over: roll windows down (at least the front ones), turn radio off, hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel. If it is night time or dusk, turn the dome light on.

At no point during the interaction do you ever take your hands off the wheel unless told to, and then you tell them what you are reaching for and where it is before you get it (okay officer, I'm getting a previous citation sitting there on my dashboard) and then you do it with one hand and slowly.

It's a bit much maybe sure but it's what you gotta do.

Dredd doesn't hesitate to arrest and sentence other officers/judges which is the best part about him imo.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao US police are hosed and getting murdered by rifles is only going to make them double down on this aggressive poo poo

like why does that cop have an assault rifle out lol

he probably thought this was another organized police attack, the black guy laying on the pavement with hands in the air and the autist with a toy truck rocking back and forth in the street was just a clever ploy to get them to let their guards down

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The only true response to police is keep your car window up and insist you are a sovereign citizen and you don't recognize his authority

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Roylicious posted:

Here is what officers have told me to do if pulled over: roll windows down (at least the front ones), turn radio off, hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel. If it is night time or dusk, turn the dome light on.

At no point during the interaction do you ever take your hands off the wheel unless told to, and then you tell them what you are reaching for and where it is before you get it (okay officer, I'm getting a previous citation sitting there on my dashboard) and then you do it with one hand and slowly.

It would probably be safer if you just immediately dropped to your knees whenever approached by an officer, hands behind your head, and be completely submissive. This is the best way to survive an encounter with a civilian police officer.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

GORDON posted:

It would probably be safer if you just immediately dropped to your knees whenever approached by an officer, hands behind your head, and be completely submissive. This is the best way to survive an encounter with a civilian police officer.

You also have to lick their boots and tell them they are cool and that you think their penis is bigger than yours is.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

You also have to lick their boots and tell them they are cool and that you think their penis is bigger than yours is.

I was contemplating whether or not you should offer yourself an let a male officer mount you, thus establishing you both recognize his dominance.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:eng101: Mega City One does not issue death sentences unless it's under extreme conditions. Judges only kill to protect civilians in immediate danger or in self defense. Yes, they are judge and jury, but not actually executioners.

Also, considering there is a huge rear end US airbase on Iceland they probably have a bunch of black dudes there at all times.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

why isnt this case getting the most national attention?

black male with saintly job shot for literally no reason, "i dont know."

not a possible gun, not a struggle, nothing ambiguous at all

the gently caress

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

GORDON posted:

I was contemplating whether or not you should offer yourself an let a male officer mount you, thus establishing you both recognize his dominance.

You probably should, and then take care to tell them what a good job they are doing, so they don't think you think you're better than them.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

FuhrerHat posted:

the gently caress

Doesn't fit the narrative of thuggish black man gunned down by hard working officer with a family probably.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

FuhrerHat posted:

the gently caress

You should get to the bottom of it. Maybe you can get a few more dead cops out of it if you try hard enough.

Was the cop white?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Roylicious posted:

Lol, whats it like living in the third world?

Also Judge Dredd is meant to be a satire of a police state, not a pale comparison to real life idiots.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Nutsngum posted:

Also Judge Dredd is meant to be a satire of a police state, not a pale comparison to real life idiots.

:thejoke:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
It's good to call your servants "sir".

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Cartouche posted:

You should get to the bottom of it. Maybe you can get a few more dead cops out of it if you try hard enough.

Was the cop white?

the idea behind my outrage being that this situation is one in which real change can be addressed and discussed rather than continued bloodshed behind ambiguity

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I just came from the white people meeting, and there was a vote and we decided we are not going to do anything about the police problem, yet. I tried telling them that police shouldn't be so fast to shoot peeps, but they just didn't want to hear it.

You know white people, though.... they don't think the shark is dangerous until they are half way down its throat. Ugh.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Roylicious posted:

I can't the picture with the actual quote, but I once saw something that said "'Don't make any sudden moves, do what they say, and you won't be hurt' is what you tell hostages, not free citizens."

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

FuhrerHat posted:

the idea behind my outrage being that this situation is one in which real change can be addressed and discussed rather than continued bloodshed behind ambiguity

Yes, quite. This will be swept under the hug unless it has major riots and retaliatory shootings.

Get on it and report back, please.

"real change".
Shut the gently caress up.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Cartouche posted:

Yes, quite. This will be swept under the hug unless it has major riots and retaliatory shootings.

Get on it and report back, please.

"real change".
Shut the gently caress up.

you dont think changes need to be made when guns are drawn on autistic people + their caregivers
ok dude

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Zombie Boat posted:

They're cowards who are armed and they don't know how to admit when they're wrong. So we'll never have reform.

This needs to be quoted on every page. There are a lot of cops in the US who are literally terrified of black men, and their first reaction is to pull their guns and shoot. The guy who got shot in his car while retrieving his wallet (when the officer told him to) and this guy are perfect examples of what is wrong with the police force in the US.

Here is an example of a guy in England who would have been shot 300+ times had he tried this in the US. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX5CPx4RKWw

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgkSxhTDoQ

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Blistex posted:

This needs to be quoted on every page. There are a lot of cops in the US who are literally terrified of black men, and their first reaction is to pull their guns and shoot. The guy who got shot in his car while retrieving his wallet (when the officer told him to) and this guy are perfect examples of what is wrong with the police force in the US.

Here is an example of a guy in England who would have been shot 300+ times had he tried this in the US. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX5CPx4RKWw

I'm the cop assaulting with a trashcan.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

This is from Toronto. It's a bit more metal; they use a police cruiser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGH-oKt5hlE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I'm morbidly curious to know how bad this is going to get. Continued escalation seems inevitable, I just want to know if we'll actually get into the dystopian future of Martial law and a fully militarized police force or whether we'll just plod along watching civilians get executed in the streets with nothing more than a hashtag as a result. Obviously, policy change isn't in the cards.

• Locked thread