Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

"If this doesn't make you cry, you're not a feminist!!!!!"

Well, it never happened, so I'm not gonna cry about it. Guess I'm not a feminist anymore. It's been real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"Well I'm well endowed"

:laffo: can't let people wondering whether or not I got a small penis in my imaginary conversation.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
And even if it happened (it didn't), it seems like that ended fairly well all things considered. Dude didn't get raped, dude didn't sleep with crazy lady, and besides a brief blow-up over text which can easily be ignored, really nothing bad happened at all. The only sad part is that the person is trying to equate someone angrily texting about why they didn't gently caress to, you know, actually being raped.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
lol if you haven't spoken to enough women that you've had that exact conversation.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA
Also that was definitely written by a dude with zero understanding of what women are expected to do to "get ready" daily, let alone for a special occasion

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That man owed that woman sex after all that effort she put in.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

quote:

[EPIC RANT] My hairdresser is pregnant... (self.childfree)
submitted 1 day ago by DrawerFullOfDicks [OP Was Epic]
472 comments share

My hairdresser is just beginning her third trimester. She's been trying for a while to get pregnant, and finally succeeded. I'm happy for her but it's well known in my circle that I want to remain child free. I lost my fiance four years ago in a car accident and have since realized I don't want kids, and it will be a long time before I get into another relationship.

She has made small comments about me one day changing my mind before, but I guess her hormones have made her crazy because last week when I went for my cut and dye, she started talking about the pregnancy. She's one of those smug pregnant women (I am a goddess who can do no wrong!) but she's also having what I assume to be a difficult pregnancy or something because she is always too sick to go outside and in too much pain to walk and too emotional to, you know, function. For the record I think most of this is for attention. Now usually I tune this out and have told her as much. I really don't care about vaginal dryness and your loss of a sex drive thanks to your need to procreate. But somewhere in the middle of her pregnancy rant she just started bawling.

If you have scissors by my head, please don't stand there crying trying to cut.

I asked what was wrong and she sobbed for a minute before straightening up and going "I'm sorry it just kills me that you'll never feel this sense of completion in your life! Jay died and you didn't try for custody of [his son](who has a healthy, happy mother who I would never take him from). Ever since I found out she was growing in me, I've turned into a mom!"

I stayed silent, but it was pretty difficult. She kept going. "I guess some people are okay with that empty feeling but I just want more out of life." It was at this moment I reached into my purse, where I happened to have a mini bottle of wine. I said, "what empty feeling?" opened it, chugged the whole thing, grabbed a cigarette, and walked outside (with a head full of bleach). I smoked, making sure to show my enjoyment of the nicotine; I'm not even a heavy smoker but she was before baby time. I came back in to find her glaring at me. "I'm allergic to the smell of cigarettes when I'm pregnant. Ashley can rinse you." So we rinsed, I chatted with the other employees, then sat down for a trim/style.

During the trim she asked what my problem was. I explained that while I am happy for her, it's insulting to insensate that I'll never be happy because I don't want kids. She apologized and said she didn't mean anything by it, she's just noticed a change in herself and she can't understand why others wouldn't want to feel that. When I told her telling a widow to have kids is like telling a war vet to vacation in Iraq, she rolled her eyes. "You'll get over him! It's been what, four years? That's SO long!" I was shaking with rage by this. I said "can we please just not talk anymore?" So she shut up to me but turned around and complained to her fellow stylists about all the things she can't do while pregnant and how much she misses

It was at this point I whipped out my phone and ordered sushi to the salon (I had at least another half hour there). She blabbed on and on and on about her little parasite and how perfect she's gonna be and how she just feels made for motherhood while all the old ladies in the shop just agreed and fed her ego. Right as we finished, my raw fish showed up, caviar and all. I opened it right in front of her and took a huge bite. "That's so mean. Why would you do all that if you know I can't be around it?"

"Sorry, did it leave you with an inescapable sense of emptiness? Because your baby can fill that loss for you."

I found a new hairdresser after that.

TL;DR: hairdresser kept telling me I would be empty without kids so I filled that loss with wine, cigarettes, and sushi in front of her just so she's stop being so concerned.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Yes, I too carry around alcohol with me everywhere I go, why do you ask?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Furia posted:

Yes, I too carry around alcohol with me everywhere I go, why do you ask?

Have you seen 2016? Lol if you don't.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
"My hairdresser was being annoying about her future baby, so I asked my dealer to bring me an eight ball of cocaine and had a binge party right in front of her to spite her. Then I shot up some heroin and asked her if she could fill her void despite not shooting up herself"

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
Also the hairdresser can consume all those things in like 3 months.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Someone get me the name of that sushi place -- that's some quick delivery.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Stroop There It Is posted:

Also that was definitely written by a dude with zero understanding of what women are expected to do to "get ready" daily, let alone for a special occasion

I liked the indignation of having to shave her legs, like that's the worst thing the guy who wrote that could think of.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

hyperhazard posted:

I liked the indignation of having to shave her legs, like that's the worst thing the guy who wrote that could think of.

You say that like you think this rear end has a clue about women. He's probably never spoken to one in the wild.

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

Khazar-khum posted:

You say that like you think this rear end has a clue about women. He's probably never spoken to one in the wild.

There's an early episode of Grey's Anatomy where Izzy is upset that Karev didn't kiss her at the end of her date, and her specific complaint is that she spent time shaving her legs. That's what OP's story distinctly reminds me of.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I've probably said it before, but those r/childfree people have got to be among the most annoyingly self-absorbed shitheads in the entire goddamn world.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

Someone get me the name of that sushi place -- that's some quick delivery.

Do you know how long a visit to the hair salon takes?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Real thing that happened: :byodame: "my hairdresser just got pregnant and, as a hairdresser you're familiar with does, talks to me about her life (hence her pregnancy). I spent the next 3 hours chatting friendly with her while, in my head, fuming, came up with different things I *could* do to punish this baby-haver and about how I'm going to post on the internet about them. At the end of the appointment I smiled and thanked her. Then I went home to post on childfree!"

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Ytlaya posted:

I can understand someplace with the density of Manhattan, but I hear this sort of thing from people who sound like they live in more or less suburban areas. It's probably just a coincidence that I haven't seen any yet (or that they've seen so many people).

I'm right between a uni campus and a big-rear end pub that serves mostly uni students, so my area is thick with greasy nerds at all times. Now they're attracted to my place like a Venomoth to a Talonflame.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Tony

quote:

This Troper went to see an amateur performance of West Side Story at her local theatre with her family. It had just gotten to the scene where Tony gets shot in the back as he's running into Maria's arms. It's supposed to be a highly moving moment. However someone in the cast had thought it'd be a good idea to use a real gun (filled with blanks, obviously) or at the very least a very realistic fake one. The noise of the discharge was so loud that half the cinema jumped out of their seats and burst out laughing when we were supposed to be in cascades of tears.

Pokemon

quote:

[[Ronfar This troper's]] high school has an event called "Class Night" in which some of the graduating seniors put on sketches for the rest of the graduating class to watch. Being one of the more "well-known" students in his high school, he ended up being in many of the sketches. As usual, this kind of thing is filled with in-jokes that are only funny to people who know what's going on, but here are some highlights anyway:
For the opening sketch, everyone dressed up in their cap and gowns, while the class valedictorian got up to give a very, very, very, very, long speech. After she begins her speech, the students say a few words in the style of an interior monologue. My quote was "To think I'm missing Pokemon for this!" (This was back in 2000, and I was the first person in my school to have even heard of Pokemon and bring it to everyone's attention.)
Between sketches, when we needed to change the scenery on the stage, we would close the curtain and have me walk slowly from one side of the stage to the other, while reading a book. This was funny because this troper was never seen in public without a book in his hand, and would even walk through crowded school hallways while reading.

Leg

quote:

This troper was in a production of The Pirates of Penzance in high school. Our master carpenter, while not much of a singer, was a student with a prosthetic leg from a childhood accident. Our director agreed to let him join the chorus for the opening scene upon the revelation that this student had made himself a genuine wooden leg that he could actually wear! Crowning Momentof Funny for the show, and a CMOA for the student.

Song

quote:

This Troper vividly remembers one of the shining moments of middle school. It was after lunch, and she as walking with a rather melancholy friend. In an attempt to cheer her buddy up, she began singing "I Believe I Can Fly" by R.Kelly. Surrounding students caught on and before the second verse, the entire hallway was singing it, in perfect unison. They didn't sing the entire song but, drat...

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

MizPiz posted:

There was that one time a bunch of people crossed the street into Central Park because something came up. Most of these "dearths of 20-somethings" are just two or three small groups of friends hanging out.

This is something I recorded the other day at the park in my city, while biking.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e61rqtskq960h09/VID-20160721-WA0001.mp4?dl=0

There are at least three places in my city, that I've seen, that have this amount of people since the release of the game.
Fun fact, a girl on a small motorcycle got a ticket on this park for driving her motorcycle while trying to catch a Pokémon (as it counts for texting and driving). I hope the Pokémon was worth the €160.

I'm just disappointed the game seems to be about going to a place, stand still, and look at your phone. It'd be nicer if Pokémon were everywhere, randomly. Like in the game.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Postal Parcel posted:

Do you know how long a visit to the hair salon takes?

She said she had a half hour left at that point, which means she knew it would be there like Domino's.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MN | Uncategorized

I am working the ovens at a pizza chain that offers both carryout and delivery.

Customer # 1 comes in to pick up his order. He has long dyed blond hair. Our Till worker informs him that his first pizza is ready and his second one will be out in about 30 seconds.

Customer # 1: “Why is the second pizza not ready with the first. “

Till: “I took a little more time to make the second one so it went in the oven a little while after the first”.

Customer # 1 “that’s not how it works”

Manager steps in. “Im sorry for the delay sir, but the first pizza was a simple cheese and the second was a works pizza. IT takes a little more time to put all the topping on your pizza.”

Customer # 1 (getting very nasty) “Have you even taken a Customer Service course before. “ Manager “yes”

Customer # 1 “I demand to see the certificate right now”

Manager “I cant do that, I need to make other peoples orders now”

Customer # 1 “What is your name”

Manager “*****. Sir, you have your order, please leave, I have a store to run”.

Customer # 1, rants for a little while, then leaves.

Customer # 2 who witnessed everything and has already paid for his order takes out $20 and hands it to my manager. “You souldnt have to deal with assholes like him.”

Manager “Thank you, but I can’t take that” and hand it back. He then put in on the counter and leaves the store.

She then makes change for it and gives me, the till and another worker $5 and keeps the last part.

They then tell me this isn’t the first time he has made a scene.

About half an hour later the phone rings and I Answer.

Me: “thank you for calling ****, this is ****, How may I help you”

Customer # 1 (Very nice) “who is the manager right now”

ME: “***”

Customer # 1 “May I speak with her”

Me” May I ask with this is regarding”

Customer # 1 “This is **** and I want to talk to her about the incident that happened about 30 mins ago”

Me “ok please hold”

Customer # 1” Ok”

I told my manger it was the guy, and he wanted to talk to her. I also told her I was going to listen in to the line because of him being a trouble making customer.

Manager “Thank you for holding, this is ***, how may I help you”.

Customer # 1 (very nasty and he doesn’t know im listening) “HI, I was in earlier and I want to know the names of the store manager, and his manger, and I want their phone numbers. “ Manger “ I can give you their name, but I cant give out their numbers.”

Customer # 1 “Your telling me you cant call your manager if there is a problem.”

Manager “no, I just cant give you their numbers.”

Customer # 1 “When will the store manager be in so I can call and talk to him.”

Manger “He is opening in the morning.”

Customer # 1 “I will be calling him. And let me tell you what you did wrong. You Saw my hair and assumed I was uneducated. I have a masters degree and am a regional manager for an aeronautics cooperation. I am educated and I assure you I am Smarter then you.”

Manager “Sir, if you don’t have anything important to tell me now, I need to get back to running my store.”

Customer # 1 “Assure your boss that I will be calling him.” Hangs up We check over his account and see he got free food about 3 months ago, we think he complains until we give him his food for free. We told out boss about the incident and noted how he talked to me verses my manager, probably to make me think he was level headed and she was being rude to her, but he didn’t know I was listening in on them. We haven’t heard from him again.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm totally willing to believe almost all of that, there's nothing that over the top except for Customer 2 randomly giving the manager :20bux:.

That sounds like exactly the type of person who makes unreasonable complaints to try to scam free food.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well it might have been true but it was such a boring story, Jesus.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

WampaLord posted:

I'm totally willing to believe almost all of that, there's nothing that over the top except for Customer 2 randomly giving the manager :20bux:.

That sounds like exactly the type of person who makes unreasonable complaints to try to scam free food.

"And let me tell you what you did wrong. You Saw my hair and assumed I was uneducated. I have a masters degree and am a regional manager for an aeronautics cooperation. I am educated and I assure you I am Smarter then you.”

Yes a human certainly did say that

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
So apparently STDH stories ending with "Loch Ness Monsta!" is now a thing imgurians find to be the height of hilarity.

http://imgur.com/gallery/l0roE

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CannedMacabre posted:

So apparently STDH stories ending with "Loch Ness Monsta!" is now a thing imgurians find to be the height of hilarity.

http://imgur.com/gallery/l0roE

This is the sort of thing I would have found funny in high school, so I'm assuming (/hoping) that's the main fan base.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Ytlaya posted:

This is the sort of thing I would have found funny in high school, so I'm assuming (/hoping) that's the main fan base.

oh my sweet summer child

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

I'm just disappointed the game seems to be about going to a place, stand still, and look at your phone. It'd be nicer if Pokémon were everywhere, randomly. Like in the game.

They are everywhere. Pokestops and gyms are specific locations but don't have anything to do with wild Pokemon.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Employee, Phone Home
Retail | OH, USA | Bosses & Owners, Lazy/Unhelpful

(It’s a slow day at work. Five of us are sitting by the back stairwell, just talking and killing time. One of the managers joins us, right as a coworker pulls her phone out. Management has stated that if you have your phone out, they’ll take it for the day and write you up.)

Me: “Hey, [Manager], [Coworker] has her phone out!”

Manager: *looks over at my coworker* “So she does.”

Me: “Aren’t you supposed to take it?”

Manager: *shrugs* “It’s not like we have anything else to do.”

(Half of us pulled our phones out. I ended up going home early.)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Why would someone make up a story that starred themselves as a snitching dickweed?

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Not only that, how is it remarkable in any way that someone thought it worth sharing.

"Hey internet, it was a slow day at work today. It was so slow that management allowed us to do what we wanted for a while. ISN'T THAT AMAZING??"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Coworkers ratting each other out for stupid rule violations to score points with the boss is certainly a thing, but yeah I don't know why you'd brag about it when it backfires like that. Make sure your boss is the type who thinks any rule, no matter how stupid and unnecessary, is sacred law first before you try and advance your career that way.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I love how
they’ll take it for the day

wasn't the first thing that jumped out at anyone. Like hell I'd trust a coworker, manager or not, with a $10 prepaid, let alone the hundreds that most phones go for off contact

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
A major chunk of the Epic Middle School Stories thread is a festival of STDH.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784098

Example

quote:

Also the french teacher asked "who wants to make a placemat for me?" at some stupid school event, and nobody put their hand up, then after a perfect beat some girl laughed really loudly and the teacher ran from the room crying.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Tunicate posted:

1. I love the lazy/unhelpful tag that suggests the author is mad at the manager for not backing him up and applying the rule

2. OH, USA. Oh, what did you so this time you silly nation.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Employee, Phone Home

(It’s a slow day at work. Five of us are sitting by the back stairwell, just talking and killing time. One of the managers joins us, right as a coworker pulls her phone out. Management has stated that if you have your phone out, they’ll take it for the day and write you up.)

Me: “Hey, [Manager], [Coworker] has her phone out!”

Manager: *looks over at my coworker* “So she does.”

Me: “Aren’t you supposed to take it?”

Manager: *shrugs* “It’s not like we have anything else to do.”

(Half of us pulled our phones out. I ended up going home early.)

This isn't made up. The US really doesn't have basic human rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is believable, just not really a Crowning Moment of Anything.

Back in high school we did Romeo & Juliet set in the 1960s in some weird meta-play that probably nobody gives a poo poo to hear about. We had a Bruni Olympic 6, a .22 Acorn blank gun, that would be used by Romeo to shoot Tybalt. The director wanted to acclimate everyone to the noise, so she sat the whole cast down and then just had them do the shooting with no warning on stage. There was a lot of screaming.