Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm embarrassed to say that I got the joke.

You should be.

Munich police are now saying that the gunmen shouted anti-immigrant slogans before they opened fire so it wasn't some ISIS fuckwit this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Well, there's always next week.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

LongDarkNight posted:

Well, there's always next week.

At the rate things seem to be happening, you should say, "Well, there is always tomorrow."

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/756505986618261505?lang=en

This is a video where Donald Trump, the GOP nominee for President of the United States, states that the National Enquirer deserved a Pulitzer for reporting on John Edwards' affair, and doubles down on Cruz' father being involved in the Kennedy assassination.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
If this still somehow turns out to be ISIS related, it's gonna light the powderkeg that is the post-Turkish-coup mess, with right-wing parties throwing oil on the flames.

I'm getting angry just thinking about AfD-reactions, and the anti-immigrant bullshit they'll be spouting before the weekend is over.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Pesticide20 posted:

do you own a gladius?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

VikingSkull posted:

it was a Rainbow Six joke

Mine was a spanish civil war joke

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Two Finger posted:

I know lol, we're both ubernerds

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

please clap

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Clapping is forbidden here

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

If only the average Bavarian were allowed to concealed carry this would be a non-issue.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Pesticide20 posted:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Two Finger posted:

And I corrected it, being the much bigger nerd

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
Wikileaks fucks up, leaking SSN and CC info Lol.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
How is that a fuckup? Isn't that exactly what their MO is?

Ah, nevermind, jumbled my abbreviations there.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Pesticide20 posted:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The Russian government wants to help the rebublican presidential candidate, so they hack the DNC and sends that material to anarchist transparency activists, who publish them. The world makes no sense anymore.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How is that a fuckup? Isn't that exactly what their MO is?

Ah, nevermind, jumbled my abbreviations there.

Yeah dude, this isn't the OPM. This is a professional outfit.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Best Friends posted:

The Russian government wants to help the rebublican presidential candidate, so they hack the DNC and sends that material to anarchist transparency activists, who publish them. The world makes no sense anymore.

Stealing the hot take that Tom Clancy died so God let him write 2016.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The Washington Post editorial board (which includes staunch conservatives like George Will and Michael Gerson) just released a full-page Op Ed that just continuously shits on Donald Trump. It's worth a read just for the catharsis.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I'm going to say every 4-5 days is a cop death and every 6-9 days is a terrorist attack somewhere in the news right now.

Now I know poo poo happens more often than it is reported since we don't like mentioning every car bomb in iraq but whatever.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

psydude posted:

The Washington Post editorial board (which includes staunch conservatives like George Will and Michael Gerson) just released a full-page Op Ed that just continuously shits on Donald Trump. It's worth a read just for the catharsis.

Me, about 3x when reading the article and hitting a paragraph break: "Wow they nailed his rear end to the wall <scrolls down> oh poo poo there's MORE???"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

psydude posted:

:wow:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
all we need is a few suicide bombers and we are the middle east

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Third World Reggin posted:

I'm going to say every 4-5 days is a cop death and every 6-9 days is a terrorist attack somewhere in the news right now.

Now I know poo poo happens more often than it is reported since we don't like mentioning every car bomb in iraq but whatever.

List of 2016 'terrorist' attacks You guys remember July 10th? Such a peaceful time.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
:vince: :wow:

quote:

"This is not a case of a rogue cop. This is not a case of police abuse," he said. "This is a case where a police officer was trying to save Mr. Kinsey's life, and unfortunately, his shot went astray."

Yes the cop was trying to save the man laying on his back from a toy truck held by a disabled person, who was told he was a disabled person holding a toy truck. By shooting 3 times at the disabled person and instead shooting the man on his back with a rifle from a supported position in close range.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

psydude posted:

Trump's candidacy is literally the US at large reacting to people like this with the political version of "I'm not touching you"

The more they react, the stronger he becomes

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

Trump's candidacy is literally the US at large reacting to people like this with the political version of "I'm not touching you"

The more they react, the stronger he becomes

Oh you're definitely right. I grew up in a redneck as gently caress county full of the classic Trump supporters that complain about "political correctness" as an excuse to be vehemently racist, tacitly admire fascist strongmen, and aren't beyond getting into fistfights over highschool lacrosse matches and this type of poo poo just reinforces their position. But it's still probably the strongest worded criticism of the man that's appeared in any major, reputable publication.

psydude fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 23, 2016

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fascism is good as long as it supports my ideals and beliefs

I support a benevolent dictatorship headed by Skynet

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

psydude posted:

Oh you're definitely right. I grew up in a redneck as gently caress county fully of the classic Trump supporters that complain about "political correctness" as an excuse to be vehemently racist, tacitly admire fascist strongmen, and aren't beyond getting into fistfights over highschool lacrosse matches and this type of poo poo just reinforces their position. But it's still probably the strongest worded criticism of the man that's appeared in any major, reputable publication.

The problem that the left is going to have is the same issue they had with Bush.

How do you convince people that Trump is simultaneously an idiot, and also a scheming threat to the nation? You can't, that's the problem, and it negates any serious point you can make. If the other side could form a cohesive narrative that he's one or the other it might be an effective narrative, but as it is now, people think it's just the left flailing, which it partly is.

Trump is scary because he's a genius, not because he's a moron.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

The problem that the left is going to have is the same issue they had with Bush.

How do you convince people that Trump is simultaneously an idiot, and also a scheming threat to the nation? You can't, that's the problem, and it negates any serious point you can make. If the other side could form a cohesive narrative that he's one or the other it might be an effective narrative, but as it is now, people think it's just the left flailing, which it partly is.

Yep. You can't reason people out of a position that they haven't been reasoned into to begin with.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

I liked the part about how all these republican politicians who only months ago said Trump was an "unthinkable" candidate have all gone silent. I couldn't help but think it's because "oh poo poo maybe he'll forget I said those things when he's drumming his fingers on the desk in the oval office."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

VikingSkull posted:

I'm not sure how many criticisms of Trump have involved any brilliant scheming.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Yeah I've only heard the "trump is actually brilliant" line of thought from a few fringe types and, mostly, trump supporters. He's obviously got charisma but that's very different than smarts.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

My favorite political contradiction of all time was in 2008 when Obama was simultaneously a Muslim, a member of a radical anti-white christian church, and a atheist.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bolow posted:

Fascism is good as long as it supports my ideals and beliefs

I support a benevolent dictatorship headed by Skynet

loving pussy. Come join us in the no lives matter camp. We have Willie Pete

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm not sure how many criticisms of Trump have involved any brilliant scheming.

the part where he's preying on the fears of white America

the whole part in that WP article about him flip flopping is pretty much "this guy is cynically plotting his candidacy"

I mean, he's stiff armed his way to the nomination despite all odds and predictions, idiots can't do that

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Best Friends posted:

Yeah I've only heard the "trump is actually brilliant" line of thought from a few fringe types and, mostly, trump supporters. He's obviously got charisma but that's very different than smarts.

dude is a "business genius" who has ran every single company he's every owned into the ground, he's worth about a quarter of what he'd be worth if he'd just sat on the property his daddy gave him, his campaign has been (and still is) easily the most amateur hour operation in the last 50 years (at least) of American politics

he's a loving dumbass

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Trump's single biggest asset is that he ISN'T Hillary Clinton.

In a just world, the fact that he is apparently the best the Republican Party could come up with, and that he actually has a non-zero chance of winning the presidency would cause every member of the leadership of both parties to simultaneously suck-start the nearest firearm.

Hillary must be drinking vodka by the loving handle. She's been in this business for thirty years, and by all accounts should be a shoe-in, and then this utter boob waltzes in and actually has a chance. It's hysterical to me when I'm drunk enough to forget that watching her make a concession speech would also mean that Donald Godamned Trump is the loving President of the United States.

Giant Meteor/Gamma Ray Burst 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mister Sinewave posted:

I liked the part about how all these republican politicians who only months ago said Trump was an "unthinkable" candidate have all gone silent. I couldn't help but think it's because "oh poo poo maybe he'll forget I said those things when he's drumming his fingers on the desk in the oval office."

How's your cool cat doing?

• Locked thread