Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

artsy fartsy posted:

I liked that they got him to do the voice of Hercules in the last God of War. :3:

Him and Harry Hamlin as Perseus was great homages, even though I dislike the game largely because of Kratos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Some people leave the TV on all day so they don't feel lonely, or have to think uncomfortable thoughts. My grandmother does this, leaves QVC on 24/7. I think it's like almost a friend to her.

Personally as someone who cut the cable ten years ago it's amazing how obnoxious broadcast television is when you're not exposed to it every day. It's a very "see the fnords" feeling to watch it for me now.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 22, 2016

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Sorbo status: a wacko

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I'm pretty sure both How to Get Away with Murder and Scandal are both the work of Shalondadonda Rimes. I only watched the first season of How to and didn't mind it, but I just leave the room if my wife is watching Scandal. Mostly because I can't stand the main character (Olivia Pope) or the autistic hitman guy (I hate his voice/delivery).

scandal is great in a "it's so bad it's good" kind of way

i agree about the spergy hitman guy i can't take him seriously, but its mostly because he was in half baked and was in like a half dozen chappelle show sketches

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
GoT

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
MST3K went to poo poo when they changed Servo's voice.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Bob James posted:

MST3K went to poo poo when they changed Servo's voice.

It was all downhill after they scrapped Beeper.

Edit: Too late, now it looks like you gave up on the joke for no reason.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 22, 2016

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I'm joking. I love Kevin Murphy as Servo.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

MST3K was a bit weak until it started an upswing with episode 513.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

MST3K was a bit weak until it started an upswing with episode 513.

Same, except the opposite of what you just said.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Imagined posted:

Some people leave the TV on all day so they don't feel lonely, or have to think uncomfortable thoughts. My grandmother does this, leaves QVC on 24/7. I think it's like almost a friend to her.

Personally as someone who cut the cable ten years ago it's amazing how obnoxious broadcast television is when you're not exposed to it every day. It's a very "see the fnords" feeling to watch it for me now.

Dude, visit your grandma

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Homestar Runner posted:

Sorbo status: a wacko

I can give actors a pass for being GOP a-holes because they live in a world so insulated from the rest of the 99% that things like Twitter just expose how unaware they are. Adam Baldwin is an antagonist rear end in a top hat and gamergate fan but that's pretty much in line with every character he's ever acted as so who's really surprised.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I'm pretty sure both How to Get Away with Murder and Scandal are both the work of Shalondadonda Rimes.
(loving commences)

She is also responsible for greys anatomy, making her the chick-flick version of michael bay.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I assume the post/username combo is not coincidence

e: I think I "get" what they were going for with this Moriarty (his performance is supposed to be unnerving, thus giving an air of menacing-below-the-surface) but it still falls flat for me.

Moriarty is super gay because he mirrors all of the darker aspects of Sherlock (fairly gay).

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The BBC's Moriarty is meant to be super bored pyscho, bored by being surrounded with intellectual inferiors. The actor did portray this well I thought.

Best Moriarty is the Jeremy Brett one. When they first meet and just eye each other in silent aggressiveness, loving brilliant.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsiE8ABiztU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Dexter was campy as poo poo, but it was at least captivating at first, if you allowed yourself to be pulled in.

Beyond the end of season 4, though, any remnants of that dissipated very quickly.

Each episode of Dexter would have been improved by Dexter's sister swearing while she maintains eye contact with the camera for sixty minutes.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

happyhippy posted:

The BBC's Moriarty is meant to be super bored pyscho, bored by being surrounded with intellectual inferiors. The actor did portray this well I thought.

The way he talks is bizarre, like he's about to burst into song but can't remember his starting note

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

artsy fartsy posted:

The way he talks is bizarre, like he's about to burst into song but can't remember his starting note

True, thats his irish accent mostly.
And sorta fits the bored genius, hes trying to entertain himself out of boredom. Like how bears rock back and forth in captivity.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

pentyne posted:

I can give actors a pass for being GOP a-holes because they live in a world so insulated from the rest of the 99% that things like Twitter just expose how unaware they are. Adam Baldwin is an antagonist rear end in a top hat and gamergate fan but that's pretty much in line with every character he's ever acted as so who's really surprised.

Yeah, there are plenty of really good actors who are also complete assholes who I never ever want to meet. Adam Baldwin is one, Ed Norton is also a pretentious dickhead but one of the best actors in Hollywood, he was amazingly good in Birdman.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've always wanted to direct a movie but then I remember that I'd have to deal with actors all day

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
The only truly bad Sherlock episode was the finale of the third season when Sherlock somehow gets tricked by some idiot blackmailer and Watsons wife's whole story.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I've always wanted to direct a movie but then I remember that I'd have to deal with actors all day

I've always wanted to direct a movie but then I remember that I'm an unemployed graphic designer with no experience, training or connections to Hollywood... also actors are dicks.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
I'm sure the whole Universal Action Pack doesn't hold up at all but it could be fun exactly because it didn't give a gently caress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyCxEnyITu4

Adam Baldwin is constantly working so I assume he's easy to get along with. His character on Chuck had a framed picture of Reagan and I'm sure he was willingly being made fun of.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

CannedMacabre posted:

I've always wanted to direct a movie but then I remember that I'm an unemployed graphic designer with no experience, training or connections to Hollywood... also actors are dicks.

lol rekt no0b me too :saddowns:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Thunder in Paradise.

Direct to video movie, turned 1 season TV show on USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8BKiigBsa8

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Ok not worst ever but definitely the worst on PBS's Masterpiece had to be The Incredible Mrs. Pritchard its schmaltzy over optimistic garbage about some store manager in the UK who creates a party and is somehow elected PM and the n through force of will tries to get poo poo done. Makes the West Wing look like House of Cards. Also early role for Carrey Mulligan.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Has anyone mentioned "Viva Laughlin" yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

red19fire posted:

Thunder in Paradise.

Direct to video movie, turned 1 season TV show on USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8BKiigBsa8

The worst thing about this show is it only lasted one season. Watching it again, yeah it was cheesy but I was a much more easily entertained Hulkamaniac 22 years ago.

• Locked thread