Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

African AIDS cum posted:

Cannondale did jack poo poo the entire race

I had literally forgotten they existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I've mostly only been able to watch replays of the stages this past week, but it's been a pretty good one. Some legitimately weird stuff happened and some new GC guys coming up.

I'm pumped up for the Vuelta.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Clugg posted:

Robbie McEwen is on SBS talking about ways to limit Team Sky's dominance, including salary caps. It's killing cycling at this point, I hope they come up with something.

Not as long as this is the head of the UCI

https://twitter.com/maximus_hoggus/status/621679984910934020

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Yeah nothing is going to change soon. On the other hand it was pretty cool to hear a 3-time Green Jersey winner and major TV network presenter candidly echo the comments I've felt myself for the last two years, and read in this thread repeatedly. Money always talks the loudest, but hopefully we'll see a shift in future.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

serious gaylord posted:

TJ out the back already.

Use a rifle and leave him there.

Does anyone know if UCI will be providing Olympic track coverage on YouTube or will I only get to see thirty minutes of boring rear end pursuit because of NBC or whoever

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 23, 2016

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Gibbo posted:

Use a rifle and leave him there.

Does anyone know if UCI will be providing Olympic track coverage on YouTube or will I only get to see thirty minutes of boring rear end pursuit because of NBC or whoever

VPN or proxy BBC iplayer could work?

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Sky is just dominating the TdF, nothing else at this point. They've won one classic in their entire existence. Let them spend their money I don't see the problem.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Paddyb posted:

I'm pumped up for the Vuelta.

Yep can't wait, time to renew that eurosport online sub

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Rojkir posted:

Sky is just dominating the TdF, nothing else at this point. They've won one classic in their entire existence. Let them spend their money I don't see the problem.

For now. Just wait, they'll end up with a bizarre squad rotation system where everyone gets one trophy to call their own and then acts as a super-domestique for the other guys in the other races. Froome pulling Poels up mountains in April as a down-payment for July.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Prudhomme has come out and said they want to limit team sizes as it's killing the competition.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Prudhomme has come out and said they want to limit team sizes as it's killing the competition.

Unless they limit it to single rider teams sky will still do what they do.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
2017 sees the tdf debut of Team Sku, with black & green jerseys and an unquenchable desire to ride tempo on the front of the peloton.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

peanut- posted:

2017 sees the tdf debut of Team Sku, with black & green jerseys and an unquenchable desire to ride tempo on the front of the peloton.

Nah will just be Team Sky Sports

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Just ban British and Russian teams as they are all doping

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ban all team doctors. Neutral race doctors only, paid for by team taxes.

Anyone found using a non-authorised race doctor gets their brake lines cut by a neutral car on the next fast descent.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

This tour wasn't won by sky dominance, it was won because all the other gc contenders were dogshit

They all lost poo poo loads of time being poo poo. Froome crashes and he gains time, because everyone else was even worse

'Oh but I can't attack because of sky'

A bloo bloo, gently caress off. If you can't beat a domestique then you're poo poo, and don't deserve the MJ anyway

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

This tour wasn't won by sky dominance, it was won because all the other gc contenders were dogshit

They all lost poo poo loads of time being poo poo. Froome crashes and he gains time, because everyone else was even worse

'Oh but I can't attack because of sky'

A bloo bloo, gently caress off. If you can't beat a domestique then you're poo poo, and don't deserve the MJ anyway

Where did you copy/paste this from? Link please

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
They were able to set a "tempo" on the climbs that put everyone at their limit so no one could attack. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was the classic super-doped/under-tested domestique tactic, if that's even possible.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

^ is woke but hasn't realised it yet.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
That was the first stage I bothered staying up to watch because I thought fireworks were basically guaranteed. Such an anti-climax, give me my sleep back Team Sky.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Premature ejacula- posted:

give me my sleep back Team Sky.

they're trying...

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

wide stance posted:

They were able to set a "tempo" on the climbs that put everyone at their limit so no one could attack. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was the classic super-doped/under-tested domestique tactic, if that's even possible.

In previous years absolutely agree

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Jesus ladies learn to stay on your bikes

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Who was the rider being put in the ambulance?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Froome loaded up with beer in his pockets.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well, that does it. I like Sky now

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Most exciting stage of the Tour.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
The British journalists and pundits are so deep up sky's asses it's unbelievable. Well it is believable, just loving annoying

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They're up the arse of anyone sucessful connected to Britain. It's not unusual (except for the fact that we're actually good at some sports at the moment)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The German commentators are still talking about the beer lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Tony Martin abandon :negative:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Tony Martin has a train to catch or something

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao @ kittels temper tantrum wheel trick.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Grumpy

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wout Poels winning today would be hilarious.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The tears in this thread alone would be glorious

Breakaways never stick though

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pantano..... work on your bike handling please

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Following the lead of the ladies