Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, Kash, you mind being final vote when we do Quid?

sounds good. I'm voting Quid now anyway lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This was the scum factional ability LM used in Secret Invasion, FWIW:

quote:

Faction Abilities: Each night, one person in the faction may perform a nightkill. The other two players can use their personal abilities, as detailed below this. Starting on night 3, on every odd-numbered night, you may forego all of your abilities AND your nightkill to abduct another player, adding them to your team (though altering their abilities).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I know Quid's jugg ability looks intimidating vis-à-vis messing with the cop bulletproof, but we want to deal with the person we think was on the original scumteam first - there's a chance recruit is a player's ability rather than a factional one, and that PBS has it, and we want that out of play.

Yeah, I've been sitting here thinking about it, and I think it's best to get rid of the dude we don't know the abilities of. We have no clue what he can do.

Not to mention, when we do Quid, he won't go away right away. So may as well do him second so we are actually reducing the number of scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So yeah, ready to vote PBS whenever, but obviously we can let other people come in here and post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So 10 alive right now. Vote PBS out, 9 alive with 1 remaining scum. Night kill takes us to 8. Tomorrow vote Quid, he kills Kash, takes us to 7. Night kill takes us to 6. Vote quid out again the following day and that is hopefully game over with 5 of us left?

Worst case, if there is somehow another recruit in there, it looks like we can still win this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, scum is about to get a boon probably. We haven't picked the zone they are in and it looks like any other zone hunters we have haven't found them either.

So...now that we theoretically know who the scum are, might be worth thinking about finding the scum with our choice today since if we miss them today that is three in a row.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
shouldnt we lynch quid today but put votes on PBS so Quid doesnt die from the lynch but PBS does?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Why am I killing Kash?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What in the world is being discussed I am confused

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
oh nm last voter dies not next highest vote leader

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

we know you are scum and your abilities

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

There have only been a page of posts since your last post Quid, but nice try pretending to be confused.

I'm sorry you got boned by Cpig.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

we know you are scum and your abilities

Or, rather, we know that either Quid or KB is scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Or, rather, we know that either Quid or KB is scum.

I mean, if you really want to what if this, there is also the possibility of a redirect or something and I wasn't actually looking at Quid. But meh. I think this is an occam's razor situation. It makes the most sense that Cpig really converted him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If I live through the night, I'll grab someone elses deets and the picture will get even clearer.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I guess skynet central seems like the most potential scum favorable land they could be hiding. But I'd rather not go there. Maybe someone like Exakt can check there for us?

I'm thinking they might also go to someplace like our starting zone which we aren't likely to pick?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, if you really want to what if this, there is also the possibility of a redirect or something and I wasn't actually looking at Quid. But meh. I think this is an occam's razor situation. It makes the most sense that Cpig really converted him.

I mean, we know that you have a rolecop ability, but that could easily be a scum ability and you're falsely implicating Quid. It would be going out on a hell of a limb without guarantee to win the game for scum if true, though.

But we can worry about that tomorrow.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I mean, we know that you have a rolecop ability, but that could easily be a scum ability and you're falsely implicating Quid. It would be going out on a hell of a limb without guarantee to win the game for scum if true, though.

Yeah, would be a gambit without any chance of payoff.

Also, why would I bother today when PBS is theoretically already going down?

But it's cool.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Uh, Skynet could be really good for us, depending on the exact wording of Quid's ability.

The plan could be dunk Kashuno -> have him take Quid with him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Quid can't kill me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you guys wanna pop quid today I'm down with it. His ability to kill the last voter won't kill me

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm, I'm not sure how the mod would process this. I see where you are going with this, but let's look at what skynet says to start with:

quote:

GAME EFFECT: Your Move, Creep - The lynched player will be able to take someone with them OR give a boon (cop/doc) to a still-living player.

So to me the cuddled player is Quid in that scenario, even though his ability keeps him from dying. So he still gets to pick what to do. And since he's scum, he would just kill another person.

Without quoting the actual pm, it says essentially last voter dies instead.

So if I was the mod, I'd process that as Quid is the cuddled player. So he gets to choose to take someone with him. Then his ability kicks in and last voter also dies.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, I'm not sure how the mod would process this. I see where you are going with this, but let's look at what skynet says to start with:

So to me the cuddled player is Quid in that scenario, even though his ability keeps him from dying. So he still gets to pick what to do. And since he's scum, he would just kill another person.

Without quoting the actual pm, it says essentially last voter dies instead.

So if I was the mod, I'd process that as Quid is the cuddled player. So he gets to choose to take someone with him. Then his ability kicks in and last voter also dies.

No. Cuddle Kashuno (or me, or w/e). We designated Quid as the player we suicide bomb. He doesn't get cuddled, there's no last voter, he just dies, and we avoid an extra (odd, potentially crucially) night.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Eh gently caress it. I'm jaws, the ST. Both the N1 and N2 were mine. I tried to kill YPM last night because I'm an idiot and have been trying to phone play this game.

loving Cpig, I'm not even on his drat team :argh:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

No. Cuddle Kashuno (or me, or w/e). We designated Quid as the player we suicide bomb. He doesn't get cuddled, there's no last voter, he just dies, and we avoid an extra (odd, potentially crucially) night.

Ohhhhhh poo poo!

That might just work.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Or we just have a 4 player conventional scum-team + an SK, w/e.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Or we just have a 4 player conventional scum-team + an SK, w/e.

hahahah, whelp.

Kinda 2 sks counting Kash.

Why haven't the scum been killing then?

Man, can't wait to see the mod doc for this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##6. SkyNet Central

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They could've tried to kill me I don't die

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

They could've tried to kill me I don't die

Or Taste....true.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Especially if my list contained both cpig and PBS, once that info came out d2 they probably tried to eliminate me and failed

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Especially if my list contained both cpig and PBS, once that info came out d2 they probably tried to eliminate me and failed

Yup yup yup. Very true.

So keeping you around was the correct choice. Even though you lied/misread about the abscond.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Glad I convinced you to share your list :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Barring weird poo poo that PBS can do to us, or extra recruits we don't know about, I think we have this in the bag.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Eh gently caress it. I'm jaws, the ST. Both the N1 and N2 were mine. I tried to kill YPM last night because I'm an idiot and have been trying to phone play this game.

loving Cpig, I'm not even on his drat team :argh:

im jaws hes lying

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
but is that a scum claim? Why would a scum claim lie about flavor? :shrug:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

but is that a scum claim? Why would a scum claim lie about flavor? :shrug:

He was claiming SK, not scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
he must be jaws the shark and im jaws from bond :shrug:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I thought you were loving with him.

You are seriously Jaws?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I talked with KB and everything he's said is consistent with what we discussed in the masonry, to the degree that I would be really really shocked if he's scum.

I'm looking over the game still but off the top of my head I'd be fine with deputizing PMom. I believe KB is town but it's probably worth letting him use his ability. I have a similar ability to EXAKT - I can choose another zone to cover to try and break up scum's streak of not being found. So far I'm 0 for 2 (used lie detector N1).

I agree that PBS and Quid are probably scum. I'm a bit curious why PBS would have handled the kill if she was the recruiter, but there are enough plausible reasons that I don't think it's worth worrying about another scum recruiter being out there. I'm down to follow along with what people think works best here.

• Locked thread