Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya im bond jaws but after he was turned into a good guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

he must be jaws the shark and im jaws from bond :shrug:

Ohhhhh.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

he must be jaws the shark and im jaws from bond :shrug:

lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

pbs must be blofeld

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote pbs let's pack it in

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##deputize pinterest mom
##6 skynet central

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i think theres been like 0 games ever where me and quid were the same alignment not even lying its like our "rivalry" was forced on us by the gods

funny that we are both jaws's

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

For for skynet first. and deputize pmom.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##deputize pinterest mom
##6 skynet central

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

King Burgundy posted:

I thought you were loving with him.

You are seriously Jaws?

That's...interesting.

##deputize Pinterest Mom
##6 Skynet Central
##vote PBS

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

LM didn't list a total vote needed for deputizing this time.

Last time it was 6 when vote for cuddle was like 10. So I think we have enough? Probably?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Technically I am Cosmic Jaws and if that's a real movie I wanna watch it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

LM didn't list a total vote needed for deputizing this time.

Last time it was 6 when vote for cuddle was like 10. So I think we have enough? Probably?

It's half the votes for a dunk, so we have enough. Do we want to wait for PBS to get a chance to post or nah.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
googling cosmic jaws brings up this result:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dude, if those roles were randomly assigned, Fate really has it in for you two.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's half the votes for a dunk, so we have enough. Do we want to wait for PBS to get a chance to post or nah.

Ah cool. I'm fine to hammer then if no objections.

We could wait for him to post, but I was assuming scum must have a vig and that is why they wanted to drift. Of course, he didn't use it when we were there, sooooo, who knows.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
finish that fool off with a zany one liner

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Ah cool. I'm fine to hammer then if no objections.

We could wait for him to post, but I was assuming scum must have a vig and that is why they wanted to drift. Of course, he didn't use it when we were there, sooooo, who knows.

I say go for it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote PBS
:redhammer:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I wish I wasn't at Disneyland and hadn't missed KB's outing me post because I was going to claim using pig's item and having it turn me into a Miller Bomb. Oh well

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

no one liner.... thread voted 1

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinmom just took the pressure off. Guess I don't need to think of a zany one liner now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

JakeP posted:

ya im bond jaws but after he was turned into a good guy

Didn't dongsbot flip Jameses Bond? Is it normal for multiple characters from the same universe to be in the game?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hechi le mechi baby

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Didn't see that hammer, my bad.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i slept the entire day what is up my friends

oh i am going have to find the serial killer for you guys ok

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

PBS Newshour posted:

i slept the entire day what is up my friends

oh i am going have to find the serial killer for you guys ok

hrmmm

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hey there was a hammer. I'll be home in a few minutes to flip. Don't talk obviously

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: You're not the boss of me :ghost:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Streets Outside Hell's Club

They chase him through the streets, that last vestige of the Empire fading from memory. There are multiple pursuers, but it's Donowitz who finally corners him. Donowitz twirls a baseball bat, pacing back and forth. His eyes never leave his prey and he finally blasts him in the face with the bat.The man barrels to the floor, spinning and slinging blood everywhere.

"gently caress a duck," Donowitz putters, "you gonna give up the ghost that easy?" His victim stammers to his feet and holds up a hand, hopefully waiting for a chance to breathe. At this point a crowd has gathered around the fight and Donowitz smiles. He cocks back for another blow.

"You don't want no more, old man?" Donowitz continues. "You're the one who wanted to be an Emperor, didn't ya? T' kill my people? Didn't ya?!"

The man drops his hands, stands up straight, and stares back into Donowitz's eyes. He begins to speak:

"I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible- Jew, Gentile, black men, white…

"We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each others’ happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

"Greed has poisoned men’s souls; has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind.

"We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery ,we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in man; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all.

"Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.

"To those who can hear me, I say 'Do not despair.'

"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

"Soldiers! Don’t give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you; who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel! Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder!

"Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men—machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have a love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate!

"Only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural.

"Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

"In the seventeenth chapter of St. Luke, it’s written “the kingdom of God is within man”, not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people, have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy, let us use that power.

"Let us all unite.

"Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfill their promise. They never will!

"Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people!

"Now let us fight to fulfill that promise! Let us fight to free the world! To do away with national barriers! To do away with greed, with hate and intolerance!

"Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness.

"Soldiers, in the name of democracy, let us all unite!"

The crowd is stunned. Donowitz is stunned. His fellow soldiers have arrived and they, too, are silent. This man, this great dictator, has suddenly turned and given them hope. Tears in his eyes, Donowitz drops the bat and the dictator looks out at the people who have amassed before him. His eyes meet with a woman in the crowd.

"Hannah, can you hear me?" he begins. "Wherever you are, look up Hannah! The clouds are lifting! The sun is breaking through! We are coming out of the darkness into the light! We are coming into a new world; a kindlier world, where men will rise above their hate, their greed, and brutality. Look up, Hannah! The soul of man has been given wings and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow! Into the light of hope, into the future! The glorious future, that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up, Hannah. Look up!"

The crowd is silent still. Next to the woman, who still has her eyes locked with the speaker, despite both eyes being filled with tears, a man gently grasps her shoulder.

"Hannah," he whispers, "did you hear that?"

"Listen..." she replies.

The heavy silence squashes the fires of war within all their hearts. Peace comes to Hell.

PBS Newshour aka Adenoid Hynkel A Jewish Barber (Scum-Aligned Town-Aligned) has been eliminated Day 4.

Pinterest Mom has been deputized and gets a cop/BP tonight.

Tomorrow's destination is SkyNet Central.

It's Night 4. Get in ya actions!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Hell's Club

A patch of grass lies on the outskirts of Hell's Club, where some hopeless fool has taken to making a graveyard. This despite the fact that no patch of floating earth could hold the untold dead of the world. Police seem to have arrived on the scene and two men look down on a bloody scene.

"Another one," the chief sighs. "It's a pattern, Yuen. Don't you understand?"

"But how is our killer so brutal?" Yuen replies. "And why kill this guy? Don't know much about him other than the last name, Krycsiwiki? What is that, Polish?" Yuen sighs at the blood and gore strewn about the cemetery, taking note of metal filaments that have been embedded in a nearby red-spackled grave marked only "BOND." The chief motions for the examiners to wrap up the scene and then begins walking toward the barrier between the zones.

"What next, chief?" Det. Yuen asks.

"We catch a killer," the chief replies, vanishing through the portal.

JakeP aka Jaws (Town-aligned) has died Night 4.

It is now Day 5. With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. Additionally, today you are in the robot warzone of SkyNet Central. See the second post for the consequences of your choice.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (9): CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, PBS Newshour, Pinterest Mom, Quidnose, Tommunist

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 25th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##vote Kashuno

GOD do I wish I still had a thunderdome shot.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
was pbs a miller idgi

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

This is obvious and gently caress kash.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

##vote Kashuno

GOD do I wish I still had a thunderdome shot.

##vote Keane

Wasn't the play for me to die anyway and kill Quid?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm still seeing PBS in votefinder; is that a mistake? Given her flip, I honestly can't tell.

PMom, any results?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idgi. You guys just vote me out we kill the SK gg?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

This is obvious and gently caress kash.

Pretend like I just woke up and :350:'ed and do not see what is obvious and explain it to me like I am an idiot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Pretend like I just woke up and :350:'ed and do not see what is obvious and explain it to me like I am an idiot?

Keane is dumb and doesn't realize I want to die anyway to kill the SK

• Locked thread