Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Have any of you been getting Just For You offers for no reason? It's not even close to being my birthday, and they've given me a 50% discount for Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley. Twice. Seriously, they added the same discount a second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Clearly you haven't heard the theme from Silver Surfer. I'm on my phone so you have to look it up yourself but it is very, very good.

Wait here we go
https://youtu.be/-J0H5ah1G7A

Tim Follin is a maniac and a god
https://youtu.be/4_gObHt1uZA

The pictionary drawing theme is my favorite NES track and way too rad for NES pictionary

https://youtu.be/x8bVrwQxDXc

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

And More posted:

Have any of you been getting Just For You offers for no reason? It's not even close to being my birthday, and they've given me a 50% discount for Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley. Twice. Seriously, they added the same discount a second time.

wait what? My birthday is next week am I supposed to be getting discounts on the eshop?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

netcat posted:

silver surfer is a pretty cool game :(

:stare:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Leper Residue posted:

wait what? My birthday is next week am I supposed to be getting discounts on the eshop?

Well, I assumed it was intended for birthdays. Maybe not, then. :shrug:

It's part of My Nintendo, I believe.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You can see what "offers just for you" you have in this page (of course you will need be logged in to see them, though). I also have two 50% coupons for the Havest Moon/Minecraft knockoff. It's not my birthday either. I think most everyone got those?

I don't understand the point of these in comparison with a standard sale. Maybe those responsible think this will likely get people more keen to buy it with a false sense of urgency + uniqueness? Don't buy it, though -- it's a bad game.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

You can see what "offers just for you" you have in this page (of course you will need be logged in to see them, though). I also have two 50% coupons for the Havest Moon/Minecraft knockoff. It's not my birthday either. I think most everyone got those?

I don't understand the point of these in comparison with a standard sale. Maybe those responsible think this will likely get people more keen to buy it with a false sense of urgency + uniqueness? Don't buy it, though -- it's a bad game.

I still have no Just For You Offers at all. :( Nintendo hates me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

"You don't currently have any Just for You offers."

:(

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, there goes that theory that "most everyone got those".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Saoshyant posted:

I thought Nintendo liked me. :(

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Saoshyant posted:

Well, there goes that theory that "most everyone got those".

It could still be a NoE thing, maybe? Good to know that they didn't specifically choose such an ugly-looking game just for me, though. :shobon:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I thought Nintendo liked me. :(

That love doesn't come for free, kid.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I have a short list of them, but I just had a birthday and they are good until 31 July. I think that it's a 30% discount across the board, which is generous for Nintendo, and they have some notable titles on there, but unfortunately every game on there is either already in my library, of no interest to me, or even with the discount too expensive for me to gamble on striking gold. For example, they offered me Woolly World for $34.99, but I just bought a physical copy off of Amazon for less than that, with Prime shipping no less. Other games discounted that I own are Mario Maker and NSMB2.

Woolly World is a lot of fun, though, and I'm glad that I bought it. I spent over 20 minutes just on world 1-1 finding all of the little stamps and flowers and yarn balls and so on, and when I realised that it took me that long to 100% just the first level of the first world, it made me smile.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

jivjov posted:

The other three characters in the season pass past Marin have leaked and are most likely Toon Zelda, Yuga, and Ravio

Why would Link Between Worlds get two characters?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Because that's what the DLC pack said they'd get?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Because it's one of the best-received Zeldas in ages and they announced a while ago it was getting two characters.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

ImpAtom posted:

Because it's one of the best-received Zeldas in ages and they announced a while ago it was getting two characters.

I must've forgotten.

Would've easily preferred Maple instead of Yuga, did anybody actually like Yuga? I kinda thought he was a lazy mix of Ganondorf and Ghirahim.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Right, so, Ninja Smasher. I actually ended up playing it already because I was procrastinating on stuff.

Well... it's a short retro-style Metroidvania, with everything that means. It's the kind where there's dungeons to find that holds the items that you need. Be warned that, as stated, it's short - even the first time through did not take me that long. I would say it has definite replay value, but that's somewhat related to me deciding I wanted to speedrun it before I had even beaten it.

At the price point, I'm definitely recommending it, but if you're the kind of person who don't really replay games even when there's more content after the first playthrough, you might consider it too short.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

KennyMan666 posted:

Right, so, Ninja Smasher. I actually ended up playing it already because I was procrastinating on stuff.

Well... it's a short retro-style Metroidvania, with everything that means. It's the kind where there's dungeons to find that holds the items that you need. Be warned that, as stated, it's short - even the first time through did not take me that long. I would say it has definite replay value, but that's somewhat related to me deciding I wanted to speedrun it before I had even beaten it.

At the price point, I'm definitely recommending it, but if you're the kind of person who don't really replay games even when there's more content after the first playthrough, you might consider it too short.

Hmm. Ok. Thanks for the trip report! :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I must've forgotten.

Would've easily preferred Maple instead of Yuga, did anybody actually like Yuga? I kinda thought he was a lazy mix of Ganondorf and Ghirahim.

I would've preferred Hilda but Yuga isn't surprising

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

netcat posted:

The youtube comments in there makes me sad as they're all "LOL GREAT MUSIX lovely GAME" when silver surfer is a pretty cool game :(

It's okay, netcat, this is a safe place. We're gonna get you help :suspense:.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 28):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    3Souls - €3.60/ £3.20
    Dragon Skillst - €7.99 / £6.79
    Letter Quest Remastered - €7.99 / £7.19 until August 11, standard price €9.99 / £8.99
    Secret Files: Tunguska - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 4, standard price €9.99 / £8.99
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €9.99 / £8.99 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for Wii U + 3DS
    Minecraft Battle Map Season Pass - €9.99 / £7.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    R-Type (TG16) - €7.99 / £7.19
    New Adventure Island (TG16) - €5.99 / £5.39
    Bonk's Adventure (TG16) - €5.99 / £5.39
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from July 28-August 11

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Power Disc Slam - €11.99 / £9.99
    Psycho Pigs - €7.99 / £7.19
    Crazy Construction (demo)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €14.99 / £13.49 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for 3DS + Wii U
    Fire Emblem Fates Map Pack 2 - (6 maps, released weekly) - €7.99 / £7.19
  • Fire Emblem Fates: IV: Light's Sacrifice (Defensetaker, difficulty ***) - €1.99 / £1.79
  • Fire Emblem Fates: V: Endless Dawn (Speedtaker & Resistancetaker, difficulty ***) - €1.99 / £1.79
  • Fire Emblem Fates: End: Lost in the Waves (Point Blank, difficulty ***) - €1.99 / £1.79
NEW 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Buy 2, get 1 free until August 11!
  • Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting (SNES) - €7.99 / £7.19
  • Super Street Figher 2: The New Challengers (SNES) - €7.99 / £7.19
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES) - €7.99 / £7.19
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy any 2 SNES Street Fighter games on New 3DS VC, get the 3rd free! - ends August 11
    Pokemon Red (3DS VC) - €6.99 / £6.29 until July 28
    Pokemon Blue (3DS VC) - €6.99 / £6.29 until July 28
    Pokemon Yellow (3DS VC) - €6.99 / £6.29 until July 28
    Mega Man 7 (New 3DS VC) - €3.99 / £3.59 for owners of MMX on New 3DS until July 28
    Mega Man X (New 3DS VC) - €3.99 / £3.59 for owners of MM7 on New 3DS until July 28
    Mercenaries Saga 2 (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until July 28
    Legend of Dark Witch 2 (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 4
    Witch & Hero 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.39 until August 4
    Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from July 28-August 11

Power Disc Slam is shovelware Windjammers, Psycho Pigs is a remake of an old Jaleco arcade game that's a little like Bomberman.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Why is R-Type 2 quid more than the other TG-16 games?

I haven't played it since I was about 8, I think it would have been the C-64 or maybe Spectrum conversion. I should pick up the TG-16 version.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 25, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think it was a little extra on Wii, too. I'm guessing it's because the JP release was split across two cards but the NA release had them both on one card... or maybe it's just an Irem tax.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
At long last, Street Fighter ll Turbo appears for the VC. I will be heartbroken if we don't get that in NA shop this week.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Worst Bear posted:

At long last, Street Fighter ll Turbo appears for the VC. I will be heartbroken if we don't get that in NA shop this week.

Doesn't NA already have it? They got like 5 versions of the drat game, I'm sure turbo is one.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Worst Bear posted:

If we are to get it, Capcom will probably post about it soon.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

greatn posted:

Doesn't NA already have it? They got like 5 versions of the drat game, I'm sure turbo is one.
The only thing we have on the 3DS eshop is Super Street Fighter IV. No versions of II for whatever reason.

Rirse posted:

If we are to get it, Capcom will probably post about it soon.
Got my eye on their Twitter. :v:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oh I didn't realize you meant 3ds

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Remember RIVE, the platformer/shmup thing from Two Tribes that got a demo about a year ago? As you may have surmised, they're having trouble optimising the Wii U version and they may end up scrapping that version, but they're open to bringing it to NX if and when they find out what the hell it even is: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/exclusive_rive_delayed_for_wii_u_and_could_switch_to_nx_two_tribes_tells_us_why

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just announced by NOE: two "Nintendo eShop Selects", ie retail releases of indie eShop games, out September 30:

-FAST Racing Neo (includes "Futre Pack" DLC on the disc)
-Steamworld Collection (Steamworld Dig + Steamworld Heist + Heist DLC on disc)

The Aussie press release has them for $50AUD, so they'll probably end up being about 25EUR/20GBP in Europe.

EDIT: Rising Star's releasing Steamworld Collection in NA, I guess NOA's not doing eShop Selects?

EDIT EDIT: FAST "Future Pack" DLC: 8 new tracks, 10 new vehicle profiles, 18 new tunes

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 26, 2016

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I guess we can expect Steamworld Heist to arrive for the Wii U in a couple of months time.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
gently caress, for some reason I thought the Kenran Sagura sale ended on the 31st, and it doesn't look like Deep Crimson is on Amazon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tadpole Treble, the long-in-development Wii U eShop game by the Brawl in the Family guy, should finally be out on August 11.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Next week's JP eShop releases:

Wii U: Zelda Phantom Hourglass (DS), Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (DS), Super Paper Mario (Wii), Fatal Frame/Project Zero 2 (Wii)
3DS: 3D Puyo Puyo 2!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA, you're getting Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) and Kirby Mass Attack (DS) on Wii U tomorrow.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Everyone please buy the greatest game ever made, Kirby Mass Attack

Epic Yarn's okay too

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Regy Rusty posted:

Everyone please buy the greatest game ever made, Kirby Mass Attack

Epic Yarn's okay too

Every time I see that name I see Kirby's Mass Effect.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I want a Kirby Mass Effect now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA, you're getting Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

I just picked this up for $7 because I thought it was already on the Wii VC.