Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

just came out on Steam today after a long time in Kickstarter/Greenlight limbo. check it out

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252610/

full disclosure I am friends with the developers. but they didnt pay me to post this. it's a fun game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

and yet somehow it's really good

Soral
May 30, 2009

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The epic zombies version of FTL

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i was super powerful on my first run and now i'm disappointed by my party. it's a very isaac feeling

kc green's anime club are somewhere ingame but i havent run into them yet

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

The epic zombies version of FTL

It gives me quite a bit of an Oregon trail vibe more than anything. I love Oregon Trail so I'll probably pick it up in the future.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 24, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks like this browser zombie game I used to waste time on that was also 3rd person isometric that I wish I could remember the name of

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

I appreciate the effort, but this GIF is pretty stupid.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
But the thought of Jerry's dad yelling my wallet's gone gave me a smile so,

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

its a fun idea but the combat parts felt bad to me after playing for an hour. i dont like how slow i move, or how the melee combat feels, or how all the buildings feel like they have too many rooms (probably due to the random generation giving everything a same-y feel). its disappointing and i refunded it.

if they paid more attention to the real-time gameplay this could have been a good game.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

they scratch a good itch for random event resource play

also it's kind of cute

EvilMike posted:

if they paid more attention to the real-time gameplay this could have been a good game.

yeah this, but I feel positive enough to say that they're been active in changes and development, and feel that if they keep working on it with feedback given during initial sales they could take it to that level of polish

add new zombie types, maybe boss fights, more varied maps, more mode play types to encourage replay, double the random events, they have a really solid basis to work from

I dunno maybe that's too optimistic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:prepop:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i saw a lot of memes in the preview video, plus slow combat, means this is a no-go for me

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the music is extremely good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6CHpHBT6g

the random events are also good.

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
COOL IT!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it is a lot like ftl in events except the events are a lot more predictable and fun and there's nothing like the crystal ship

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yikes

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i dont know how they dipped into that well of diarrhea and pulled out a bucket of good game but they did

• Locked thread