Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

theres nothing wrong with being a nice guy but creepy pussies are the perps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

a dog from hell posted:

Ugly guys could just get rich or famous. There is no reason to pity men.

As a hideously ugly fat man, I agree. I could totally get rich if I wanted to, which I of course do not, which is why I am poor.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

is that what pick's referring to?? because being a GBS poster it doesn't seem like something she wouldn't get since we always do that

I think SA is probably closer to what Pick's talking about than what I'm talking about, to be honest. At least some of the time.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The worst nice guys are the ones who are "completely platonic" friends with a girl and then when you've been spending all night having fun and it looks like you might be getting lucky the nice guy suddenly decides to drop the "I've always loved you" bomb and suddenly they're all crying and you're immersed in "other people's drama" and she won't let you leave because "you did nothing wrong" and suddenly you're having sex while the dude is crying in the hallway.

gently caress those guys.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Just get your rape on during the yearly purge.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

As a hideously ugly fat man, I agree. I could totally get rich if I wanted to, which I of course do not, which is why I am poor.

I am poor and I know that this is true. Money is out there and there are people who cheat, lie, trade honestly and amaze fools to get it. The only reason you don't have money is because you haven't done the right thing yet.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Moon Atari posted:

I think men have a bigger problem with it because men are more likely to experience complete rejection. As a woman you might be rejected by a man you want, or even have to lower your standards, but with the knowledge that there will always be men out there who want you as you are, even if they are men you don't want. Whereas men can be rejected entirely, such that there is nobody who wants them. Plus it is far less likely for them to have women approach them, so they can experience extended, unbroken periods of feeling unwanted by the opposite sex in a way women are unlikely to.

That turns into resentment when efforts to improve themselves fail to produce results. This isn't helped by the things a man needs to improve to be datable being more all encompassing of who they are as a person (e.g personality, life accomplishments etc) than their appearance, because this means they are being told that they are fundamentally unworthy of love as they are now.

As far as male friendship goes, men do not support each others efforts to get girlfriends because it is considered shameful to need that support.

post your sources

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pick posted:

I know many women who have never believed they were desired by literally anyone and would fall head-over-heels for anyone who showed the slightest interest. They are not pretty though.

I bet they're not pretty

This hooker I know is above average pretty (she'd be an Internet 8/10) and the amount of text messages she gets is insane

Like she could pick any of 30 guys to take her out any day of the week, it's insane how much more attention pretty women get

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

I'm not too clear on this concept of "total rejection" but I think it might be death??

Having zero romantic or sexual prospects, without the knowledge that there is someone who will at least have casual sex with you. A state of feeling rejected by the entirety of the gender of your interest, rather than by individual members of that gender.

I feel the need to point out that I am not expressing my own feelings, just interpreting 'nice guys' and other angry sexless dudes. Although me feeling the need to point that out does say something about social pressures for men and sex.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Just get your rape on during the yearly purge.

Wouldn't fat nerd nice guys do far, far worse in a purge-type situation than in regular society? Like, I'd imagine nice guys are who a society with laws benefits the most, not these made up jocks who would stuff them all in lockers in a free-for-all.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

theres nothing wrong with being a nice guy but creepy pussies are the perps

there should be a law requiring dating sites/reddit/imgur to stick this statement at the top of their webpages

and follow that up with unblockable popups and audio cues screaming this statement every 30 seconds

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

a dog from hell posted:

I am poor and I know that this is true. Money is out there and there are people who cheat, lie, trade honestly and amaze fools to get it. The only reason you don't have money is because you haven't done the right thing yet.

I'm just nice and respect money. Not like all those jerks out there that treat money like their whore, and lie and cheat to get with it. If money would just give me a chance I'd put her it in the best mutual funds and spend it on only the finest things

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

I'm just nice and respect money. Not like all those jerks out there that treat money like their whore, and lie and cheat to get with it. If money would just give me a chance I'd put her it in the best mutual funds and spend it on only the finest things

Mutual funds... lol. Sorry dude but you have to break down walls to reach the most beautiful princess - the almighty dollar.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Hogge Wild posted:

post your sources

Everything he posted is pretty self-evidently true unless you're in complete denial about the world, except for the last sentence, which I don't agree with.

Men and women suffer from different problems. Men tend to suffer more from crippling loneliness and feelings of being completely unwanted, women tend to suffer more from constant negative attention from predators and assholes and feelings of being wanted only for sex.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Wouldn't fat nerd nice guys do far, far worse in a purge-type situation than in regular society? Like, I'd imagine nice guys are who a society with laws benefits the most, not these made up jocks who would stuff them all in lockers in a free-for-all.

No. They'd get they rapes on.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

a dog from hell posted:

Mutual funds... lol. Sorry dude but you have to break down walls to reach the most beautiful princess - the almighty dollar.

I don't know about the worldly aspects of money as much as you because my heart is pure.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

RestingB1tchFace posted:

No. They'd get they rapes on.

How would we, hypothetically, institute a purge-style situation? Asking for a nice friend.

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

RobattoJesus posted:

The worst nice guys are the ones who are "completely platonic" friends with a girl and then when you've been spending all night having fun and it looks like you might be getting lucky the nice guy suddenly decides to drop the "I've always loved you" bomb and suddenly they're all crying and you're immersed in "other people's drama" and she won't let you leave because "you did nothing wrong" and suddenly you're having sex while the dude is crying in the hallway.

Had this exact thing happen to me with an ex in college (well almost, was a longtime friend of hers she had sex with a couple times out of pity), he apparently listened through her dorm door a couple times to us having sex, and "confronted" me about it. Luckily even though he was bigger than me, I was taught to be crazier than the person trying to mess with you, so never saw the douche again.

Nice guys are great, they make it way easier for you to get dates with women if you just be a normal loving person.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

please word filter 'rape' to 'hot cosby' tia

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

Slipped her the ol' spicy cosby

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

Also word filter "nice guy" to "angry virgin," just for the sake of clarity.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

hrollins posted:

Nice guys are great, they make it way easier for you to get dates with women if you just be a normal loving person.

This is wonderfully optimistic, I like it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Even if you're kinda ugly like me, just being a cool guy with a sense of humor will get you a woman who wants to be with you.

Be a nice guy but don't be a "nice guy"

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

How would we, hypothetically, institute a purge-style situation? Asking for a nice friend.

Be governments.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I've never really understood this, because I have asked guys (and women) out and been turned down, which is frankly pretty loving humiliating for a woman, and I didn't go to "well I guess I've got some raping to do"

i should really go easy on the sarcasm around here huh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Irom posted:

i should really go easy on the sarcasm around here huh

mine was also to be read in a joking manner dawg

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
whoo, what a minefield of a discussion! interesting too in that its a relatively new phenomena for humans to be left on their own to find romantic partners rather than being paired up by families or just rich in general.

anyway, just wanted to quote this because holy gently caress its insane

and funniest post in the thread:

lorn Wayne posted:

ok but i don't trust your images anymore, and i'll be reading them back to front.

so in this image, some girl calls a guy mental and he sweet-talks his way back into her heart using the memory of a lost love. :3:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

I laughed at a family guy gag. I have brought shame to my family.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I get hot chicks and cheat on them with fat chicks. Think about THAT nice guys.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

fat girls need love too

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

also I will never accept that a man can be completely involuntarily celibate as long as fat women exist. swallow your pride and plow a fattie if youve got nothing better going on

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Uh, is this the new r/relationships thread or is just the GBS version?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
It's about unlovable outcasts with no self-awareness. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Blue Train posted:

also I will never accept that a man can be completely involuntarily celibate as long as fat women exist. swallow your pride and plow a fattie if youve got nothing better going on

I once went out with a bigger girl who had that whole indestructible hymen thing going on. Sometimes, life gives you no chances.

Ceciltron fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 25, 2016

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ceciltron posted:

A once went out with a bigger girl who had that whole indestructible hymen thing going on. Sometimes, life gives you no chances.
that sounds pretty metal, is that exactly what it sounds like??

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

a hole-y ghost posted:

that sounds pretty metal, is that exactly what it sounds like??

Imagine trying to have sex and then like 3 inches in there's just this inconceivably firm wall you can't do poo poo against.

A while after we stopped seeing each other she had a doctor slice it open with a scalpel. Never saw her again to verify anything. All for the best -she wound up dating a brony.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Blue Train posted:

fat girls need love too

whatever you say jastiger :rolleyes:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It doesnt have to be fat girls, it can be cripples or insane people as well

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
VIRGINS PAY ATTENTION :siren:

Pick posted:

women think benedict cumberbatch is hot
Nerd who knows he's smart af and doesn't give a poo poo what you think

quote:

in parks and rec, a show with rob lowe, every female viewer wanted to bang chubby chris pratt
loser who still loves his life and doesn't give a poo poo what you think

quote:

women don't even like how the price stops being a bison-bear in the end of beauty and the beast
strong af beast-thing idgaf i'm gonna go break a door down or something

quote:

"hottest man alive" george clooney looks like a math teacher
motherfucker has swag and he knows it

just like yourself and enjoy life and the rest falls into place. it's not hard. confidence trumps all else

also broad shoulders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

RobattoJesus posted:

learning how to spot these guys early is a critical skill to develop in college

• Locked thread