Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
ladies love the phantom of the opera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
and he was the ultimate Nice Guy

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

whwnever people bring up mras my minds eye always goes to les miserables, i have no idea why

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Necc0 posted:

learning how to spot these guys early is a critical skill to develop in college

A guy I know was assembled that women label dudes as creepy really fast. I don't think he's a creep, but at the time I couldn't figure out how to explain why we have to learn how to spot a creep quickly.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

profiling is wrong

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Professor Shark posted:

Opposite Land: A girl I hung out with in highschool and early university who I thought I was really good friends with turned out to have a thing for me but never made a move. I found out years later from a mutual friend and was like "drat... I would have gone for that! :("

We should set them up. Does she like California rolls, strawberry & cream Frappucinos, and inviting all my female friends over for all night Sex & the City dvd parties?

Pick posted:

If women minded disfigurement that much, the inheritable ones wouldn't exist. My grandfather looked like someone stretch armstrong'd loving doug jones and his wife (my grandmother) still married him and they were together until he died in his 40s.

One of my dad's uncles was a aerial gunner who had to bail out of a B-24 that got almost cut in half by flack. He had bad facial scarring, including one from the outside edge of his eyebrow, through the eye (it was all white like something out of a horror movie) and down to the corner of his lip. On top of that, the wind caught his parachute when he was still 50-60 feet above and blew him into a tree branch hard enough to break his thigh. The medical system in the POW camp was less than stellar, so he ended up with a permanent limp. But he met, courted, and married my aunt AFTER the war, and she was pretty hot in all the pictures of them from back in the 40's and 50's. I think personality has a lot to do in these situations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Being able to seduce women in the internet age is like a loving superpower.

Step one: be a normal human
Step two: don't be an abnormal dweeb

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i have a friend that used to be perpetually upset about women. bitching nonstop, woe is me poo poo. i told him something that i think took root and its some good advice:

some ppl are just not going to loving like you

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
has anyone said ladder theory yet because that poo poo is lol as gently caress.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i kind of have a trace of sympathy for some pick up artists and ppl that carry on about ladder theory and poo poo like that. to me theyre people that have NO idea about how interpersonal relationships play out and they attempt to quantify them as a result. this clearly doesnt work because relationships obviously arent arithmatic, but the kind of ppl that subscribe to this type of thinking dont know that in the first place

that doesnt make any of it less retarded, mind

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Men and women are equally terrible.

It's almost as if human beings in general are terrible.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Picnic Princess posted:

Men and women are equally terrible.

Yes

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's good that we're calling out all the nice guys, but if you guys could post the female version, it would be cool and good, because they are also loving LOL

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Picnic Princess posted:

This should be in some kind of faq at the top of GBS

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Most of the people I know are really nice and I enjoy spending time with them.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You sound like a nice guy and probably should get help before you die alone

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here's a good one from the female side

It's probably a piece of cake that is going to give you the shits later and then gently caress your best friend, but yes, only listen to your heart

ed: I should try to clear this up, that image is off a woman's FB talking about how more men should think like that about women with a past, sorry for the confusion

ElGroucho fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 25, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

same

my schedule is absurd (one reason i don't care that much if i sprinkle posts on sa all the time is it's like 30 sec here and there throughout an entire day of trying to be productive while completely exhausted, it's the equivalent of getting up to take a whizz) but i still always make whatever time i can for the people i love

it is hard

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bookmarked, fived and and hello from the goldmine

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

It's probably a piece of cake that is going to give you the shits later and then gently caress your best friend, but yes, only listen to your heart

idk i thought it was decent advice

basically 'gently caress the haters trust your instincts'

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

It took me a second to realize what was being said here. This person wants to be with some girl's dad? What?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

clearly talking about asian pussy

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

no they are clearly talking about asian pussy

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

it was not worth the read

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i have a friend that used to be perpetually upset about women. bitching nonstop, woe is me poo poo. i told him something that i think took root and its some good advice:

some ppl are just not going to loving like you

Also some people are just not going to like loving you. In fact, most people. Get over it.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

ElGroucho posted:

Never listen to Dads. My Dad is "getting back out there" after being widowed after 30+ years of marriage and he's basically a 65 year old nice guy.

I keep having to tell him to stop being such a goddamn beta bitch, it's terrible he has literally no loving idea what he's doing, and women in their sixties are seemingly way worse than their 20 year old counterparts because most of them are bitter divorcees.

I'm glad he never tried to give me dating advice.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

wyntyr posted:

Get over it.

this is the key to it all, right here

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

RobattoJesus posted:

Never listen to Dads.

Good advice all around

I should try to clear that up, that image is off a woman's FB talking about how more men should think like that about women with a past

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

"Dude, that cake is poisoned...". "But it tastes so good!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

counterpoint: what if a lot of people had put their dick in that cake??

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when I was in high school, prolly around 16, I realized 'hey, just stop worrying so much and work on yourself bc you're awesome' and seriously it was like flipping a switch.

girls, hot and popular girls, suddenly would speak to me and laugh at my jokes in class. I got invited to parties. my social life flourished. It's amazing the effect that it has on other people when you decide you don't need their validation and just do you. I didn't even really change my wardrobe or style up or anything - it was just an attitude adjustment. Then, since I was at ease with people, I get better and better at small talk and idle chat and seeming like a good listener and flirting. That poo poo is all just practice and trial/error.

Women can smell desperation from a mile away and whining on the internet about how no one will touch your D only makes it 10x worse.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

counterpoint: what if a lot of people had put their dick in that cake??

Pray about it, son.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

ElGroucho posted:

Good advice all around

I should try to clear that up, that image is off a woman's FB talking about how more men should think like that about women with a past

Yeah, that's a crucial piece of information that's missing from that picture

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

ElGroucho posted:

It's good that we're calling out all the nice guys, but if you guys could post the female version, it would be cool and good, because they are also loving LOL

You mean BPD chicks? Fear of abandonment is a universal thing, it just bubbles to the surface in different variants of crazy.

But nice guys and borderlines suffer from the same problem of putting their needs first while thinking they're doing it all for the other person and then losing their marbles when no one wants to put up with their acts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PallasAthene posted:

One of my dad's uncles was a aerial gunner who had to bail out of a B-24 that got almost cut in half by flack. He had bad facial scarring, including one from the outside edge of his eyebrow, through the eye (it was all white like something out of a horror movie) and down to the corner of his lip. On top of that, the wind caught his parachute when he was still 50-60 feet above and blew him into a tree branch hard enough to break his thigh. The medical system in the POW camp was less than stellar, so he ended up with a permanent limp. But he met, courted, and married my aunt AFTER the war, and she was pretty hot in all the pictures of them from back in the 40's and 50's. I think personality has a lot to do in these situations.

this. I am a cripple with a ton of scars from various stuff(no face ones) and i met and a currently dating a wonderful woman. its all about personality and being able to branch out from your own interests. because of her, I am more interested in nature and am thinking of getting a pet snake or reptile/frog. Sure she doesn't have all of my interests, but we have a lot of core similarities and mannerisms and we are able to communicate really well.

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i kind of have a trace of sympathy for some pick up artists and ppl that carry on about ladder theory and poo poo like that. to me theyre people that have NO idea about how interpersonal relationships play out and they attempt to quantify them as a result. this clearly doesnt work because relationships obviously arent arithmatic, but the kind of ppl that subscribe to this type of thinking dont know that in the first place

that doesnt make any of it less retarded, mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8EAwRauoM a must watch documentry about these people.

yeah i pity them more then anything. its clear that a bunch of them are just socialy retarded and fall into bad crowds out of desperation. they think loving is the end all be all, when its not. some are just human diaper narcissists like elliot "never scored" Rodger.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

je1 healthcare posted:

You mean BPD chicks? Fear of abandonment is a universal thing, it just bubbles to the surface in different variants of crazy.

But nice guys and borderlines suffer from the same problem of putting their needs first while thinking they're doing it all for the other person and then losing their marbles when no one wants to put up with their acts.

Maybe I mean more of the "Why aren't all these handsome fit men knocking down my door, I am definitely not someone with crippling social issues and a horrible physique" variety.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Gaunab posted:

Yeah, that's a crucial piece of information that's missing from that picture

Maybe the Dad knows the girl is the type of sad brains who would get really turned on by loving her bfs dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moon Atari posted:

I think I've found one actually.

I know it's a little late but I just had to say ":vince:"

• Locked thread