Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Is the simple wave the new anchor/infinity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

there wolf posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. Inspirational quote tattoos, while bad, are still better than minimalist, single line poo poo like that stupid wave.

That's, like, your like, opinion, man!

No but for real inspirational quote tattoos are the trash of the earth.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

more like shade

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's me I'm unlost

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Johnny Truant posted:

That's, like, your like, opinion, man!

No but for real inspirational quote tattoos are the trash of the earth.

I feel like they're a natural response to every tattoo-havers favorite question, "but what does it mean?"

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
I thought the wave on the finger was cute :shobon:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Psychobabble! posted:

I thought the wave on the finger was cute :shobon:

I did too. :blush:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't mind the little minimalist line things. (When done well, obviously.) The little wave on the finger, and ankle seem cool to me.

My sister in law likes snowboarding, and as such is going to get a little snowflake on her wrist. I have no issues with tattoos like that.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

When your friend posts on FB about getting a tattoo with their pet's ashes in the ink :psypop:

Upity Cracker
Jun 25, 2008

Well, what do you expect? These yokels are pure Baltic Avenue.
Phone posting and quoting takes to much work. The tattoo with the wings, the circle and fist are Rise Against iconography they frequently use on albums and shows.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't mind the little minimalist line things. (When done well, obviously.) The little wave on the finger, and ankle seem cool to me.

My sister in law likes snowboarding, and as such is going to get a little snowflake on her wrist. I have no issues with tattoos like that.

(Again, posting as a tattoo snob) I hate, hate, hate, hate those 'minimalist' tattoos. Why bother getting something the size of a dime? The tattooist will literally spend twice as long setting up and breaking down their station than they will actually tattooing you. It seems like such a cop out of people wanting to be seen as artsy or trendy or whatever while putting no original thought into the tattoo. Argh, it makes me so mad.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

cyberia posted:

(Again, posting as a tattoo snob) I hate, hate, hate, hate those 'minimalist' tattoos. Why bother getting something the size of a dime? The tattooist will literally spend twice as long setting up and breaking down their station than they will actually tattooing you. It seems like such a cop out of people wanting to be seen as artsy or trendy or whatever while putting no original thought into the tattoo. Argh, it makes me so mad.

Never search for micro tattoo. You get pages and pages of poo poo like this:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

hyperhazard posted:

This isn't doing my blood pressure any favours :argh: Similarly, the lead singer of Hiatus Kaiyote has a line tattooed on her face symbolising the scratch she received from a baby crow she rehabilitated once. I'm phone posting or I'd post pictures and look up her hippy loving rationalisation for why she felt it so important to memorialise this event on her goddamned face. In other news, why won't these kids get off my lawn, etc, etc.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The dots just look like the dots they tattoo on people for radiation therapy, so to me that lady just looks like she had toe cancer.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

I find peace in this by pretending it is an homage to Phoebe's tattoo of the Earth from really, really far away.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

BjornOfBorg posted:

It came from FB:

This one looks pretty painful.

And from IG:

Must suck to have people steal your poo poo and not even fix the weird angle.

To top it off, the guy is telling me that I should be honored and get some humility.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ToastFaceKillah posted:

To top it off, the guy is telling me that I should be honored and get some humility.

I thought that cat just had one giant hoppy leg.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I saw a "I will not sink" tattl with the anchor out in the wild today. It was on a very large woman so I don't know why she was concerned with sinking.

Also holy poo poo are people still getting wings on their back?! That poo poo was old 20 years ago.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The most scathing criticism I can think of for backwing tattoos was that I thought it was really cool when I was 13.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Wing tattoos are so quaint and out of style, it's all about bloody stumps of angel wings that were cut off

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

ToastFaceKillah posted:

Yeah, just caught up with that on your IG. It's terrible that people think you should be honoured because they stole some of your artwork and poorly put it on someone's skin. The whole "it's okay because I'm an apprentice" line of reasoning makes me cringe as well. He should be learning how to draw and design proper artwork!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Done by my uncle at Blindside Tattoo on 6th street in Austin, TX
Every tattoo I’ve gotten has had a special meaning to me, but this one tops them all.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ToastFaceKillah posted:

And equating your pokemon designs to his plagiarism :psyduck:

Block the idiot and let him flop as a thief-apprentice, yeesh gently caress that guy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cyberia posted:

The only thing that bothers me is that it means it's a half hour of their time that could be going to something good. The flip side is that if they're anywhere decent, they'll be charging the shop minimum for something that takes them two minutes, so it's good money.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

strap on revenge posted:

Every tattoo I’ve gotten has had a special meaning to me, but this one tops them all.

That's so upside down that it hurts, they cant even use the excuse "but it's for meeee" as it's on the outside of their wrist that they can't even see without looking in a mirror.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
My girlfriend is thinking about getting a tattoo of Falcor the luck dragon from Never Ending Story. I decided to google for inspiration

oh my

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This Falcor really likes Rocky Road.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Optimist with doubt posted:

My girlfriend is thinking about getting a tattoo of Falcor the luck dragon from Never Ending Story. I decided to google for inspiration

oh my

Literally burst out laughing on my bus commute :xd:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

best worst tattoo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SaNChEzZ posted:

best worst tattoo

This rules.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Nice likeness of Snoop Falcor.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I think it's possible to make a cool tattoo of Falcor, assuming that you avoid getting your inspiration from the movie version. There are some cool drawings of it coming up in a google image search, the pictures from the movie however seem like a recipe for disaster.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

strap on revenge posted:

The best part about the watercolor tattoo fad is the people who can't do watercolor tattoos.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Nice likeness of Snoop Falcor.

Oh man, now I unironically want this on my body

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Falkor in trad Jap style would probably look rad as hell.

This is so cute... if it's one of those "got a tattoo somewhere not super visible of one of my kid's drawings". The rest :stare:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

This is a man who knows what he likes.

... Just realized I may be making an unfortunate assumption.

RickVoid has a new favorite as of 01:19 on Jul 27, 2016

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
...in case you ever wondered what it was like to get a tattoo at the gathering of the Juggalos.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Space Poodle posted:

...in case you ever wondered what it was like to get a tattoo at the gathering of the Juggalos.

I imagine all tatts done at the gathering of the Juggalos come with a free case of herpes.

"Whatever, just make my kid look like a zombie."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

dpack_1 posted:

That's so upside down that it hurts, they cant even use the excuse "but it's for meeee" as it's on the outside of their wrist that they can't even see without looking in a mirror.

They must think the only time people will see it is when they are intentionally showing it off.