Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Ciampa vs Pentagón is in September

i think this is correct blank was confusing me. august is at bourbon st and they said pentagon v ciampa would be at the eagles club.

fun show very hot finish!! zsj v cedric predictably stole the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shigehiro irie is announced for august:wtc: also moose team tremendous mundo callihan hero evans trevor kongo

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

which is why its going to be cool when ciampa wins the belt in a surprise and the tournament is for the title

More second-rate indies biting PWG storylines, yawn

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The_Rob posted:

70 bucks is honestly a lot though. I agree we should be paying good money for good wrestling, and if it keeps going up all they are doing is pricing more and more people out of their shows. Not to mention its 70 bucks for a ticket you'll probably spend like 20 bucks on beer 25 on a t shirt. It's a lot for every month. I'm fine if it's just for bola, they are bringing in lots of big names I just hope this isn't the new standard.
BOLA is the Wrestlemania of the indies and if I had the opportunity to go I'd absolutely pay that much and not bat an eye. You're guaranteed three nights of the best wrestling in the world and that money helps them bring in the best wrestlers in the world.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RealFoxy posted:

BOLA is the Wrestlemania of the indies and if I had the opportunity to go I'd absolutely pay that much and not bat an eye. You're guaranteed three nights of the best wrestling in the world and that money helps them bring in the best wrestlers in the world.

I agree bola is fantastic. I just know that the last couple of years bola has set the standard for their regular ticket prices.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Indie wrasslin has a long way from the $20 and a handy from the Promoter's Wife days of yesteryear.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Where I live you pay $20 and have to hear the promoter's wife murder the Star-Spangled Banner

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PWG def can get expensive quick if you try going to more than a couple of shows per year

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok show report from AAW United We Stand

prelim match was a six-person intergender tag match. rules SEEMed to suggest that women were only supposed to wrestle women but idk.
conor braxton, eddie machete and scarlett bourdeaux from the tyler black/marek brave wrestling school against gary jay, his rando partner whose name I didn't catch, and the returning angelus layne
match was fine for a dark match while half the crowd is still at the bar or merch tables. braxton/machete/scarbo got the win after braxton bicycle kicked angelus layne behind the ref's back and scarlett pinned her. scarlett is i dunno 30% improved from when i saw her wrestle a hoopla/roh show here in 2014? braxton did 0 hoverboard spots but he has a good look and potential

show opened with a five-person mayhem match which is supposed to be like a cibernetico but first pinfall wins instead of elimination. first out was candice lerae who had not been advertised. then buck nasty, dezmond xavier, davey vega and colt cabana. match was primarily comedy and it all more or less worked. dezmond xavier did a couple biiig dives to the outside and i saw a couple people getting his shirts which i hadn't seen at his last few appearances. they did a gimmick with colt doing atomic drops to people to set them up for candice's ballplex and then they went to do stereo ballsplexes but colt got grossed out by grabbing somebody's balls. finish came when everyone was grouped up outside for another big dive by xavier and davey vega cut him off in mid-sprint and rolled him up for the win

video promo by sami callihan and the killer cult of jt davidson, oi4k and jessicka havok. a hot promo in the context of a yelly intense guy. he put over that it was jake crist's return from retirement and i think said havok was the best of any of them

josh alexander defeated silas young. silas was the undefeated aaw champ for like three years and he cut a promo on alexander about alexander's reign which consisted of like one title defense. also silas said "fwacing." this match was good and had a very hot finish

hooligans v. oi4k. eddie kingston came out before the match started and joined as a single to make it a 5-man 3-way match. this mostly consisted of brawling around outside the ring but not into the crowd. not much flow to it. i think oi4k won i dont remember

zack sabre jr and cedric alexander had a loving phenomenal match. you should get this show to see it. zsj tapped him out but they did a good mutual show of respect that wasnt as ostentatious as WOW WE HAD A WAR but instead was like drat you got me but i almost had you. both guys came away looking like two of the best in the business

fenix d marty scurll. good match, better than the drago or aerostar matches from last month, probably because fenix is better than them. fenixes rope-bounce dives got over big with people who probably hadnt seen much of him before. actually i think this crowd actually had a smaller latino contingent than the last few shows with lucha guys booked. no mexican flags or airhorns which is disappointing because that enhances the atmosphere. marty got going as a heel pretty well although his banter is v corny to me. everyone threw money afterwards because thats just obligatory now i guess. fenix got on the stick and said thank you and started a 'please come back' chant for marty

jessica havok v heidi lovelace was the first match after intermission i believe. havok won pretty decisively i think

trevor lee and andrew everett out for the semi-main. johnny gargano got a big reception for his entrance and then ciampa got streamers and the whole shebang for his. 'please dont go' chants and 'you deserve it' before the match started. johnny put on ciampas doctor doom mask and ciampa put on johnny's little coat. trevor got on the stick and cut a promo congratulating them but then made a snide comment about them going to developmental while he and andrew were in the real big leagues of tna. gargano took the mic and said 'i understand you guys were having flight issues but...... i knew you'd come.' so then there were DELETE and brother nero chants. i was heavily booed for chanting tna later in the match. i dont remember this match much except they did a slo-mo dance-off spot and i think ciampa got the pin? so then ciampa got on the mic and said well anyway i talked to danny daniels and something something i'll be back but this is johnny's last show so gargano did a farewell promo about how he wouldnt have gotten started in DGUSA if he hadnt been at an AAW show back in 200x and whatever it was nice.

callihan v pentagon jr for the belt. match didnt really find a rhythm early and they went to pretty standard brawling around the ring and chops on the guardrail and spilled over the guardrail only briefly. pentagon's chops were fuckin savage though, i've seen him three or four times now and these were his loudest chops ever. pentagon lost his shirt and chopped the singlet off sami lol. it really started to heat up when dave crist and then jake crist and then jt davidson interfered and pentagon dispatched all of them and then it got bonkers for the false finishes, at least three of which i totally bought. pentagon pinned him with the last falconry i think and the pop was huge and then he started promoing in spanish and i dunno what he said but he is extremely cool and badass while saying it. so psycho killer hit and ciampa came out and explained that he talked to danny daniels and the aaw title is the one thing that has been eluding him and he picked up the money int he ring and threw it in pentagons face and said 'i just signed with the biggest wrestling company on earth. i dont need your $1 bills' so he definitely took a bit of a heel slant. he specified that match will be in berwyn which i think rules out august and it will be a very hot matchup. palpable buzz in the air after a great finish, title change and then that challenge

here's fray idk gently caress him he unfollowd me
https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/757570107170168832

def go out of your way to see zsj/cedric

Super No Vacancy posted:

shigehiro irie is announced for august:wtc: also moose team tremendous mundo callihan hero evans trevor kongo

i think the only match announced for august is mundo v. callihan

moose is like their third farewell that immediately returned lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

me and fray both forgot the ar fox v mat fitchett match. i might have been getting food idk

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Pentagón/Callihan was one of the hottest finishes I've seen live. That crowd was going insane and we just came unglued on the second Fear Factor.

It was so satisfying seeing Hot Topic: The Wrestler come up against a dude more evil and brutal than he could ever hope to be and just getting his whole poo poo pushed in. Shame Pentagón didn't break both of his arms.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It was so satisfying seeing Hot Topic: The Wrestler
Jealous that you got a surprise Jeff Hardy appearance

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploding mummy posted:

$50 gets you front row reserved at Evolve

EVOLVE has trouble selling out a venue that size too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
God damnit Tommy End is out of 13 :(

That's he second time that has happened to me. Brian Cage is replacing him against Adam Cole.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Basic Chunnel posted:

Jealous that you got a surprise Jeff Hardy appearance

He's more like Spencer's Gifts, the Wrestler

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

EVOLVE has trouble selling out a venue that size too.

yeah I'm not really seeing real big value difference in front row and GA seating for Evolve.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

look at that turnaround time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBnmeJ6b6Q0

Super No Vacancy posted:

andrew everett, ricochet, ar fox, davey vega, mat fitchett, dezmond xavier, kimber lee also

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ9Ilfxslzc

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Live reports were saying that show was really good.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I had about half a yelp review written about the orpheum in ybor city, so I will just say I wish evolve ran at one of the dozen better venues on that street, and i hope they have the sweetest of sweetheart deals to run there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beggar posted:

I had about half a yelp review written about the orpheum in ybor city, so I will just say I wish evolve ran at one of the dozen better venues on that street, and i hope they have the sweetest of sweetheart deals to run there.

Gabe has run some really, really bad venues during the DGUSA/EVOLVE run, probably because they are the cheapest and the live crowd doesn't really matter compared to the iPPV.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
There's about 35 tickets left for Beyond Wrestling Americanrana '16 at Fete Music this Sunday. They've added a few matches since the initial card announcement.

*To Determine The Ace Of Beyond Wrestling*
Chris Dickinson vs. Donovan Dijak vs. JT Dunn

*2 Out Of 3 Falls*
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Jonathan Gresham

*First Time Ever*
Chris Hero vs. Kimber Lee

*Six Man Tag Team Match*
Catch Point (TJ Perkins, Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams) vs. Team Pazuzu (Jaka, Mike Draztik, Angel Ortiz)

*Battle Of New England*
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Brian Fury

*One Year In The Making*
Johnny Gargano vs. David Starr

*HOSS FIGHT~!*
Brian Cage vs. Keith Lee

*Please Come Back*
AR Fox vs. Matt Tremont

*Breakout Stars Showdown*
Matthew Riddle vs. John Silver

*Ten Man Tag Team Match*
Strong Style Squad (Danny “Mafia” Maff, Steve “Monsta” Mack, Homicide, Eddie Kingston, B-Boy) vs. Crusade For Change (Darius Carter, TJ Marconi, Anthony Gangone, Devin Blaze, Tommy Trainwreck)

This show is also the last appearance of Gargano and Ciampa in Beyond Wrestling.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I don't know anything about Team Pazuzu so I looked them up. Apparently their t-shirt says "Born to Rape the World" on it and I have to wonder who would ever wear that outside.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Anal Surgery posted:

I don't know anything about Team Pazuzu so I looked them up. Apparently their t-shirt says "Born to Rape the World" on it and I have to wonder who would ever wear that outside.

They've since got rid of that... That was from a few years ago. It was also the name of Dickinson's best of dvd on it's first run but was renamed to Born to Rule the World.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That 10 man tag is gonna be a massacre.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I haven't followed indy wrestling in a long time, do Maff and Homicide not hate each other anymore? I just remember Homicide saying "it's him or me" to all the northeast indies and calling Maff a pedophile leading to Maff being blackballed from wrestling except for the odd appearance in Puerto Rico or something.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sprecherscrow posted:

I haven't followed indy wrestling in a long time, do Maff and Homicide not hate each other anymore? I just remember Homicide saying "it's him or me" to all the northeast indies and calling Maff a pedophile leading to Maff being blackballed from wrestling except for the odd appearance in Puerto Rico or something.

IIRC, the beef was squashed. I believe Maff nailed Homicide's young sister or something like that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

beggar posted:

Orpheum doesn't mind it when SHINE does spots off the bar or when Saraya Knight decks a patron. That's a super sweet heart deal.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Going to try for BOLA tix, anything I should know? I remember reading last year their ticket site is awful and crashed when people rushed it

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Going to try for BOLA tix, anything I should know? I remember reading last year their ticket site is awful and crashed when people rushed it

Be on the site ready to hit refresh right at 8 PM, tickets will be gone in five minutes or less once it stops crashing from a million people loading it at once. Make sure you have your Paypal password memorized so you can check out as fast as possible. Pray if you believe in prayer.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

go login to paypal like 5 minutes earlier so your session is still active maybe

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I've got a 3 man crew buying tickets. Each of us responsible for a different night. Wish us luck.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ganbatte

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Sold out already :(

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

That suuuucked

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if you're already in the area and its not like a huge trip to just show up to the venue beforehand its pretty easy to find someone in line with an extra ticket they'll sell for face value

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Big ups to NQQ for helping me and his brother get tickets thanks to all the other jokers from last year's crew skipping out

And yeah, people who can't go or bought too many tickets are pretty cool about selling them for face value rather than jacking their asking price way up. I recommend following Excalibur on Twitter if you're not already, he'll retweet people trying to resell tickets to shows all the time.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'll keep an eye out on twitter, I was planning on driving from SF down. I had nights 2 and 3 but night 1 was sold out so it locked my order and wouldn't let me proceed. By the time I went back to re-add tickets everything was gone.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
yeah, i watched as the tickets disappeared from my paypal cart for night 1. poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

Big ups to NQQ for helping me and his brother get tickets thanks to all the other jokers from last year's crew skipping out

And yeah, people who can't go or bought too many tickets are pretty cool about selling them for face value rather than jacking their asking price way up. I recommend following Excalibur on Twitter if you're not already, he'll retweet people trying to resell tickets to shows all the time.

wonder the way that i'm 3 for 3 with pwg tickets?

if you trust in don fujii you'll get tickets.

hope everyone has a blast this year. bring sunscreen and water for the lines; last year the wait was brutal and someone fainted and they called ems.

also grozz has to chant for tozawa because i'm not there.