Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

OK,. this is the Reigns push two years ago. Let's hope they don't gently caress it up this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Judging by that hand gesture, Finn will grab Raw by the balls.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

thought reigns was gonna turn there

It's going to happen.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

kidcoelacanth posted:

thought reigns was gonna turn there

Would have been a perfect opportunity, IMO

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Call Me Charlie posted:

And I'm done...see ya on Smackdown.
lol

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

enzo and cass up next on ride along

what a time to be alive

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Roman has been humbled so hard in the last 24 hours.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

You mean RAM.

Because RAW couldn't have been this good.

gently caress RAW

long live RAM

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Legit thought Roman would go "YEAH I DO", turn around and go spear Finn's balls off.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i am in loving tears

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm loving the post match interview format. It gives the superstars chances to work on their mic skills without having to do 15 minute story-time promos and it makes the show feel more like a sporting event.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

spinst posted:

enzo and cass up next on ride along

what a time to be alive

God help them if Enzo is driving and he drives like he walks.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I bought Takeover tickets instead of Summerslam tickets :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

abraham linksys posted:

WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED AM I loving DEAD WHAT SHOW DID I JUST SPEND 3 HOURS WATCHING

You aren't, but Vince might be :ohdear:

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
As a fat Roman, reigns should do a hedonistic Caligula gimmick

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
MAR is RAM and wrestling is good and cool again.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I did too but they cost about 1/3 of Summerslam tickets and I get to see SHINSUKE loving NAKAMURA so I'm happy

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Blaise330 posted:

I'm loving the post match interview format. It gives the superstars chances to work on their mic skills without having to do 15 minute story-time promos and it makes the show feel more like a sporting event.

yup, they changed a surprising amount of stuff about the show in small ways: the pre and post match interviews, the jobber squashes, the commentary being better, I'm pretty sure they said "wrestling" and "belt" a couple times. And the right people going over for the most part, including a huge title change mid show. They've clearly got some rope to change poo poo up, let's hope they keep it up

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Same but now I think my wife and I are gonna do both and our kid can't go to college

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I enjoyed Monday Night Ram.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
But will Del Rio and The Ascension be able to top it tomorrow

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's going to happen.

Kinda wish Roman and Deano were on the same show, WWE could've played out a wicked "turn on your buddy" angle a la old school Rockers. The announce table powerbomb with Seth and Dean was the perfect catalyst for it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Borrowed Ladder posted:

don't you get to see joe/nakamura and bayley/auska II then? i don't really follow nxt weekly since i'm busy wednesdays but that sounds rad. plus you can probably get some cheap nosebleeds the day of summerslam and still have a good time

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
To follow this up Shane is going to jump off the arena roof on to Dean

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

don't you get to see joe/nakamura and bayley/auska II then? i don't really follow nxt weekly since i'm busy wednesdays but that sounds rad. plus you can probably get some cheap nosebleeds the day of summerslam and still have a good time

yup, plus american alpha!

also the get-in for summerslam is still >$200 on stubhub I think but if it drops below $150 or so I'll think about it

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Is Seth in the dark match? Seems like he got off easy just having to gear up and stand on the ramp grinning tonight.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's got to be a rib that Daniel Bryan is the GM of Smackdown and they made Raw focused on in-ring action with post-match interviews and cruiserweights.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

tecnocrat posted:

OK,. this is the Reigns push two years ago. Let's hope they don't gently caress it up this time.

Not really, Reigns was getting pushed down people's throats despite a lack of crowd reactions and his being a (at BEST) mediocre worker.

Balor is an all-world talent who has wrestled for over a decade and who has gotten supremely over everywhere he's worked.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

Not really, Reigns was getting pushed down people's throats despite a lack of crowd reactions and his being a (at BEST) mediocre worker.

Balor is an all-world talent who has wrestled for over a decade and who has gotten supremely over everywhere he's worked.

Him v AJ was incredible from both ends.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah Finn already proved himself to be a massive draw and merch mover in NXT, I can't blame them for seeing how quickly they can carry that over onto the main roster

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I don't mind paying for SS tickets I'm just not sure I want to spend two of my four NY nights watching wrestling.

But with Seth vs. Finn how can I not??

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

i can watch finn countering the spear into a sling blade all night

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

GeneX posted:

Would have been a perfect opportunity, IMO

Yeah I agree, coming back and losing some big matches, Steph was in his face earlier, Finn is there celebrating. I really hoped that after the closeup on Finn on the ropes he'd go down and bam Roman spear outta nowhere, and then when the interview started I hoped Roman just NOPE'd out of that and went to go kill Finn.

Blaise330 posted:

I agree with this too, I hope they keep it for the major matches where titles are defended or won and #1 contenderships are on the line, pick a guy or girl you want to interview and make it happen.

I also liked the new commentary setup, or at least having a place for commentators to stand and talk about what's going down with the whole arena in the frame behind them.

Overall some good changes to Raw's presentation and booking, it really feels like WWE's making an effort to change in response to the ratings sliding for a looong time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

yup, plus american alpha!

also the get-in for summerslam is still >$200 on stubhub I think but if it drops below $150 or so I'll think about it

I was looking last night and there were tickets for like $148 before fees, but they were very possibly the worst seats in the entire arena.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Sad I missed this live, gonna have to watch the whole replay later.

I don't even remember the last time I watched an entire Raw replay without skipping anything :stare:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Tonight's RAM, summed up:

abraham linksys posted:

this is the best poo poo ive ever seen in my life

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

if bryan alvarez shits all over this raw i'm going to drive to bothell and kick his rear end

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

spinst posted:

if bryan alvarez shits all over this raw i'm going to drive to bothell and kick his rear end

Gonna have to beat Big Vinny V to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
(edit) wrong thread

• Locked thread