Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
a year ago my boss (mid 30s) who had recently been through a divorce, told me (early 20s) that i would probably end up as one of those older dudes who fucks young 20 somethings. she also bet that i preferred short girls (she is pretty tall).

so there ya'll go being a bitter nerd is a gender indifferent part of the human experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:cry: make it stop!

E:
Anakin Skywalker mid movies right here.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Being a nice guy is basically just trying to purchase sex via some kind of pre-monetarist favor-based bartering system.

Just hire a goddamn hooker and be done with it.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Those text overlay type pictures always bother me, because they frequently use a picture that has been floating around in cringe/ugly threads without the text. Which means some physically ugly but not necessarily bad person is getting slandered with either made up text or text that comes from someone else in order to add a visual component to a strawman. I've seen the same nerds picture get used for both atheists are ugly and fake okcupid profile memes, so they are getting owned in several different ways unrelated to anything they are actually responsible for.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

Moon Atari posted:

Those text overlay type pictures always bother me, because they frequently use a picture that has been floating around in cringe/ugly threads without the text. Which means some physically ugly but not necessarily bad person is getting slandered with either made up text or text that comes from someone else in order to add a visual component to a strawman. I've seen the same nerds picture get used for both atheists are ugly and fake okcupid profile memes, so they are getting owned in several different ways unrelated to anything they are actually responsible for.

i think katana guy and guitar guy are pretty cute so :fuckoff:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Moon Atari posted:

which 1 are you?!

kru
Oct 5, 2003

RobattoJesus posted:

Being a nice guy is basically just trying to purchase sex via some kind of pre-monetarist favor-based bartering system.

Just hire a goddamn hooker and be done with it.

I have left over noodles to offer c u in 5 mins

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

hey .any girls itt want to email me

edit i said girls but i really meant women. i thought i should clarify this because i am posting on the s.aw.'rums

edit 3: email me

edit: pick?

lonesomedwarf fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 27, 2016

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Pick posted:

Yeah pretty much. But to be honest, I think that men have a bigger problem with it than women mostly because male friendships are fairweather as gently caress. Or they're something that's like the opposite of fairweather, maybe I'd call it like pitchfriends where they keep each other bitter and angry and feeling like failures so that their friends don't realize their lives could be better than that, because if their lives improved, they'd LEAVE!!

A good friend wants what's best for you, even if it might be to the detriment of your specific friendship.

Actually, I think a lot of men have in essence abusive relationships with one another (just non-sexually). Like, they're afraid that their friends getting GFs and whatever will rip them away, so they subtly tear down their friends or ruin their self-esteem so that they'll stay.

No offense, but you don't seem to understand men at all.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread sucks

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I'm friends with a girl who is just full-on nice-guy "friend zone", just in whatever the reverse of that is.

She constantly posts Facebook diatribes about how guys are turned off by geeky girls and her hobbies of video games and tabletop RPGs will forever prevent any man from loving her.

I see her fairly often, so I've kept my mouth shut, but she's pretty much 100% completely wrong and guys love that poo poo, which you'd think she'd figure out from the 100 clingy nerds constantly fawning over and reassuring her on Facebook. Why doesn't she just date one of them?

Also, MySpace angle girl; big time.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

The Bible posted:

I'm friends with a girl who is just full-on nice-guy "friend zone", just in whatever the reverse of that is.

She constantly posts Facebook diatribes about how guys are turned off by geeky girls and her hobbies of video games and tabletop RPGs will forever prevent any man from loving her.

I see her fairly often, so I've kept my mouth shut, but she's pretty much 100% completely wrong and guys love that poo poo, which you'd think she'd figure out from the 100 clingy nerds constantly fawning over and reassuring her on Facebook. Why doesn't she just date one of them?

email me her email address

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lonesomedwarf posted:

hi its me i lov warcraft and nail polish

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PallasAthene posted:

(he had early 20's motorcycle vibe)

:confused:

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

The Bible posted:

Because she likes the attention and the pity parties. I can actually one-up that. I knew a girl (pretty hot) that was super into old rock bands like Ratt level and dress in leather jackets/hats in sort of a retro style for the time. I hung out with her for awhile because she was good friends with one of my best (female) friends. Weirdly she even tried to make my friend jealous of 'us' though I never dated either of them and neither of them were interested in me yet she'd fawn all over me and tell my other friend all these stories about all the fun we'd have together without her. She also ran a chat room that only had about 5 people ever in it all men all hanging on her every word.

She used to complain all the time about her 'style' was a big turn off for guys while running around constantly flirting with everyone. It was surreal because what 20 year old man would care if their girlfriend was into crappy music and had a pretty generic style of dressing?

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 27, 2016

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

The Bible posted:

man I'm going over this puzzler with a big magnifying glass and everything but I just cant crack the case

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

How is this thread not titled The Friend Zone?!?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

social vegan posted:

hi its me i lov warcraft and nail polish

:getin:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
why can't women see past all the superficial junk and love a man for his true virtues, like how long he can hold his breath or the grace of his hopscotch game?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

lonesomedwarf posted:

He's leaving out the part about her being fat

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Has nobody in this thread considered that, given the typical social proclivities of the average Internet Forums User, we all probably suffer from the slightest bit of confirmation bias w/r/t human relationships?

Before answering please remember we are no longer allowed to have warhammer threads in gbs

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Darkhold posted:

Ratt
:words:
crappy music

Ok now we have a problem

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
good morning feemales

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Moon Atari posted:

Not only this, but there are some guys who are genuinely nice. We just never hear about them because they don't go on rants when the girls don't like them back.

Wow Merle and Daryl Dixon's great grandfather was a biker too.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

blugu64 posted:

Ok now we have a problem
Well to be clear I'm not saying that Ratt is crappy I'm saying if you were 20 and knew a hot girl that was into music you found slightly crappy would that stop you from asking her out?

It's not even like she was into something obscure or hated. Just stuff that wasn't currently popular (this was late 90's)

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Those guys would all be ugly and alone even if they werent "nice". We should just leave them be.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Carmant posted:

Those guys would all be ugly and alone even if they werent "nice". We should just leave them be.

The one in the white tie looks like Dan Ackroyd at age 55. Ray Stantz gets girls, doesn't he? Figure out what he does.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Carmant posted:

Nah Id unshealthe pinstripped fedora guy's katana. The rest need to lose weight, get it together yet you know they aren't going after the chubby homely chixx

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Darkhold posted:

Well to be clear I'm not saying that Ratt is crappy I'm saying if you were 20 and knew a hot girl that was into music you found slightly crappy would that stop you from asking her out?

It's not even like she was into something obscure or hated. Just stuff that wasn't currently popular (this was late 90's)

ive never dated or even known really a girl that didnt like lovely music. thats like saying girls have boobs

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

So what's up with dudes turning nice guy for life upon marriage? Is being a nice guy the final metamorphosis of every male female relationship?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

i like that posted:

Nah Id unshealthe pinstripped fedora guy's katana. The rest need to lose weight, get it together yet you know they aren't going after the chubby homely chixx

There's two pinstripe fedora guys and theyre both disgusting

The Bible
May 8, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

Trust me, you'd really rather not.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Bible posted:

she doesn't date them because she has calculated that she can get more attention from 50 clingy nerds than she can get from one boyfriend.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

He's leaving out the part about her being fat

Last sentence of my post.

Rutibex posted:

she doesn't date them because she has calculated that she can get more attention from 50 clingy nerds than she can get from one boyfriend.

No, it's because she is antisocial as Hell, and because in real life, she can't exploit camera angles and lighting at will.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 27, 2016

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Bible posted:

Also, MySpace angle time; big girl.

There we go

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What's the deal with dudes reaching out years later to apologize for poo poo they did in a past relationship? My girlfriend has had like 3 guys reach out to her and apologize for being lovely boyfriends in high school. Who gives a poo poo? Apparently from talking to her girlfriends its a known thing us guys do. Cant say that I've had the urge to apologize to an ex years down the line.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

SaltLick posted:

What's the deal with dudes reaching out years later to apologize for poo poo they did in a past relationship? My girlfriend has had like 3 guys reach out to her and apologize for being lovely boyfriends in high school. Who gives a poo poo? Apparently from talking to her girlfriends its a known thing us guys do. Cant say that I've had the urge to apologize to an ex years down the line.

It's a false way to try to get an in. Rekindle the relationship.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Carmant posted:

I have a friend who looks like the guy in the third pic, minus nose ring and bandanna, and he has a hot fiance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm a nice guy, where the sex at?

• Locked thread