Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I mean, Activision published the original games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

I mean, Activision published the original games.

From what I hear, the ports of Prototype 1 and 2 they did to the current consoles were really bad.

I'd be really happy if they are good ports of course, but even then $60 is a bit too much for me for these games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Roth posted:

I hate to be that guy, but I'd be more excited if it wasn't an Activision port, and they weren't $60.

Yeah especially since there's 0 new content. I'll probablyget the first if it drops to 20 each.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MUA1 was so much better than 2. More characters more costumes, more stages and they didn't take away half of your characters partway through because they were telling a bastardized version of Civil War.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

muscles like this? posted:

MUA1 was so much better than 2. More characters more costumes, more stages and they didn't take away half of your characters partway through because they were telling a bastardized version of Civil War.

Also the DLC let you play as a time-traveling Doctor Doom who's traveled into the past to undo his own actions.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

I hate to be that guy, but I'd be more excited if it wasn't an Activision port, and they weren't $60.

Sixty bucks for both games, right? Lol if they want that for each of them

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Soonmot posted:

Sixty bucks for both games, right? Lol if they want that for each of them

$40 individually, and $60 for both of them.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

muscles like this? posted:

The character splitting didn't bother me at all. MUA2 only had one less character than MUA1, but it did have fewer levels and costumes (I personally feel that's made up for by the better graphics). I liked the gameplay better in MUA2 and also really enjoyed not having to deal with loving loot.

I like both games a lot. I hate that people give MUA2 such a hard time when imo it's a really great game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

MUA2's story is so loving weak compared to the first one. A world tour of the Marvel Universe vs Lamer Civil War. The combo supers were also pretty lame, they all essentially felt the same compared to the very unique ones in the first game. It's a much weaker effort all around.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Roth posted:

I couldn't find any sort of general video game thread for this, so I guess I'll post it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85jILWA2Hv8
Good lord, Jaime's level of exposure outside of comics has been astonishing. He's been in, what, every DC cartoon and almost every non-Batman, non-Lego video game for nearly a decade. For the post-Millennial generation of children, the Blue loving Beetle counts as a major B-list hero.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Blue Beetle is a pretty good effort in representation, his N52 series sucking so bad notwithstanding. His evil counterpart is Reptil.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think Jaime is probably the most popular new hero DC has made in the past sixteen years.

At least, I can't come up with anyone else who can claim that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Roth posted:

I think Jaime is probably the most popular new hero DC has made in the past sixteen years.

He's certainly stuck around the longest. Also speaking on Injustice 2, Tom Taylor is back to write the comic. The comic is going to bridge the gap between Injustice 1 and 2.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MUA2 also had characters that when you had them, you really shouldn't bother using anyone else because they were just so much better. Like, I remember that once I got Thor, there was no reason to use anyone else because he was just so much better.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Roth posted:

Other characters have been successful (Ms. Martian, the Great Ten), but the only ones I remember who might compete in popularity are Bat legacies: Batwoman, Damian, maybe Red Hood if you count him as new. I'd still give it to Blue Beetle, though. He's really taken off in a great way, across all media. He was in loving Smallville. That might be the quickest turnaround from first comics appearance to first live-action appearance since, what, Batgirl in 1967? And she was created specifically to be adapted into the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There are characters who have appeared before their comics technically, because of the crazy way rights get snapped up now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just want e'ryone to know this is coming.

:)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

H*ck yeah!!!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Why are all of Mark Miller's comic books terrible, but all the movies based on his comics so good? There has to be some kind of scientific equation behind it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The further from the source movies based on his books are, the higher their potential.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Why are all of Mark Miller's comic books terrible

They're not. Pick up Huck.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Endless Mike posted:

The further from the source movies based on his books are, the higher their potential.

Ahh, the Inverse Moore Effect.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Why are all of Mark Miller's comic books terrible

Because Grant Morrison doesn't want to ghostwrite his comics anymore.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Hey does anybody have any good links for online (or buyable) longform comics review/analysis/think pieces? I'm reading through Life of Reilly, and always enjoy stuff like Ask Chris on Comics Alliance, and just looking for more in that style. Also enjoy stuff here like the Bad Runs thread that go in depth on lesser known comics. Anything like those, really. Thanks!!!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My sister might have just killed herself. :smith:

I was going to buy her some Saga when I had the money because I was sure she would loved it and now I don't know if I'll ever be able to keep reading it because of how excited I was to show it to her.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Holy poo poo I'm sorry.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Jesus Christ WH I'm so sorry. That is the absolute worst.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's not a sure thing but it's really not looking good and I'm scared out of my mind. Grateful for thoughts and prayers and stuff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm really sorry you're going through this, Wickedhate. Hang in there.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Good luck WH.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Oh drat, I am so terribly sorry for you and your family. I hope she pulls through.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

She'll pull through, bud.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Jesus that's rough. Good luck to you and your sister, WH.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:( Wickedhate. I hope your sister is fine and everything works out.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Good luck, WH, to you and your loved ones. If your sister use like you then I'm sure she's a good person at heart, and I hope she gets the space and guidance and whatever she needs to work through what must be some rough poo poo.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hope she's alright. Nobody deserves that fate.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it works out for her.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

jesus, im sorry to hear that, a suicide attempt in the family is always loving tough. hope she pulls through and gets the help she needs, mate :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Hey does anybody have any good links for online (or buyable) longform comics review/analysis/think pieces? I'm reading through Life of Reilly, and always enjoy stuff like Ask Chris on Comics Alliance, and just looking for more in that style. Also enjoy stuff here like the Bad Runs thread that go in depth on lesser known comics. Anything like those, really. Thanks!!!

While they don't focus on reviews, Scott McCloud has written a couple of books about comics as a medium, the first one being Understanding Comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Thanks yall. It looked dire but my sister is gonna be okay for now. I really appreciate the :sympathy:, helped me make it through the night.

So, naturally, I'm still set to shove Saga in her face. She doesn't like capes but between that and helping her finish her Tank Girl collection I can still refine her into a comic geek yet. She's a good kid.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 27, 2016

• Locked thread