Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

literally every nutritional sticker here has both kJ and kCal information. Hardly a big deal.

Anyway, have you people never heard of chicken lollipops? It's a well established culinary term.

The idea of sucking/licking chicken is revolting. I will eat them like i eat chupa chups, crunch em up quick then chew on the stick for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

literally every nutritional sticker here has both kJ and kCal information. Hardly a big deal.

Anyway, have you people never heard of chicken lollipops? It's a well established culinary term.

i'm even grumpier if it's an accepted term for a loving frenched wing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

And yet a blended pikachu is more appetizing than the terrible thoughts of what Tiggum puts on his food.

I really want to try Pikachu flavored ice cream now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I gotta say, I never really thought of Little Debbie as a company that kept up with the times.

Also, these things exist as well now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RareAcumen posted:

I gotta say, I never really thought of Little Debbie as a company that kept up with the times.

I'm not sure you understand what anti-food is

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm not sure you understand what anti-food is

I know, I just wanted to post those things because how dare they do this to churros and also emoji brownies are something that've never crossed my mind.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RareAcumen posted:

I know, I just wanted to post those things because how dare they do this to churros and also emoji brownies are something that've never crossed my mind.

Eh, Little Debbie changes the theme on their brownies every couple months, if it wasn't usually focused on public domain themes, they'd probably have Pokémon brownies every year.

Goddamn I want an oreo churro now though :yum:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Eh, Little Debbie changes the theme on their brownies every couple months, if it wasn't usually focused on public domain themes, they'd probably have Pokémon brownies every year.

Goddamn I want an oreo churro now though :yum:

Not from Little Debbie specifically, I just mean the idea of an emoji brownie in general.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like Little Debbie oatmeal creme pies and fudge rounds.

It's me, I'm the fat American. :smithicide:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

whiteyfats posted:

I really like Little Debbie oatmeal creme pies and fudge rounds.

It's me, I'm the fat American. :smithicide:

It's ok, we all do, they're everyone's shameful :btroll: secret

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's okay, Zingers are my secret shame.

Also Snowballs used to be but every time I go for my semi-annual one when they actually show up in the shops around here they're horribly dry and terrible. Not at all like I remember them being. :smith:

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I'd consider blowing someone for a box of Hostess Ding-Dongs.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's okay, Zingers are my secret shame.

Also Snowballs used to be but every time I go for my semi-annual one when they actually show up in the shops around here they're horribly dry and terrible. Not at all like I remember them being. :smith:

You can usually find fresh to death ones at a Butternut Store (or something similar). The one that used to be near me (now closed, sadly) got deliveries straight from the factory sometimes multiple times a day. The only thing better would be eating them straight off the product line at the factory, but that might get you arrested.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mds2 posted:

I'd consider blowing someone for a box of Hostess Ding-Dongs.

You don't say? :grin:

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

I've heard this a lot, but I've yet to ever meet anybody who's actually offended by that.

I once ordered a sliced roast beef/au ju type sandwich and a nicer restaurant (like a step up from a chain, but not 'this place has a dress code'), and the center was cold. I asked the waiter about it, and for real, the chef left the kitchen to explain to me why the sandwich had to be that way, and that the meat was much more tender. He then proceeded to do the whole "But if you're sure about it, we can cook it more" in a lovely tone. I got it back, the meat super well done. It was one of the most awkward and uncomfortable experiences I've had. Call me an idiot in the kitchen, but don't come out and tell me why I'm wrong.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Sanguinary Novel posted:

I once ordered a sliced roast beef/au ju type sandwich and a nicer restaurant (like a step up from a chain, but not 'this place has a dress code'), and the center was cold. I asked the waiter about it, and for real, the chef left the kitchen to explain to me why the sandwich had to be that way, and that the meat was much more tender. He then proceeded to do the whole "But if you're sure about it, we can cook it more" in a lovely tone. I got it back, the meat super well done. It was one of the most awkward and uncomfortable experiences I've had. Call me an idiot in the kitchen, but don't come out and tell me why I'm wrong.

So they served your food the way it's supposed to be, explained to you why it has to be that way when you asked, and then re-did it the way you wanted it, and this is a cause for complaint.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

hey, hillbilly

you dip the sammy in the hot au jus

it's really good

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Waci posted:

So they served your food the way it's supposed to be, explained to you why it has to be that way when you asked, and then re-did it the way you wanted it, and this is a cause for complaint.

If you run a business where you serve food, then your job is to serve it the way your customers want it. If you get all lovely with them and then gently caress it up on purpose when they don't like what you're doing, you're a dickhead and should get out of that business.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKO8kW-x7QQ

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Gross

http://i.imgur.com/dR3DRtL.gifv

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would, then get the diabeetus.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You get that by being in the same room with it. Don't even want to know what you get if you would.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
At the chocolate mountains of madness.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mng posted:

At the chocolate mountains of madness.

ia cthulhu fhtagn

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tiggum posted:

If you run a business where you serve food, then your job is to serve it the way your customers want it. If you get all lovely with them and then gently caress it up on purpose when they don't like what you're doing, you're a dickhead and should get out of that business.

no, you're wrong. a chef cooks how they want to within any legal guidelines. Nobody is required to sell you or pcos shithead a well done steak if they dont want to.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BraveUlysses posted:

no, you're wrong. a chef cooks how they want to within any legal guidelines. Nobody is required to sell you or pcos shithead a well done steak if they dont want to.

Haven't posted in days/pages, still triggering you by liking my meat properly cooked.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Waci posted:

I'm saying make fun of me in the kitchen all you want, but the chef doesn't need to come out of the kitchen with the plate and talk down to me and tell me why I'm eating it wrong. Least just have the waiter tell me about it, I might have changed my mind. The chef lecturing me, that's loving weird. I guess no amount of text will convey how uncomfortable his body language was :shrug: The whole point was to say that yes, chefs can be offended by customer's choices.

Anyway, here's some loose and bound "corn"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Sanguinary Novel posted:

I'm saying make fun of me in the kitchen all you want, but the chef doesn't need to come out of the kitchen with the plate and talk down to me and tell me why I'm eating it wrong. Least just have the waiter tell me about it, I might have changed my mind. The chef lecturing me, that's loving weird. I guess no amount of text will convey how uncomfortable his body language was

That's the whole point--it's a deterrent. Next time you dine out and things aren't quite the way you'd like them and you're thinking about maybe sending something back to the kitchen, you'll remember the time you complained and were made a fool of when the poor overworked chef that slaved over your delicious meal had to come all the way out to your table, neglecting other patrons' meals, to ask what was wrong with it. You're supposed to be weirded out when it happens because the intent is to humiliate you so you don't do it again.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, ready in minutes? I thought this was America, I want my churroreos now!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

angerbeet posted:

Wait, ready in minutes? I thought this was America, I want my churroreos now!

It also claims 20 bites. I plan to unhinge my jaw and eat the whole box of churros in one glorious bite.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That's the whole point--it's a deterrent. Next time you dine out and things aren't quite the way you'd like them and you're thinking about maybe sending something back to the kitchen, you'll remember the time you complained and were made a fool of when the poor overworked chef that slaved over your delicious meal had to come all the way out to your table, neglecting other patrons' meals, to ask what was wrong with it. You're supposed to be weirded out when it happens because the intent is to humiliate you so you don't do it again.

He should have just made it right the first time and it wouldn't have come back.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

No sarcasm, but is that really a thing chefs do? It sounds more like a "...and everyone clapped" sort of thing, not a regular practice. I don't eat at super nice restaurants all the time, so maybe it is?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

For gently caress's sake, the guy just wanted to know why his food was cold. Why should he be humiliated for that? Why can't somebody just say, "The middle is supposed to be cold, but if you don't like it, it can be heated up"? Like, if he's being a huge dick about it then sure, shame the guy all you want but there's this ridiculous attitude in this thread that all chefs are completely infallible and that if you don't like what they cooked exactly how they cooked it then you should gently caress off.
I was once served a piece of battered cod that was still cold in the middle. Should I have just eaten it? No, I sent that fucker back to be cooked properly.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Surely nobody thinks that when the chef makes a point of dropping everything to come "make sure the meal is to your liking" when you send a dish back, he or she is doing it out of a sincere desire to make you as happy as possible?

I'm not saying it's not a colossally lovely thing to do--it totally is--but the point is driven home very clearly when you see some loudmouthed redneck bitching about how he ordered his steak "VERY WELL DONE DAG NAMMIT" and the chef stands at his table, oozing contempt, holding a hockey puck that was once a T-bone.

Maybe this is a freedomland thing?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Roro posted:

Why can't somebody just say, "The middle is supposed to be cold, but if you don't like it, it can be heated up"?

I thought it was exactly what happened?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Also it's because of this I can never get meat properly cooked in average American restaurants even if I specifically order my steak blue, expecting it barely medium rare.

I can understand the chef being disappointed that a properly cooked roast beef sandwich was not good enough.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I never sent my food back ever because i thought it was rude, i ordered a burger though once that was utterly just raw as gently caress. not medium nothing just gooey cold and not just the middle it was pretty thoroughly raw. so i felt horrible and sent it back, this fucker sent out an even more raw burger.

sad part is, this was supposed to be a boutique-ish "artesinal" burger place and the burgers were like 16 something so yeah i kind of expect em palatable and not trying to gag down raw hamburger i dont give a gently caress if its 30% ground prime rib its loving raw.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
There is nothing wrong with raw meat :colbert:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Surely nobody thinks that when the chef makes a point of dropping everything to come "make sure the meal is to your liking" when you send a dish back, he or she is doing it out of a sincere desire to make you as happy as possible?

I'm not saying it's not a colossally lovely thing to do--it totally is--but the point is driven home very clearly when you see some loudmouthed redneck bitching about how he ordered his steak "VERY WELL DONE DAG NAMMIT" and the chef stands at his table, oozing contempt, holding a hockey puck that was once a T-bone.

Maybe this is a freedomland thing?

No it's not a freedomland thing, because I don't live in America but I would expect at least the wait-staff to explain why a meal is served the way it is if I have a concern about it. I don't care about having the chef come out and hold my hand gently as they talk me through the cooking process, just have someone say politely why a meal is what it is.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I thought it was exactly what happened?
The chef was a little bitch about it, allegedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

There is nothing wrong with raw meat :colbert:

Nope, gotta start somewhere when you're cooking it to a proper well done.