Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Well let's be honest here, Don Draper and Indiana Jones would look hot in diapers.

Indiana Jones is pretty close to wearing diapers these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what I'm getting from this thread is that Nice Guys make any clothes look terrible and should therefore wear nothing

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You know what's cooler than wearing a fedora to be different from other guys jerks? Wearing a regular ballcap with a local team on it, then you can talk to people about sports and develop social skills! Strangers will talk to you about sports, it's weird.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Okay, now the thread is making me wonder where my Chinese Communist hat is. It's around here somewhere.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Yeah I'd be down to look like this guy.

He could wear anything from any time period and be just fine.

So hot he'd burn his way out of a garbage bag. :allears:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lt. Tanaka posted:

So hot he'd burn his way out of a garbage bag. :allears:

I bet he treats women like crap

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Professor Shark posted:

You know what's cooler than wearing a fedora to be different from other guys jerks? Wearing a regular ballcap with a local team on it, then you can talk to people about sports and develop social skills! Strangers will talk to you about sports, it's weird.

This is what I have to do. Baseball hats with curved brims or else it looks like I'm trying too hard to be out of my age group. No snapbacks. And straight brim New Era caps make my head look huge. I basically have to wear the kind of worn in sports cap that people from south think REAL AMERICANS have to wear.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

Heh, I like to talk condescendingly about people who like sports by saying things like "handegg" and "sportsball" even when I know the real terms and have some familiarity with the rules of the sport.

Let me tell you about how much better the The Walking Dead graphic novels are compared to the TV show

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Black people allowed to get away with fedoras as well. Well...jazz singers at least

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SaltLick posted:

Black people allowed to get away with fedoras as well. Well...jazz singers at least

They also get to wear purple with reckless abandon.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

SaltLick posted:

I was at a music festival and like 4 artists in a row came out wearing fedoras and vests

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Oscar Wild posted:

Jesus christ. Men are the worst.

this is u

https://twitter.com/arthur_affect/status/580823401993912320

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Moridin920 posted:

this seemed relevant:

Someone should kill that guy to put him out of his misery, and me as well.

As well as this man.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

That just reads as 'please gently caress me I'm the reeaaaal nice guy'

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

That guy won a zillion dollars on Jeopardy and pissed off the Jeopardy purist fans by bouncing around the categories looking for Daily Doubles.

What is a nerd?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

That is the apex form of the nice guy. So nice he'll actually kill himself for your love.

Unrelated but I can't loving stand John Oliver and I'm glad he's optional in my life.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

heh *rolls eyes 50 times* SPOORTSBALL!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

SciFiDownBeat posted:

heh *rolls eyes 50 times* SPOORTSBALL!

i've only ever heard girls say this IRL

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I 100% believe any nerd can be turned into a sports fan. You just need to know enough cool stories about the players to make them feel like characters, and then have your friend around during a high emotion winning game where there's a huge feeling of comraderie between everyone who watched it.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Varg posted:

I think it's because they all have terribly unflattering haircuts and instead of getting a better haircut they try to hide it under something even more stupid, it's simple nice guy logic

this is exactly why I have a trucker cap on my head right now. I like it because it says "I am an idiot with no fashion sense, gently caress you" without projecting nice-guy pussy-thirst. I don't need a hat for that

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Grand Prize Winner posted:

this is exactly why I have a trucker cap on my head right now. I like it because it says "I am an idiot with no fashion sense, gently caress you"

I'm surprised all that fits on a trucker cap

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
women and men are bad at interacting with each other

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i am very sad and onely and wish a (cute) women would touch or pay atettntion to me. thank u 4 listening. continue on

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

As soon as i realize a chick's into me i start trying to figure out what's wrong with her. Usually I find compelling reasons to stay away. 28 years old, three relationships, none of them lasting more than 3 months. Yeehaw

RobattoJesus posted:

I'm surprised all that fits on a trucker cap

you're right, it is a little crowded. still legible at 10' tho.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

as a male sometimes I wish I could meet these people irl so I could inflict the physical violence on them that they so desperately need but I can't seem to spot them in the wild very well

"good guy would agree with me that if you are a bitch you deserve abuse" what the gently caress lol

ithikn hurting people physically is bad

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

CubanMissile posted:

This is what I have to do. Baseball hats with curved brims or else it looks like I'm trying too hard to be out of my age group. No snapbacks. And straight brim New Era caps make my head look huge. I basically have to wear the kind of worn in sports cap that people from south think REAL AMERICANS have to wear.

Wearing a baseball hat and drinking White Trash beer makes feel like one of the people

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

also i wnat to kill mself

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Profondo Rosso posted:

It's also pretty ironic seeing as one of the go-to Nice Guy lines is always "I would beat the poo poo out of anyone who threatened/insulted m'fair lady"

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I don't care what you beta fucks say no one can stop me from bringing back the powdered wig

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Profondo Rosso posted:

Unless they ask for it like in 50 shades of grey or whatever the moms are jerking off to nowadays

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:fedora: M'dames :fedora:
:wink:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

It's also pretty ironic seeing as one of the go-to Nice Guy lines is always "I would beat the poo poo out of anyone who threatened/insulted m'fair lady"

im not a nice guy infact i am a rpetty terrible humn being that trats everyone badly including people i hosed/want 2 gently caress

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Should I be ashamed for immediately recognizing exactly what this is?

Same and I am ashamed of most things most of the time

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Wearing a baseball hat and drinking White Trash beer makes feel like one of the people

lmao lil bitch like a real time like the sox

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Profondo Rosso posted:

lmao lil bitch like a real time like the sox

How many trains can you take to see a Red Sox game?

See! Now I'm talking to someone! :)

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Los Doyers make the socks look like poo poo

and considering how poo poo Los Doyers are..........

........................................................ that means the red socks aren't very good

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

^
im not even a hardcore sports fan but the chance ur team has won more world series then the sox in recent years is aprox nil

Professor Shark posted:

1 train because i live by a real life city of boston :smuggo:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Male banter!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjC38Z4T6zc

you dumb nerds need to learn some sports and enjoy it because it is cool and good (also gay watching hot men sweat and touch each other)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"As a man, it's hard not to kill all the other men who are mean to m'lady"

Want to bash that jeopardy nerd

• Locked thread