Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

It's Haynes dream!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Regarding the Julian O'Neil-Craig Gower trophy awarded for outstanding achievement in off-field disgraces (colloquially known as Schlossy's Shoe) for 2016, Mitchell Pearce is way out in front.

Also goddamn I hate golden point, especially when my team loses all of them forever

Gobbledock
Jul 10, 2005
Corey Norman has to be close just through sheer volume of gently caress-ups.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Gobbledock posted:

Corey Norman has to be close just through sheer volume of gently caress-ups.

He's got my vote. Sex tape, drug conviction and salary cap rort is a solid trifecta, that puts him ahead of attempted bestiality.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Smorgasbord posted:

Also goddamn I hate golden point, especially when my team loses all of them forever

Ditto. gently caress Golden Point forever.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Well that's the worst decision I've ever seen in the history of this game

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Shetlands

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

7 out of 9 lost

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

Well that's the worst decision I've ever seen in the history of this game

I didn't see the game, what happened?

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

fair try deemed "no try" by the bunker.
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/7/audio-bill-harrigan-and-michael-ennis-savage-bunker/

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, that's a bit wtf

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Foran is released from his contract.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 29, 2016

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

It was called a double movement when he literally just rolled over and reached out and put the ball down after he was already over the line. Archer gave some garbage explanation about him pushing with his legs in the tackle. Was sent up as a try by the ref as well, pretty disgusting.

Wouldn't have mattered a lick to the end result of course because the Broncos were atrocious on Thursday (and have been for weeks) but it was still pretty sad. Corey Parker was on tilt for the rest of the game he was so put out

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
It was extra dumb because even if there was a discernible halt in momentum at live speed (there wasn't), the continuation came from the defender's attempts to hold him up which actually dragged him over the line.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Am I nuts in thinking that the "Rat" incident at the broncos has had a pretty big effect on the time? I can't think of much else outside of the Bennett "blame origin" thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Am I nuts in thinking that the "Rat" incident at the broncos has had a pretty big effect on the time? I can't think of much else outside of the Bennett "blame origin" thing.

Apparently so, I can't think of any obvious reasons asides from that to explain the collapse.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
That was fairly stupid from Cartwright, not complaining though.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The Warriors do like Golden Point.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

That no call with 3 Penrith 'markers' swarming over the play of the ball and dummy half under the posts to prevent a drop goal was so loving cowardly from the refs.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

That no call with 3 Penrith 'markers' swarming over the play of the ball and dummy half under the posts to prevent a drop goal was so loving cowardly from the refs.

One day we will have a Ref who will do a proper job. One day.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Who knows, maybe they'll even adjudicate an NRL game.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I'm glad that we won, but I hope that McFadden gets shitcanned at the end of the season. His stubborn insistence that we have a back on the bench almost cost us again. Ayshford didn't even get to take his jacket off and we would have been better off with a fourth forward tonight.

Smorgasbord posted:

That was a loving joke.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Well the Tigers did their best to poo poo the bed, but then remembered it is a simple game.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Given the number of dodgy calls that went the Tigers way... is this what it feels like to support Melbourne?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Gorbash posted:

Given the number of dodgy calls that went the Tigers way... is this what it feels like to support Melbourne?

Dunno, you could hardly call the Tigers getting the rub of the green consistent. Must be a blue moon.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Am I having a stroke or are the Cowboys wearing the storms jersey?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

Am I having a stroke or are the Cowboys wearing the storms jersey?

I only started watching on my phone with twenty to go and got massively confused by that.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Counting down the minutes.....

Thanks to everyone in the thread for the support - I don't think I could have made it through this far without the jokes :D! The Tigers and Blues being pretty successful this month has certainly made it easier, too.

If anyone is still interested in helping out, please give any amount you can afford using the link below. It all goes to help out people affected by cancer, and anything you can spare is awesome.

Again, thanks everyone! I'll be toasting you all at 00:00:01 tonight!

https://www.dryjuly.com/users/peter-thorburn

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh noes the raiders are playing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Keary off injured and Reynolds hobbling around and can't run. Can't see the bunnies doing too well today.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

gently caress me, what a try off the chip and chase for the raiders

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

This is getting embarassing. I'm sure Souths are really happy about all the players they had to cut loose to bring Sam Burgess back.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Beautiful kick from Leilua there for Rapana.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jono C posted:

This is getting embarassing. I'm sure Souths are really happy about all the players they had to cut loose to bring Sam Burgess back.

I've seen some dumb things in my days of supporting the raiders but cutting 5 players to sign Burgess is right up there on the dumbness scale.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

This is a hilarious car crash for the bunnies. Lol burgess

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

We are pretenders but we are the best pretender in the comp.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I never realised how much I missed Graeme Hughes on commentary.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Jono C posted:

Top shelf. Would fit in on foxsports without issue.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Agreed. Im getting flashbacks to the 80's here.

Urge to drink KB rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Well this blowout is helping our finals hopes but man are Knights a sorry sight

• Locked thread