Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the poo poo the backers spew reminds me of all the indoctrination that the Army gave me so I just kinda figured I'd try to relate them

the 7 core values of being a backer

Loyalty - until death
Duty - to shill and defend
Respect - you must respect Chris's vision
Selfless Service - You must be willing to sacrifice all in service of the dream
Honor - you must honor your crowdfunding committment
Integrity - well actually maybe not this one
Personal Courage - be brave and have the fortitude to stand up against DERFK FART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Pgabz, please use this in a future video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSiyA1cLTWQ

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

alphabettitouretti posted:

Gmail has an undo send option. It works for everything. I presume it is a fairly simple implementation which just waits a few seconds before sending to give you time to back out.

That's Gmail specific and works exactly as you described it. Gmail waits for couple of seconds (can be configured, ask :pgabz: regarding how to gently caress with config stuff).

Typical mail servers are not that forgiving :) (luckily)

E:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Xaerael posted:

Pgabz, please use this in a future video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSiyA1cLTWQ

So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Wesha comparing Christ Roberts to Hitler:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
if anyone wants to see a orchestral price breakdown in the eu here you go:

http://dynamedion.com/orchestra/?utm_source=CleverReach&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OORS_2013_OFF&utm_content=Mailing_6102399

These guys will book out a day (8 hours) and then you can buy time as needed. little jingles or full "tracks" whatever. Notice the costs:

And this is on the cheap but in the eu...

3949.99€ per hour. And thats smart money. Because you arent buying the 8 hour block. Now this guys experimental "track" is gonna be what 5 to 8 minutes long? That can be done in 60 - 96 minutes per these professionals.

This biz is actually smart as gently caress. If solar pleb gets going good we should start a kickstarter to get a 3 minute real orchestra main theme :) Total cost 2370€

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Wesha's fuckin' weird.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

You only get put on "the list" if you're a leaver.

Want to know the sweetner? According to UK data protection law, you're not allowed to keep personal data for longer than necessary to do your job, so depending on the context of this database the very act of putting people on it might actually be illegal in itself.

UK data Protection laws are laughable and getting worse. One of the largest PIDs is the Envision database, and the NHS got caught passing over patient data to a company that did a pinky swear to delete it, but published it instead.

Envision wasn't even part of the DPA at the point where I was still bugging Teresa May about it. That's the huge database of license fee payers that they use to figure out if anyone's not paid - TV sales and rentals in the UK _require_ reporting to Envision.

You'd have to be extremely egregious to see a DPA prosecution.

This is typical - https://ico.org.uk/media/action-weve-taken/undertakings/1624262/lch-undertaking-follow-up.pdf

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Uh... Wesha knows how Hitler's story ends, right?

Cause... it's not with him saving PC gaming

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

If you're sat there with toothache that you know you can get fixed for $500 and you have $600 in Star Citizen you better suck it and honor your gaming promises imo

agreed, it's a matter of pride and manhood imo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jason Sextro posted:

agreed, it's a matter of pride and manhood imo

Are you a bad enough dude to pre order some home entertainment?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Goobs posted:

LOL the responses to that guys post are just insane. I can't even read all of them it's so cringey.

/r/subredditdrama

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

flyboi posted:

That's not how compliance works. Basically PCI compliance is about what data you retain from the tracks on a magstripe swipe or the data retained from a form entered on your website with CC details.

Just wanted to point out that there is a networking and host component to PCI compliance that they test irregularly unless you get a breach, then they stare at you for a loooong time. And they keep shifting the needle on the level of encryption required.

We have a PCI hive, and it's not-quite-but-almost airgapped from the rest of the network and watched like a hawk.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

we truly live in a post-factual society when giving someone money for a product and not holding them to any sort of delivery date or milestone is considered "being a man" and not "being a spineless chump"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AbsoluteLlama posted:

They didn't even want refunds. Just needed to get the $50k they spent on jpegs to stay alive!

I feel bad for the poor souls at CIG having to force refunds on people.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

when i die from an easily treatable condition, i want my tombstone to read "but he never broke his promise about a spaceship video game"

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Propagandist posted:

Someone shop Derek's face into the pendulum, then it will be :perfect:

+42

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

they're getting rid of excess baggage and i'm glad of it

never wanted those pledges anyway

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Hitler didn't like pikeys either.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I gave someone money to buy a drink, as they vanished over the horizon I stood firm. A single tear in my eye. As I stood there waiting, by day 2 I was resolute and safe in the knowledge that no matter the outcome I had manned the gently caress up and honored my word.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

I gave someone money to buy a drink, as they vanished over the horizon I stood firm. A single tear in my eye. As I stood there waiting, by day 2 I was resolute and safe in the knowledge that no matter the outcome I had manned the gently caress up and honored my word.
Wait, are you saying Chris Roberts is that oval office who always manages to time his round for when the bell goes?

"Oops sorry lads, I'll get them in make your game tomorrow!

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I hope when CIG collapses and Star Citizen doesn't come out people remember to contact Don_Danger_Johnson and ask him what it means when you sign an agreement with a company that they'll make a game with your money and then they don't stick to it through legal means.

I legit have a list of people to contact once this goes belly up to basically Nelson Muntz laugh at them. I will add this one.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

I bet Wesha's the type who thought Hitler Rants vids were originally about him being right lol.

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend
The idea of sandi being paid more than an oscar nominated actor with dozens of films to his credit easily puts this whole thing into "scam intended for personal benefit" territory.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

So in the last hour or so, one of my long term and valued customers has had to cancel an order for a load of excavating and safety equipment totalling around £80k due to financial issues, but they stated that they would like mayhaps to reorder it later down the line when they are in a better position to.

Should I do as the Redditors say and immediately block their ip, and blacklist them from using my company denying them future service? Or should I do the smart business thing and not do that?

poo poo man, I don't know what to do :cripes:

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Unrelated, but why is the downvote button on the star citizen reddit a flaccid penis?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

So in the last hour or so, one of my long term and valued customers has had to cancel an order for a load of excavating and safety equipment totalling around £80k due to financial issues, but they stated that they would like mayhaps to reorder it later down the line when they are in a better position to.

Should I do as the Redditors say and immediately block their ip, and blacklist them from using my company denying them future service? Or should I do the smart business thing and not do that?

Take them to space court and make them honor their promises

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

Hitler gave us stylistically distinctive enemies no one needs to feel bad about murderering en masse, so I'd say he did more for PC gaming than crobbers

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

LGD posted:

Hitler gave us stylistically distinctive enemies no one needs to feel bad about murderering en masse, so I'd say he did more for PC gaming than crobbers

Hitler invented Team Fortress 2

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Take them to space court and make them honor their promises

Agreed, they need to man up and be honourablu :D

e; What I actually did was say "No problem" then immediately got their deposit refunded and asked them to let me know if there was anything my company could do to assist in getting their operations back on track. :)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 28, 2016

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sabreseven posted:

tell them that you've been designing the BDCEE (best drat construction equipment ever) over the last four years and this refund will hamper their ability to buy into it when it's done at some non-defined point in the future.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Raymn posted:

Unrelated, but why is the downvote button on the star citizen reddit a flaccid penis?

Actually extremely related.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

Without Hitler we wouldn't have all those great WW2 games. Hitler has done far more for pc gaming than Chris Roberts ever did.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Jason Sextro posted:

tell them that you've been designing the BDCEE (best drat construction equipment ever) over the last four years and this refund will hamper their ability to buy into it when it's done at some non-defined point in the future.

:golfclap:

Perfect :D

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Man, the amount of Citizens that have bought into the pledge for development and receive a ship as a goodwill gesture...
It's not A -> C,
It's A -> B -> C.
Never mind that they are functionally identical. Relying on the good old magic words to absolve them from legal liability.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tokamak posted:

Man, the amount of Citizens that have bought into the pledge for development and receive a ship as a goodwill gesture...
It's not A -> C,
It's A -> B -> C.
Never mind that they are functionally identical. Relying on the good old magic words to absolve them from legal liability.

They have this amazing ability to be drip fed bullshit, sit on it for a few hours, then preach it as gospel verbatim. Whether it's pipelines, grids, refactoring - loving whatever they do it everytime.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

They have this amazing ability to be drip fed bullshit, sit on it for a few hours, then preach it as gospel verbatim. Whether it's pipelines, grids, refactoring - loving whatever they do it everytime.

Not a cult.
e: :argh:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POk-uOQSJVk

I wonder how much she was in for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sabreseven posted:

Agreed, they need to man up and be honourablu :D

e; What I actually did was say "No problem" then immediately got their deposit refunded and asked them to let me know if there was anything my company could do to assist in getting their operations back on track. :)

You obviously know nothing on how to handle customer relations.

• Locked thread