Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i voted for svc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

That doesn't even make sense

Also I voted for SvC Chaos

bruh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

That doesn't even make sense

Also I voted for SvC Chaos

This was on ranking of fighters this week. Giantbomb arent good at playing it but i was amazed how close to time out they got in every round. Is damage really low or something in this game?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Garou is at least still dumb fun to play if nobody knows how to play Kevin. I will agree that everyone who picked Alpha 3 is loving garbage when A2 is on the list.

Also 9th-ing SVC Chaos.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Commissar Ken posted:

Garou is at least still dumb fun to play if nobody knows how to play Kevin. I will agree that everyone who picked Alpha 3 is loving garbage when A2 is on the list.

Also 9th-ing SVC Chaos.

a2 emulation on FBA is really awful...

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
as far as a weekly 98 tournament goes I'm all down for that. I'm also down for another tourn ran by PRE

I really want to play puzzle fighter and endorph ignored my PM or hasnt seen it yet so if anyone wants to fight me in puzzle fighter please PM me!

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

In Training posted:

Why's it bad. I like the sprites and the music but I've barely played it ever

kevin breaks the game with feint cancels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWQx2JiJruM&t=41s

grant is loving braindead and crushes bad players

kain is stupidly oppressive if anyone knows how to play him

the just defend system is really wonky

much like 3s as you get good at the game it gets worse and worse unless you for some reason just love all the dumb poo poo that comes along with it
except it starts getting worse much faster than 3s

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Oh lol that's terrible

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Zand posted:

a2 emulation on FBA is really awful...

Really? I hadn't hosed around with it on fight cade, what's busted in particular?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

AnonSpore posted:

Is it okay to enjoy 3S if you acknowledge it's not a good game

ur not a good game >:(

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Commissar Ken posted:

Really? I hadn't hosed around with it on fight cade, what's busted in particular?

Theres funky stuff like Ken's fireball being invisible, but mostly it just feels like total poo poo. Its hard to actually explain it and you wouldn't know the difference if you never played arcade. Once you do play arcade and feel it out fightcade a2 is just depressing.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

has there ever been a good fighting game

Breakers Revenge.

Which just so happens to be winning in the tourney poll :smug:

(I voted for VSav :sigh:)

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun
Does anyone play KI and if so why is it bad (gameplay wise)?

I know so little about the game and its so ugly that I don't like watching it either.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Made a poll for the next tournament.

Rules:

- You can vote for more than one game at once.
- You can enter and vote for a title in the "other" category if it isn't present.
- A few days before the next tournament, I will be making another multiple choice poll of the top five games.

Your poll got hosed on and both Breakers Revenge and Alpha 3 would be disastrous. Does the poll thing bad metaphors used prevent multiple votes?

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

ZWZ posted:

I know so little about the game and its so ugly that I don't like watching it either.

Killer Instinct is actually really good, its just Killer Instinct so if you don't like breakers and its combo system you're gonna drop it pretty quick. Its also super newbie friendly with great tutorials going over all the crazy systems and combo assist for people with dumb hands. The characters are really varied and can all do unique bullshit. Its also free to play on windows 10, so just pick it up and fart around with Jago and see if it feels cool.

I wish I actually enjoyed some of the KI mechanics more because its super well polished and has a decent number of players.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

interrodactyl posted:

Garou is really dumb if you're any good at the game but all goons are trash at it so it doesn't matter

Basically anyone who tells you garou is good is bad at fighting games

Actually Garou is good because Terry is very handsome as Wild Wolf and B. "Perfect" Jenet is in it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Ixiggle posted:

Theres funky stuff like Ken's fireball being invisible, but mostly it just feels like total poo poo. Its hard to actually explain it and you wouldn't know the difference if you never played arcade. Once you do play arcade and feel it out fightcade a2 is just depressing.

Weird frame visibility poo poo huh? drat. And yeah around here (Phoenix area) Alpha 2 was the game of choice in arcades till the MvC2 cabinets came and then everyone switched and then arcades promptly died. I'll never forget you pizza parlor that had two 4-slot neo geo machines.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

ZWZ posted:

KI is good but you are correct it is ugly. For that and many other reasons I have no interest in playing it personally. Same as MKX basically.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
ive heard breakers is a pretty good beginners game. i cant comment myself of course, ive never played it since i am a normal person

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played two rounds of it in arcade mode at a arcade near me recently but I only remember the intro and nothing about the game

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Rent-a-Bot posted:

Also booyah I added on steam I'm casual wizard. Add me here for anyone that wants to play me in random fightcade games. In michigan so I'm running on east coast time. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033586684

I added you, and I've added Booyah and one other guy who's name escapes me at the moment. If any of you guys wanna play with an absolute bottom-tier scrub, hit me up. I have pretty much every fighting game available on Steam outside of some recent releases and Arcana Heart 3. At some point I'll spend sometime getting Fightcade up and running, but for now, here's my steam account:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fanaticalmilk/

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I always wonder which game people on here hate more. Street Fighter III: Third Strike or Street Fighter V?

FanaticalMilk posted:

I have pretty much every fighting game available on Steam outside of some recent releases and Arcana Heart 3.:

Play me in Skullgirls.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 28, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

third strike is weird fun and busted but really not a street fighter game and sfv is just garbage

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

anothergod posted:

In case any of you guys are looking for a stick woot's got the older more PC compatible 360 Atrox up for $80: http://www.woot.com/offers/razer-atrox-arcadestick-for-xbox-360-362?ref=w_cnt_wp_0_8

That is a stupidly good price for a full sized stick, and if you like the features of the Madcatz te2, the Atrox did it all first.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
3S has issues but at least it actually looks and sounds good and no 8 frame input lag.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

punk rebel ecks posted:

I always wonder which game people on here hate more. Street Fighter III: Third Strike or Street Fighter V?

I like 3s because none of my friends play chun li. e:Though, the first time I did a parry option select command grab on someone's wake up I realized things aren't quite right.

I dislike SFV because of how it's been handled as a whole, 8f, and other small details. I pretend to hate it but I'm honestly waiting for it all to come together because I think it's on the precipice of being really good.

UNIEL is mostly good though.

Serenade fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 28, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anybody got a video of highlevel 3s play that shows how broken it is?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

most of the games actual "broken" isn't visible, because everyone is constantly doing parry option selects before and after everything they do, and you don't actually see anything unless they actually parry, at which point they just look good and/or psychic

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Blah blah Chun Li's boot stamping on your face, forever.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Play me in Skullgirls.

Thanks dude, I added you. I know absolutely nothing about Skullgirls other than it's Mike Z's Marvel lovechild. I'll be on Steam later tonight, so just message me if you see me online later, or any time for that matter.

Edit: With regards to your first question, SFV by far. There isn't an entire thread dedicated to making GBS threads on Third Strike.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
No windjammers option in the poll after cancelling the windjammers tournament in favor of 98 last week smgdh

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

FanaticalMilk posted:

There isn't an entire thread dedicated to making GBS threads on Third Strike.

You're posting in it right now

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

That is a stupidly good price for a full sized stick, and if you like the features of the Madcatz te2, the Atrox did it all first.

So.. I did some math, and the cost of the sanwa components alone pretty much made this a good buy. So... the only unit they had left is mine, now.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

NecroMonster posted:

most of the games actual "broken" isn't visible, because everyone is constantly doing parry option selects before and after everything they do, and you don't actually see anything unless they actually parry, at which point they just look good and/or psychic

where's brian to give his valiant defense of 3s high level play being deep and interesting and fun

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Anime fighters on PC, Not A Good Idea: http://steamspy.com/app/452510

167 concurrent players, oh Lord. Even known bad game SFV peaks near 2k daily.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have a name that actually means something.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Double Bill posted:

anime boys got jobs, dont have time to play video games on a wednesday

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Double Bill posted:

that's like a 1000% bost to pre-steam numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have a name that actually means something.

under night: the fights are all at night

in-birth: there's a lot of weird monsters being born at night

grats i figured it out