Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nah, Sandi has that covered.

god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Plural Abysss posted:

One-thousand two-hundred fifty-five pages in the script

:toot:

So the movie game will be 21 hours long, then. Excellent. Everyone wins.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

wow, I tried firing up WC 1 and holy poo poo that probably one of the worst aging games I've ever played.

That's why you should play WC2 instead — it's the best in the series. No, that is not saying much. :D

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
lol its 20 minutes now?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I like that their supposedly amazing check out the alpha now!!! footage is a guy standing in the back of a moving ship while NOT MOVING AT ALL, not even moving their mouse cursor likely because any move could mean he falls through the floor of the ship.

The one thing I will give Star Citizen is that the scope of that sniper rifle looks pretty cool. I love real time stuff like that

edit: nevermind, thats a Crysis thing.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 28, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Plural Abysss posted:

One-thousand two-hundred fifty-five pages in the script

:toot:

I heard that they watch a full show of Macbeth during downtime on the ship, hence the script bloat.
Without it, its 3 pages long.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

wow, I tried firing up WC 1 and holy poo poo that probably one of the worst aging games I've ever played.

I thought it might be funny to do a first timer lets play of some of the series and talk mad poo poo, then I watched a video of what it was :stonklol:

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
2:55. Like I know hes going for the bedroom hair look but holy gently caress he missed what can actually make that look good. And once you are 30 plus you arent supposed to do that anymore.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Star Citizen: "What does it run on? Hamsters?"

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Palisader posted:

I genuinely wonder how many of these "loyal forever" guys are also still mad at mom and dad for not believing in them enough to continue paying for their upkeep while they limp through college one class per semester at a time. "If you support someone, you support them until the end" is a thing you say when you've been the one to gently caress over other people and don't want to admit it.

Only thing they actually believe is how smart they are for investing in star citizen. Everything else is just lieing to themselves and others to prop up that stupid delusion.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quote off a random website...

quote:

This week's AtV with Special Guest Chris Roberts.

He said they're going to start showing more development content straight from the engineer's desks as it's more fleshed out.. so they are more willing to show stuff in action.

2.5 on PTU in about a week, hopefully live in 2 weeks.

THEY SHOW ATMOSPHERIC FLIGHT!!!!!! And talk all about how it works. yuusssssss As you get closer to the surface the atmosphere becomes more dense which will affect your flight. So the way your ship handles will depend on the ship (starfarer will be nasty to fly in atmosphere) as well as the atmosphere itself.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

cocaine dad show posted:

Did anything good happen - last I read they were hiring les Dennis for sq42 and then there was a good article and a fluff piece in a German mag and shitizens were soiling themselves over some still shots.

BromanderData posted his refund emails, wherein CIG accidentally copied him in on internal communications and revealed they are apparently experiencing a significant number of refund requests, that they are concerned about complaints to consumer rights agencies (that ironclad TOS lol) and filthy leavers get recorded in a database.

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

I'm tempted to send a screenshot of the original TOS

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

SurfaceDetail posted:

lol its 20 minutes now?

I'm just impressed by the amount of actual in-game footage they showed off. It's great to see it all actually working in a live environment and not just more in editor, tech demo crap.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
cool, i just skipped around I didnt notice.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'm just impressed by the amount of actual in-game footage they showed off. It's great to see it all actually working in a live environment and not just more in editor, tech demo crap.

source your quotes

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
going to try strike commander next. Like the one dude I played a lot of Falcon 3.0 back in the day, and remembering thinking this poo poo was garbage after that, but we'll see. Maybe I'll try WC II.

I bought WC1-2 and SC years ago on some GOG sale before I ever even started reading this thread so no worries, it was disposable income then, disposable time now.

Would Roberts still get royalties from this stuff or what? I'm not sure how PC stuff like that works.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The only married news team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlHWb6U2s2U

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

going to try strike commander next. Like the one dude I played a lot of Falcon 3.0 back in the day, and remembering thinking this poo poo was garbage after that, but we'll see. Maybe I'll try WC II.

I bought WC1-2 and SC years ago on some GOG sale before I ever even started reading this thread so no worries, it was disposable income then, disposable time now.

Would Roberts still get royalties from this stuff or what? I'm not sure how PC stuff like that works.

With a bit of luck, the money goes to Richard Garriott.

This may indeed be a very different and confusion definition of “luck” that you have never encountered before, but there you go.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
And the atmospheric flight stuff, woweee! A lesser developer might have just hooked up the drag coefficient to a variable and had it increase as you get nearer the ground but they're simulating the actual airflow over the ship geometry. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Time to post screenshots of their roadmaps.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Wrecked Angle posted:

And the atmospheric flight stuff, woweee! A lesser developer might have just hooked up the drag coefficient to a variable and had it increase as you get nearer the ground but they're simulating the actual airflow over the ship geometry.
Oh, like KSP does?

Another world's first for Chris Roberts!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Wrecked Angle posted:

And the atmospheric flight stuff, woweee! A lesser developer might have just hooked up the drag coefficient to a variable and had it increase as you get nearer the ground but they're simulating the actual airflow over the ship geometry. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

Have they called it unprecedented and unique yet?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Thank god they put the little schmutz particles from space in all of the atmospheres. Really gets me immersed as someone who has never been on a plane or seen video of anyone on a plane.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Tippis posted:

With a bit of luck, the money goes to Richard Garriott.

This may indeed be a very different and confusion definition of “luck” that you have never encountered before, but there you go.

I have considerably less ill will towards Garriot.

Someone post the transcript where Garriot tries to explain Zero G to Roberts and he simply can't comprehend it.

found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Even if they got pg planets and atmospheric flight working, it's not gonna change the fact that the game is anti fun. Ships feel like poo poo, the fps is bland and missions are so far the worst generic lazy garbage. Then there are all the hilarious game breaking bugs. Crobber could simulate the entire galaxy precisely but unless they can get the very basics right it's all for nothing.

Anyone remember rise of the robots. That poo poo looked loving slick back in the day, it was almost unbelievable. But then you played it and there were just a few moves and the robots couldn't jump over opponents.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Someone post the transcript where Garriot tries to explain Zero G to Roberts and he simply can't comprehend it.

found it

I'm shocked and amazed. Or… wait, I think I might mean the exact opposite. Either way, I'm highly amused.

Also the quote towards the end just sums up everything “We haven't got the code yet, but we've got Richard!”

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

radd posted:

Time to post screenshots of their roadmaps.

https://twitter.com/SirWreckedAngle/status/758793669767946240

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

How many staff left have been there since the start?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

alphabettitouretti posted:

Even if they got pg planets and atmospheric flight working, it's not gonna change the fact that the game is anti fun. Ships feel like poo poo, the fps is bland and missions are so far the worst generic lazy garbage. Then there are all the hilarious game breaking bugs. Crobber could simulate the entire galaxy precisely but unless they can get the very basics right it's all for nothing.

Anyone remember rise of the robots. That poo poo looked loving slick back in the day, it was almost unbelievable. But then you played it and there were just a few moves and the robots couldn't jump over opponents.

if they release atmosphere, theyre going to make flying even worse

actually whats happening is probably nothing but atmosphere dropping fps by 40-50 and theyre calling that a feature

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

found it

The birth of the nipple jets.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm the married couple sitting next to each other on a TV show, one wearing a wedding band, one not.

Hilarious. She's got an escape plan alright.

(Check out ATV, Sandi is seriously not wearing her wedding band next to Chris who is)

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 28, 2016

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Everyone post your favorite Major Tom moments :pgabz:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Crobblers posted:

Our goal is to get the Stanton system fleshed out to the fidelity that we want in Star Citizen for playing the game the way we imagined it at the amount of like insane detail you can go from … basically it's that "Pupil to Planet" detail where you can get right down there and you can walking around on this huge planet and the detail on the ground is like something you've never … I promise you it's something you have not seen on a proper fully procedural planet that's fully three … like a proper sphere. Like you'll see the planet, you'll keep going, it's all completely seamless you get down, you get right down, you get down, you see the little rocks on the … on the ground. And I haven't seen anyone else been able to do that. So we are going to do that

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 28, 2016

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Too good not to do for real. Archered!

https://twitter.com/SirWreckedAngle/status/758795975494361088

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

found it

It's worth emphasising at this point that the guy who is asking for gravity to be explained to him, the one on the left with the wavy hands and absolutely no idea about zero G, has been given $117 million so far to make a game set in space

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65weTx0haog

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

I also love how they talk at length about the modelling of surfaces and how it affects the flight characteristics in atmo. How will that work with ships that have the aerodynamic characteristics of a frying pan? Or of a vacuum cleaner? Or a shovel? Or a wingback chair? Or… I suppose that roughly covers it.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

• Locked thread