Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the jimshank bobdemption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
He who Jims, Bobs not lightly.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Do you hear that? That eerie stillness? We're moving into the Jim of the Bob.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
My Bob, it's full of Jims!

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
You know, we always called each other Jim Bob. Like you said to, uh, somebody, "You're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a Jim Bob. He's one of us." You understand? We were Jim Bobs. Quiverfulls. But Jimmy and I could never be pure because we had gay blood. It didn't even matter that my mother was hetero. To become a member of a TLC show you've got to be one hundred per cent incestuous so they can trace all your relatives back to the old country. See, it's the highest honor they can give you. It means you belong to a family and crew. It means that nobody can gently caress around with you except your male family members. It also means you could gently caress around with anybody just as long as they are also a family member. It's like a license to steal. It's a license to do anything. As far as Jim Bob was concerned with Josh being caught, it was like we were all being caught. We would now have to eat one of our own.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

happyhippy posted:

Welcome to the wacky world of religon my friend.
You can rape and kill all your life, but hey, if you repent just before they kill you in the chair you get to goto HEAVEN!

Amen to that.

Ooohhh, what am I saying?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Purity Pledges

For Fathers

For Virgins

For Secondary Virgins (those who have engaged in promiscuous behavior) and wish to recommit themselves to lives of purity)

And gifts are given

have I got a TV pitch for TLC!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

red19fire posted:

Can't believe they haven't done a rumspringa show where they put them all in a sex house-style setup or something.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

red19fire posted:

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Jack Gladney posted:

Can't believe they haven't done a rumspringa show where they put them all in a sex house-style setup or something.

sex house

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL622682EF88B3C077

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

sex house

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Heavy is the Jim that wears the Bob.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

With regards to words making virginity just be a thing again, the same thing happens with religion and purgatory, I believe. A bunch of poo poo has changed with that, and I think it's all because people at the Vatican say it's different.

You can poo poo on religion all you want, but I feel one of the most damning pieces of evidence against it all is this kind of thing. Some guy says that limbo is no longer like this, and is now like THIS. Yeah, ok.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

With regards to words making virginity just be a thing again, the same thing happens with religion and purgatory, I believe. A bunch of poo poo has changed with that, and I think it's all because people at the Vatican say it's different.

You can poo poo on religion all you want, but I feel one of the most damning pieces of evidence against it all is this kind of thing. Some guy says that limbo is no longer like this, and is now like THIS. Yeah, ok.

Eating meat on a Friday was a sin for hundreds of years.
Until it wasn't.

In Hell right now, there are hundreds of poor bastards convicted to eternity of pain and suffering for eating meat on a friday in 1527.
And every friday they watch thousands of fat fucks inhale half a cow who will goto heaven because they donated money to a pastor's learjet.

JIM BOB!

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 24, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Am I the only one who immediately thought of the movie Chinatown when seeing this picture?
Site is down. It appears the pledges were supposed to be a secret.

Amarcarts posted:

You know, we always called each other Jim Bob. Like you said to, uh, somebody, "You're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a Jim Bob. He's one of us." You understand? We were Jim Bobs. Quiverfulls. But Jimmy and I could never be pure because we had gay blood. It didn't even matter that my mother was hetero. To become a member of a TLC show you've got to be one hundred per cent incestuous so they can trace all your relatives back to the old country. See, it's the highest honor they can give you. It means you belong to a family and crew. It means that nobody can gently caress around with you except your male family members. It also means you could gently caress around with anybody just as long as they are also a family member. It's like a license to steal. It's a license to do anything. As far as Jim Bob was concerned with Josh being caught, it was like we were all being caught. We would now have to eat one of our own.
But what Jimmy liked, what Jimmy really liked to do was Bob.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
It Bobs the lotion on its Jim. It does this whenever it is told.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

artsy fartsy posted:

It Bobs the lotion on its Jim. It does this whenever it is told.

JIM Bob's your Uncle

please don't

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
sexhouse

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Ewwww, did you hear that Josh actually Jimmed in his Bob during math class?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

phasmid posted:

Am I the only one who immediately thought of the movie Chinatown when seeing this picture?

Forget it Jim Bob; it's vaginatown.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Quote-Unquote posted:

Forget it Jim Bob; it's sex house.

Ftfy

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

phasmid posted:

But what Jimmy liked, what Jimmy really liked to do was Bob.

You really don't wanna know how Jimmy Two Times got his nickname.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So much meth

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

So what do you have to dress up as at Chick A'Fila to get meth for free?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
They live in the Ozarks. Meth grows on trees!

No Manners No
Jul 15, 2010
Even if it's not Jim Bob, it definitely sounds like someone from TLC http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/07/todays-blind-items-the-family-line.html

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

It looks like he has to rearrange his face every morning.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Jinger's gonna marry some soccer dude, I guess.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

At least he has a job.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Facebook Aunt posted:

At least he has a job.

a Jim Job

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Dammit, Jinger was the one I'd hoped would escape.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Morby posted:

Dammit, Jinger was the one I'd hoped would escape.

Getting married is going to be the first step to escaping for most of those kids. She's engaged to a guy from Pennsylvania, so hopefully this will at least get her out of Arkansas and away from daddy's thumb. According to his bio he attended real schools, so even though he is very christian at least he isn't another homeschooled muppet with no exposure to the wider world.

Wanting to marry into this shitshow is a worrying sign tho. Hopefully, he isn't going to try to get in on the Duggar grifting/tv personality gig.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Why you shouldn't trust "Christian Doctors"

quote:

Believe it or not, when we first got married we decided we did not want to have children right away, so Michelle began taking birth control pills," Jim Bob wrote. "Three years into our marriage Michelle went off the pill and we had our first child. Then she went back on the pill, because we heard it was better to space your children out, but Michelle got pregnant while she was on the pill."

And then this happened

quote:

Jim Bob continued, "The pill caused her to miscarry. We talked to a Christian doctor and he explained that the pill could be abortive."

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/duggar.family.update.jim.bob.duggar.admits.using.birth.control.family.shying.away.from.josh/91464.htm

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

So...the birth control pill did its job, then?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Pvt.Scott posted:

So...the birth control pill did its job, then?

Yes, but JIM BOB is too stupid to understand what the pill actually does.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
That's not how the pill works or what it does.

If you missed pills so you get pregnant, but you don't realize so you keep taking it, the pill doesn't cause an abortion. Early miscarriages are actually super common for various reasons, and she's had at least a few -- it was probably just another.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Anne Whateley posted:

Early miscarriages are actually super common for various reasons, and she's had at least a few -- it was probably just another.

Some of them have even had long and productive lives!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

• Locked thread