Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Sanguinary Novel posted:

No sarcasm, but is that really a thing chefs do? It sounds more like a "...and everyone clapped" sort of thing, not a regular practice. I don't eat at super nice restaurants all the time, so maybe it is?
if they're drama queens that want to send a message, yes.

source: have worked with drama queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Those fries are still frozen

icy, like Bill's steely stare as he watches the last vestiges of tender juiciness fade from a prime rib

The chef disagrees, and requests that you eat your fries as they are intended to be prepared

Tiggum posted:

I put them in the oven for the time it said on the pack. I could have left them in longer, but they were fine.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Tiggum posted:

How far does this go? I ordered a pizza with extra onions the other day; was that OK or should I have respected the integrity of the pizza chef's vision? Can I order breakfast at a cafe and get my eggs scrambled instead of fried, or would that be a grave insult?

I feel like you literally don't comprehend what a restaurant is.

I went to this place once and I had to send the escargot back because they were too greasy. Like, they were pretty much swimming in butter or whatever. Also they were snails, I kid you not. I told the waiter to take them back and degrease them and to make the not be snails, and he looked at me like I was somehow in the wrong. The customer is always right!

As a sidenote I think they might have put something in my dates food that made her think I was a massive tool. It is the only explanation.

how me a frog has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Jul 29, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I hope you all get volcanic shits from the terrible food you are all surely going to eat tonight. Good luck.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I had a PB&J for dinner, I'll be fine.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

PCOS Bill posted:

I had a PB&J for dinner, I'll be fine.

This might cause some kind of shitstorm derail, but, why do you prefer a well done steak over something more juicy?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who gives a poo poo

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Munchables posted:

This might cause some kind of shitstorm derail, but, why do you prefer a well done steak over something more juicy?

Forget it Jack, it's PCOS Bill.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I recently ordered a burger in a hotel, and asked them to add bacon. Am I a monster?

fake edit: I was supposed to get a side-salad with it, those assholes

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This is fine.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Cumslut1895 posted:

I recently ordered a burger in a hotel, and asked them to add bacon. Am I a monster?

Did you then complain that it was in fact a ground beef patty inside a bun with a few condiments, and not a noodle soup dish?

Then you're fine.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Add mayo, would.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

The takeaway from this seems to be to avoid "fancy" restaurants like the plague, as chefs have simultaneously easily shattered and massively overinflated egos.

Which was likely a good idea anyway.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Jul 29, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/WeWantPlates/status/721012139763306496
https://twitter.com/WeWantPlates/status/723248849037463552

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

I think I love this.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I love the fact that the ceramic rabbit is only there to counterbalance the tree, yet the whole thing still looks like it's going to tip over at any second.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Tiberius Thyben posted:

chefs have simultaneously easily shattered and massively overinflated egos.

But enough about Trump...

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

there's a difference between going to a diner for dinner because you don't feel like cooking, and going to a fine dining establishment where you're there for the experience; if you want to tell the chef how to cook your food then stay away from the latter, hicks

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Efexeye posted:

there's a difference between going to a diner for dinner because you don't feel like cooking, and going to a fine dining establishment where you're there for the experience; if you want to tell the chef how to cook your food then stay away from the latter, hicks

I agree. If you are going to a fine dining establishment for the "experience," you deserve to get treated like poo poo.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I agree. If you are going to a fine dining establishment for the "experience," you deserve to get treated like poo poo.

So edgy it could make a dent in a PCOS Bill steak

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Tiberius Thyben posted:

You have never been to a fine dining establishment*.

*No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service isn't the baseline for a "fancy" restaurant.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Potato Jones posted:

You have never been to a fine dining establishment*.

*No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service isn't the baseline for a "fancy" restaurant.

You got me. I'm a filthy, poor hillbilly that simply cannot grasp the true beauty of fine dining.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Someone needs to build a memorial for that "side salad" with a reflecting pool and murals featuring inspirational quotes from world leaders saying we can't let it happen again

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Someone needs to build a memorial for that "side salad" with a reflecting pool and murals featuring inspirational quotes from world leaders saying we can't let it happen again

Hoo boy, yew paint y'self a mighty word picture ther I tell yew h'what.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Munchables posted:

Why do you need to have wet, sloppy meat?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Where were you,
when they dressed the salad of sadness?
Did it make you feel like crying?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BraveUlysses posted:

Where were you,
when they dressed the salad of sadness?
Did it make you feel like crying?

Give me your lettuce, your lime, your tomato tossed, yearning to be free.
I lift my Ranch beside the golden door.

Daniel Hillard
May 22, 2012

Tiberius Thyben posted:

You got me. I'm a filthy, poor hillbilly that simply cannot grasp the true beauty of fine dining.

That's cool that you can admit it. Most people try to hide their negatives thinking that they make them worth less as a person but we all have our flaws!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Stfu.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm going to eat a rainbow grilled cheese tomorrow at the fair. I'm telling y'all this now because after I consume it I may be dead. This one, instead of just dyed or vegetable flavoured cheese, is fruit-infused string cheese, so, uh. We'll see how it goes, and whether I look like this guy after I eat one (first thing in the video).
http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=918454

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

subpar anachronism posted:

I'm going to eat a rainbow grilled cheese tomorrow at the fair. I'm telling y'all this now because after I consume it I may be dead. This one, instead of just dyed or vegetable flavoured cheese, is fruit-infused string cheese, so, uh. We'll see how it goes, and whether I look like this guy after I eat one (first thing in the video).
http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=918454

Yes hello I'm interested in being the Southern Ontario K-hole food lady, where should I apply?

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
That comforty pillow known as a pierogi.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Undercooked duck, loose corn and fried rice from a fast food Chinese restaurant?

Ring me, baby!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Holy loving jesus I love me some medium rare duck breast but that is completely raw.

The overgrown children who call themselves imgurians have such a weird performative idea of "adulting", it's absolutely the worst. To some dumb motherfucker on the internet, that's "fancy". God drat.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I think that's pilaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

Why do you need to have wet, sloppy meat?

just eat handfulls of sand dude