Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think that the way riot handled this is the most disenfranchising thing from the perspective of a potential investor in esports. This isn't the first season of the LCS. This isn't a small industry anymore. There are millions of dollars on the line, regularly, and the investment needed to make teams successful is not small. Likewise, Riot is not a small company anymore. You want to have this huge professional worldwide game, you don't get to claim "we're just going through growing pains" anymore. If you want to play in the big boy space, you need to act like a big boy company. Riot is really sewing the seeds of their own destruction with the way they are treating the competitive scene lately. I am by no means the biggest Monte fan, but he seems completely in the right here and Riot is acting like a petulant child which will no doubt cause many investors, both those already in the market and those considering joining, to hesitate or even pull back completely. It's embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Actually, having trained legal help on hand while signing binding legal contracts that deal with large sums of money is a good idea.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

GreyPowerVan posted:

Actually, having trained legal help on hand while signing binding legal contracts that deal with large sums of money is a good idea.

Sure but Riot wasn't negotiating a contract with Renegades or TDK. They were just seeing if a trade took place. I'm guessing that there is something in LCS membership that lets Riot request documents like that. Or maybe they use their catchall rule. I dunno.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think that wanting to have a lawyer involved when riot is inquiring into contract matters is really unreasonable, even if it is a very innocuous request

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Monte is the type who would have a lawyer regardless. That's the kind of personality he is.

I love Bunny and Cop but wow they don't have much charisma between them do they

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
tsm tsm

all glory to my boy svenskeren

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

its hard to not root for a team with hecarim and zilean

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
i haven't been watching LCS the past month or so, why is Karma a 20% ban? is her Mantra E considered that good?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

How Rude posted:

i haven't been watching LCS the past month or so, why is Karma a 20% ban? is her Mantra E considered that good?
Initiation in the current meta is "blow a speed buff and run at them fuckers" so Karma and Sivir are highly valued right now.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
TSM

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Hypocrisy posted:

Actually yeah, it's kind of weird. Contracts aren't some sort of legal wizardry you need a lawyer to be exposed to.

Are you retarded?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
T
sm

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It's pretty weird for someone's response to riot asking for proof of a trade being to demand a lawyer. Even if they're within their rights.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

looks like IMT "had late"

edit: or not

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

This is a pretty ridiculous game, good on both teams putting on one hell of a show.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
why the gently caress would you give up the third infernal drake to a team with zilean on it. it's like you're asking to get gibbed over and over by the double bomb

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Hauntzer missed the taunt

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Not being able to just one shot Turtle or Adrian bit them in the rear end.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
This game rules

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

lol

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Reignover just killed Turtle with a Zilean bomb.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Haha this game was loving awesome

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

rip

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Doublelift is 19 kills away from 1000 total kills

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Bjergsen 43 KDA on Zilean across 6 games

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Radical posted:

its hard to not root for a team with hecarim and zilean

Funny, I find it almost impossible to root for a team with Zilean.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Luna Was Here posted:

Doublelift is 19 kills away from 1000 total kills

If the NRG set doesn't go 3 he'll have to have above his average kills to hit it in regular season.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
lots of power picks this game so far in champ select

edit: UNBENCH THE KENCH

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
IMT has officially given up.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Okay: what the actual gently caress.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

shoulda picked lucian

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Where the hell did Pobelter think he was going to run to with that Flash?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Crazy Larry posted:

Where the hell did Pobelter think he was going to run to with that Flash?

He had popped ghost before, he was probably hoping that Zil's slow would wear out before Heca got to him.

E: okay, if the series wasn't over with the Tahm Kench top picked, it certainly is now.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 30, 2016

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Good job blind-picking Malzahar into Zilean again :argh:

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Aumanor posted:

He had popped ghost before, he was probably hoping that Zil's slow would wear out before Heca got to him.

Yeah, I'm sure that slow wearing off would really help him out run the Hecarim.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
This game is great. Failed tower dives left and right, Turtle dying solo to a turret. This is the game NA deserves.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hah a loving owned

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Zilean is 100% Hitler.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i think if TSM attacks the turret 3 times during that dive then hauntzer survives and they ace even faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Crazy Larry posted:

Reignover just killed Turtle with a Zilean bomb.

And gets returned when adrian gets him.

• Locked thread