Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

soggybagel posted:

Remarkable someone got paid to write a screenplay where the line, "Here is SUB-ZERO...NOW, PLAIN ZERO."

That's the best you could come up with? Plain Zero?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZ25ikUKVY

(after cutting a guy in half)
"What happened to Buzzsaw?"
"Oh, he had to split"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Sash! posted:

Original Running Man was a game show, because they didn't have reality shows. We can do it better now because of that.

Especially if you make it closer to what it was in the novel. Instead of having to do the video check in via mail, he'd be tweeting or something, and then there'd be people all nuts on social media that THEY SAW THE RUNNER!!!!!!

Plus there'd be an awesome scene where a bunch of turds are trying to take selfies with him and they all get cut down by a Hunter.
This has already been done.
It's an indie flick called Series 7: The Contenders (2001)

It starts out pretty cool but completely falls apart at the end.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So Michelle Tafoya's not taking the shooting of the day well

https://twitter.com/Travon/status/754739120673398784

e: she deleted her account

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 17, 2016

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Uh, what exactly did she say?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

Uh, what exactly did she say?

Only article I could find

https://swimswam.com/nbc-sidepool-reporter-michele-tafoya-shuts-twitter-account/

In actual news, there will be an ACC Network channel via ESPN starting in 2019

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/17102933/acc-espn-agree-20-year-rights-deal-lead-2019-launch-acc-network

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

James Brown returns to "Inside the NFL"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Yahoo! Sports Radio is being re-branded as SB Nation Radio starting August 1st, so make changes as needed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://deadspin.com/report-nbc-asks-olympics-to-reorder-parade-of-nations-1784386062

NBC has asked the IOC to re-order the opening ceremonies so the US team walks in later on (the order is alphabetical based on the host country's language) for the sake of ratings.

On the one hand I get where they're coming from, but it's hard to buy it when they're already tape-delaying the ceremonies by an hour.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

A law firm is exploring a class-action suit against Disney over securities fraud, mostly basing around the huge drop Disney's stock took when they announced 3 million subscribers had been lost.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I have to imagine that there's a good number of recently released ex-ESPN folks (beyond just the on-air personalities we're aware of) who'd be happy to fork over that info or who would know the right person to ask.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Anals of History posted:

I have to imagine that there's a good number of recently released ex-ESPN folks (beyond just the on-air personalities we're aware of) who'd be happy to fork over that info or who would know the right person to ask.

yeah this could get pretty interesting in light of how much turnover there's been.

On the other hand I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of them signed NDAs.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Here's a Simmons on HBO update

https://twitter.com/SportsTVRatings/status/758753967694159874

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It was low to start with and still dropping, ouch. It's bad news when you're getting Jupiter Ascending numbers. What does Simmons do after this? Hopefully the answer is nothing.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Set list of lead-ins before Any Given Wednesday: Ted, Ted 2, The Departed, Good Will Hunting, Spotlight, etc.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The only thing he has on his side is that this time of year is awful for sports media ratings but that's still really bad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jupiter Ascending is really loving bad and AGW pulling less than that is hilarious

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
They did a sketch last night where he and Michael Rappaport argued about deflategate in Judge Joe Brown's court and I felt embarrassed for everyone involved and for myself for watching.

They ought to change the show where most of it is a panel format, but with a framing device where it's basically The Mary Tyler Moore Show starring the writers and with Simmons in Ted Knight's role as the no-nothing narcissistic doofus that somehow gets to be in front of the camera.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Jupiter Ascending is really loving bad and AGW pulling less than that is hilarious

It looks like that's the one thing AGW beat, but I don't know how to read ratings

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I've asked this question every time I've ever seen him, but how the gently caress does Michael Rappaport keep getting work?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

General Dog posted:

They did a sketch last night where he and Michael Rappaport argued about deflategate in Judge Joe Brown's court and I felt embarrassed for everyone involved and for myself for watching.

They ought to change the show where most of it is a panel format, but with a framing device where it's basically The Mary Tyler Moore Show starring the writers and with Simmons in Ted Knight's role as the no-nothing narcissistic doofus that somehow gets to be in front of the camera.

Better idea, actually just replace it with reruns of The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Henchman of Santa posted:

It looks like that's the one thing AGW beat, but I don't know how to read ratings

Well the most recent one is in the 160s, 100 less than AGW in whatever moon numbers they use.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

General Dog posted:

Better idea, actually just replace it with reruns of The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

I'm visiting my sister in Minneapolis soon (she goes to U of M) and I will get a picture taken of me throwing my hat into the air at the MTM statue in Nicollet Mall

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Thaddius the Large posted:

I've asked this question every time I've ever seen him, but how the gently caress does Michael Rappaport keep getting work?

I have no idea. He looks like a potato.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

How the gently caress does anyone with that atrocious accent get work

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

iwentdoodie posted:

How the gently caress does anyone with that atrocious accent get work

The best part is, after his stint on Justified, this statement is true regardless of authenticity of accent.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope Simmons crashes and burns, so this is great.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The best part is, after his stint on Justified, this statement is true regardless of authenticity of accent.

I'm still so mad at him for ruining a whole season of Justified

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/758862033072762880
https://twitter.com/AnyGivenWeds/status/758860065944113155

HBO must have buyer's remorse so loving bad...

Also Rapaport gives one of the most amazingly bad acting performances of all time in season 4 of Prison Break - the show had already lasted 3 seasons too long at that point but he turned it into a must-watch for me.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

DJExile posted:

yeah this could get pretty interesting in light of how much turnover there's been.

On the other hand I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of them signed NDAs.

Those would be invalid if someone was disclosing evidence of a crime or civil fraud

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

A sports show over the Summer when not much is happening hosted by a guy who's following is online seems like a bad idea.

The problem with the show is it has cut into his podcast which was the best thing he did.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

MourningView posted:

It had that really good moment with his brother and the 20 foot rule, but outside of that its the one season I honestly don't remember much of.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Simmons show should be like Bill Maher's but with sports.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Simmons show should be like Bill Maher's but with sports.
You want Bill Simmons to become even more insufferable?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Unmerciful posted:

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/758862033072762880
https://twitter.com/AnyGivenWeds/status/758860065944113155

HBO must have buyer's remorse so loving bad...

Also Rapaport gives one of the most amazingly bad acting performances of all time in season 4 of Prison Break - the show had already lasted 3 seasons too long at that point but he turned it into a must-watch for me.

He's terrible in Justified, still wasn't able to make it not the best show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

MourningView posted:

Ava is the New Black did not do that season any favors either. Season Five was just too transparently making time before Raylan could directly go after Boyd.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Niwrad posted:

A sports show over the Summer when not much is happening hosted by a guy who's following is online seems like a bad idea.

The problem with the show is it has cut into his podcast which was the best thing he did.

That's true

As for Rapaport, I admit I was in the same boat but I really enjoyed his appearances on Simmons' podcast

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the one moment of hubris i allow myself is that i wake up every day fully convinced that even with no television production experience whatsoever save from operating a camera on a cable-access teen "issues" show when I was 14 that was even worse than you are imagining, i could produce a vastly superior half-hour sports talk show than any given wednesday.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Maybe Bill Simmons doesn't deserve free reign over a TV show like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bill Simmons is going to do a 'what I'd do if I was president' bit sometime this year. Source: basic reasoning.