Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Fenrir posted:

Caladan Brood owns. I know they're basically a Summoning tribute band that makes songs about the Malazan books, but :drat:

Matted furs, rotted hides
Withered skin, black pits for eyes

loving T'lan Imass, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Can't stop listening to the new Defeated Sanity; each half is amazing. When I saw them earlier in the year, they played the "Disposal of the Dead" half in its entirety and it was one of the best live experiences I've had. The guy that was doing vocals for them on that tour (he does the one-man band, Autonomy) just got announced as their new full-time vocalist.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Not sure if it's posted here already, but Wacken banned all bags and backpacks due to the risk of attacks. Thank the sociopath that blew himself up at the gates of another German festival over the weekend.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

Gorguts tour announced, hell yes baby, Gorguts and Ulcerate in a 2 month time frame, yes please.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

david crosby posted:

Gorguts tour announced, hell yes baby, Gorguts and Ulcerate in a 2 month time frame, yes please.

Holy gently caress

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Holy gently caress, Inter Arma's new record might be AOTY.

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
Track from the upcoming Thy Catafalque album. It's pretty great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUMgFoFCFIs

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Misandry Cannon posted:

Holy gently caress, their last one just came out in October

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012

Vulture Culture posted:

He's a prolific dude. He just released a smokey jazztronica album the other month too.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Misandry Cannon posted:

This is good, thank you.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Vulture Culture posted:

pro click as hell

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Misandry Cannon posted:

Good poo poo

Misandry Cannon posted:

He's a prolific dude. He just released a smokey jazztronica album the other month too.

And a piano album it seems like, holy smokes

the yeti fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 26, 2016

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Ne Obliviscaris' bassist started a side project called Infinite Density and it's streaming through Soundclound on Metal Injection and it's extremely my poo poo

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/fu...nfinite-density

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Kumbamontu posted:

Ne Obliviscaris' bassist started a side project called Infinite Density and it's streaming through Soundclound on Metal Injection and it's extremely my poo poo

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/fu...nfinite-density

drat, that's perked me up no end!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

spookygonk posted:

drat, that's perked me up no end!

It's really, really good! Finished listening to the 2nd half just now and I might turn it on again because drat

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Gave Watain a spin on the way to hockey tonight. Pretty good poo poo, been missing out.

Hail Satan.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Vargatron posted:

Hail Satan.

Didn't Miroslav Satan retire after the Bruins?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Didn't Miroslav Satan retire after the Bruins?

Looks like he went over to the KHL following his stint with the Bruins. Sadly he did not hit any fans with his shoe during his tenure, as is Bruins tradition.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm about to go drive a couple hours to see the summer slaughter tour with Cannibal Corpse, Nile, Suffocation, Revocation, Krisiun and a bunch of deathcore bands at a place with the smallest pit floor I've ever seen, should be interesting. Of all of them there I've only seen Suffocation once and I feel like a bad metal fan for not having seen CC yet.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I was considering going to the Cleveland stop but lol unemployed now :( I've seen Nile a ton of times, Suffocation once, and Krisiun once,, would have been cool to see Revocation at least (CC too I guess but not such a fan of theirs :ohdear:)

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Varg posted:

I'm about to go drive a couple hours to see the summer slaughter tour with Cannibal Corpse, Nile, Suffocation, Revocation, Krisiun and a bunch of deathcore bands at a place with the smallest pit floor I've ever seen, should be interesting. Of all of them there I've only seen Suffocation once and I feel like a bad metal fan for not having seen CC yet.

Cannibal Corpse put on a good show. You'll have fun.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Just saw that Kreator (yes!) is touring with Sepultura (eh? Dunno how they are these days), Aborted (can't remember if I've heard them) and Soilwork (pass, but they are hopefully the opener). They dont hit Denmark until February though. I'm assuming Kreator is still worth it.

Next month I'm pretty sure I have to go see Blue Öyster Cult on Aug 5th and VoiVod/Illdisposed on Aug 10th though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Sepultura's only original member is the bassist. Don't bother with them.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

MrBling posted:

Just saw that Kreator (yes!) is touring with Sepultura (eh? Dunno how they are these days), Aborted (can't remember if I've heard them) and Soilwork (pass, but they are hopefully the opener). They dont hit Denmark until February though. I'm assuming Kreator is still worth it.

Next month I'm pretty sure I have to go see Blue Öyster Cult on Aug 5th and VoiVod/Illdisposed on Aug 10th though.

Aborted loving own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCN7jP5j1CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCGOyvfzd-U

Also Soilwork own and this was probably my favorite song of 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR2C2kEONIU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Sepultura's only original member is the bassist. Don't bother with them.
Eh, Andreas Kisser's been with them since before Beneath the Remains came out. He counts too.

The last two albums had a couple of fun tunes if you were into their sound on Chaos A.D.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCZEppJzlQ

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Besides, If we discount bands lacking original members, we have to discount Napalm Death.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 29, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Besides, If we discount bands lacking original members, we have to discount Napalm Death.

Napalm Death are a special case that really should've just changed their name in the 80s. Sepultura without any Cavaleras is a farce.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's not like the caller's are any better now a days. Just saw they're coming to my city and playing all of roots for some reason.

I'd pay to never listen to that album again.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Suffocation has $45 hats lmao

e: also cannibal corpses guitar soundcheck guy just played a Sleep riff. This day owns

Varg fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 30, 2016

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Here's a new Anciients track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On2ZX_CxGGA

The rest of the album should be real good based on the live set I saw them do a little while ago.

Juaguocio fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 30, 2016

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I have an anecdote from circa 2006-2007 when Necrophagist was touring in the US. I saw them in Greenville, SC at the Handlebar I believe (or some other club that folded later on).

The acts were as follows:

Some loving local band that played a song called Custacean Masturbation (by fan request)
Skinless, who was promoting their album Trample the Weak Hurdle the Dead.
The Faceless
Necrophagist (headlining)

It was a pretty poorly attended show, maybe 100 people max, but it was intimate in a way that you rarely get in a metal show. Several members of different bands hung out and warmed up in various places in the club. I remember Hannes Grossman doing warmups near the side of the stage with a drum pad and double bass pedals. Sami Raatikainen warmed up next to a loving pool table at the back of the room and I don't know where Muhammed Suicmez was prior to coming on stage. It was pretty cool to see the dudes warm up and Necrophagist sounded pretty close to the album during their set.

If memory serves one of the opening acts had a snare head break and had to borrow a snare from one of the other bands. I also spoke to another drummer who I mistook for Hannes Grossman (I think he was from the Faceless). Seemed like he got kind of pissed because everybody was asking about Hannes and I guess he felt like he was upstaged a bit. Another cool bit was the drummer for Skinless used a traditional grip on the drums, even during blastbeats. I thought that was pretty unique. Skinless even had a bit where the audience came up to the stage and dove into the pit, but the club's management put a damper on that pretty quickly.

This has been my metal show anecdote in BFE South Carolina from loving 10 years ago. I was 16 at the time and remembered being pumped that my parents let me to go to a death metal show. In fact I think it was my first death metal show ever.

Edit: The club was Ground Zero, not Handlebar. I had to look this poo poo up on Wikipedia. It was Summer Slaughter tour 2007.

Vargatron fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 30, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Vargatron posted:

Some loving local band that played a song called Custacean Masturbation (by fan request)

This would be Lust of Decay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZaCN1X10jQ

Their guitarist, Steve Green, is the owner of Comatose Music, and the drummer, Brent Williams, are both awesome guys as I've hung out with them a few times at shows. LoD isn't the best brutal death metal, but it gets the job done. I prefer their work in Atrocious Abnormality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFDBL_SezO8

Crack Hitler
Jul 19, 2016

david crosby posted:

Totally loving seeing this in Cleveland. Can't wait. I actually just got to see Intronaut play "The Direction of Last Things" beginning to end a couple weeks ago, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing those guys again. Will Gorguts play Pleiades Dust though is the real question. I really hope so.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Vargatron posted:

It was a pretty poorly attended show, maybe 100 people max, but it was intimate in a way that you rarely get in a metal show.
That's not really a small gig, plenty of local or national bands here would be happy to get that many people out to see them.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Varg posted:

Suffocation has $45 hats lmao

e: also cannibal corpses guitar soundcheck guy just played a Sleep riff. This day owns
An hour-long soundcheck sounds lovely

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crack Hitler posted:

Totally loving seeing this in Cleveland. Can't wait. I actually just got to see Intronaut play "The Direction of Last Things" beginning to end a couple weeks ago, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing those guys again. Will Gorguts play Pleiades Dust though is the real question. I really hope so.

I'm assuming the setlist will be Pleiades Dust + a chunk of Colored Sands and maybe one old track.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

Crack Hitler posted:

Yeah they're playing the entirety of Pleiades Dust

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Possibly Chicken posted:

It's not like the caller's are any better now a days. Just saw they're coming to my city and playing all of roots for some reason.

I'd pay to never listen to that album again.

The only song that doesn't make me break out in hives from that album is that "When you go down, you go down fighting" song. Which, as far as I remember is the only non gimmicky new metal dropped b-flat seven string song on the album.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The new Big Business is pretty dang good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm
New Blood Incantation album is streaming, rules

http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2016/7/29/full-album-stream-blood-incantations-starspawn-might-be-the-death-metal-album-of-the-year

We are playing half their tour with them in september, looking forward to hearing them play the album live 8 days in a row.