Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

He's got ya there, Kelp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

a perfect mega man exists in my mind and will never exist in reality

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

im going to throw up

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kelp Plankton posted:

I call mine Mega Man Volnutt.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

I call mine Mega Man Volnutt.

A shining hero trapped forever in a mediocre game world

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the game world of legends is good, actually

the gameplay is the mediocre part

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The gameplay is great and the world is great.

The mediocre part is that we'll never get the right and proper Teisel ever again. :smith:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The gameplay is great and the world is great.

The mediocre part is that we'll never get the right and proper Teisel ever again. :smith:

Let it go. It's been fifteen years, another Saturday morning cartoon villain voice actor exists, I'm sure.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
How 'bout the guy who voices Robotnik?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Y'know, I never had a problem with the MM8 proportions, I had no idea people hated it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The head's huge, the way he holds his one arm out like that is stiff and the legs are just off.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Games › Mega Man: Living a Life of Obsolescence.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
anyone in this thread who thinks Megaman Legends is not mediocre should play the Ratchet and Clank games(2-3 especially) and see what good 3D person shooter+platformers are like

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mega man legends does not play as well as ratchet & clank, but it does have professor barrel

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

IronicDongz posted:

anyone in this thread who thinks Megaman Legends is not mediocre should play the Ratchet and Clank games(2-3 especially) and see what good 3D person shooter+platformers are like

is ratchet and clank a psuedo metroidvania?

I think not!

(I don't actually know)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Some people like games that others don't, and that's okay.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

this is why i think its funny to complain about sd megaman

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

voltcatfish posted:

is ratchet and clank a psuedo metroidvania?

I think not!

(I don't actually know)

it's a level-based platforming shooting game with pretty open levels that are designed to be revisited later with more gadgets so you can find hidden items and secrets

the ps2 games are very good, the ps3 games are good too but less charming and funny

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Nendoroid proportions but maybe with the head a little bit smaller would be cool for a new Megaman game, I'd say. That new megaman game that will definitely exist, for real guys.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Blackheart posted:

The Nendoroid proportions but maybe with the head a little bit smaller would be cool for a new Megaman game, I'd say. That new megaman game that will definitely exist, for real guys.

The new mega man game, coming to a pachinko parlor near you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blackheart posted:

There's a new Mega Man cartoon coming out so, yeah, it'll probably have a game.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Can someone explain why Rockman 7 FC remake you can only hold 4 E Tanks at a time? What is this nonsense?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Dabir posted:

Was looking at the MM7 sprites and decided to see if I could make one look a bit less, well... MM7. Never been great at pixel art but I think it's come out OK.

Took the back hand from one of the walk frames and reshaded it, the boots I just brought in one pixel at a time until they didn't look ridiculous, then for the head I used the half-teleported sprite as a base and did what I could, then stuck it a bit higher up and further over than the original's. Also dropped the weird blue collar since it's not consistent across art whether he has it or not - even just looking at my desk, my Amiibo doesn't have it but my Nendoroid does. Still not entirely happy with the face but everything I try seems to make it worse so I'm calling it good enough for now.

What do you lot think?

Eh.

I personally really don't like MegaMan's sprite in MM7 to begin with anyways.
I quite like this 16 but rendition though:

From here:
http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2011/02/18/resurrecting-mega-man-mania-a-pitch-concerning-the-values-of-mega-man

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LemonLimeTime posted:

Can someone explain why Rockman 7 FC remake you can only hold 4 E Tanks at a time? What is this nonsense?

That's how it was in Mega Man 7.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought the Wily Wars sprite looked pretty good. Too bad for the ear destroying soundtrack or I'd play though that again.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
oh gently caress i'd play the hell out of that remastared megaman gb games concept

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

KingSlime posted:

oh gently caress i'd play the hell out of that remastared megaman gb games concept

:yeah:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

God drat, would.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is Wily still hard as gently caress in the Rockman 7 FC remake

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

voltcatfish posted:

Is Wily still hard as gently caress in the Rockman 7 FC remake

Yes, but ever so slightly easier than the SNES version due to the smaller sprites making it a bit easier to dodge is homing shots. By "a bit easier", I mean that I ended the fight with an E-tank left instead of having to use all of them like in the original.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm not gonna front like Wily's easy in Mega Man 7, but if you really get the pattern down he doesn't really stand a chance. It involves a lot of annoying weapon switching, tho.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Hold down while using Wild Coil.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy

LemonLimeTime posted:

Eh.

I personally really don't like MegaMan's sprite in MM7 to begin with anyways.
I quite like this 16 but rendition though:

From here:
http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2011/02/18/resurrecting-mega-man-mania-a-pitch-concerning-the-values-of-mega-man

A friend of mine did this, pretty cool to see it shouted out.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I finally beat Mega Man 7 yesterday and it grew on me a bit. Some of the Wily castle bosses were fun, and I can see one of them inspired one of the Shovel Knight bosses.

Is that FC remake something you can play on a real NES or is it some PC game thing?

I think I'm going to play the Game Gear one next.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

JustJeff88 posted:

Yes, but ever so slightly easier than the SNES version due to the smaller sprites making it a bit easier to dodge is homing shots. By "a bit easier", I mean that I ended the fight with an E-tank left instead of having to use all of them like in the original.

Slightly harder since Thunder Bolt cheese doesn't work on him anymore. That difficulty curve is higher than Velgauder Sigma.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

I finally beat Mega Man 7 yesterday and it grew on me a bit. Some of the Wily castle bosses were fun, and I can see one of them inspired one of the Shovel Knight bosses.

Is that FC remake something you can play on a real NES or is it some PC game thing?

I think I'm going to play the Game Gear one next.

It's a fan game so PC only, they also made one for Mega Man 8 as well.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Oyster posted:

Slightly harder since Thunder Bolt cheese doesn't work on him anymore. That difficulty curve is higher than Velgauder Sigma.

Your mileage may vary. I used charged Wild Coil shots and I found the demake version slightly easier than the original. Difficulty, like fun, is entirely relative.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

JustJeff88 posted:

Your mileage may vary. I used charged Wild Coil shots and I found the demake version slightly easier than the original. Difficulty, like fun, is entirely relative.

You say that like fifty people aren't going to post how wrong you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I know we're all past MN9 since it was "released" a month ago, but I see it's still not out for Linux (and Mac?) and it's even to the point where SteamOS/Mac has been removed from its Steam page. MN9 isn't "better than nothing", since for me, it's still nothing.

I did finally finish Mega Man 2 for :siren: my girlfriend :siren: since she helped me hang up the 8 Robot Masters artwork that has been posted here.

Takeaways:
I hadn't finished it because I recently got an HDTV and didn't have it on "game mode" so that millisecond delay matters, especially on Quick Man's stage...
I was so rusty at it overall.
Boobeam Trap still poo poo.
Forgot how much of a PITA it is to refill Crash Bomb with all the Sniper Joes and Sniper Armors before aforementioned Boobeam Trap.