Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have special feelings about that game, it was one of the first I played in Japanese. The timed responses which were mildly important but not essential to get right were just perfect for pushing my reading speed up.
Sanders, I think you and I played Sakura Wars 3 around the same relative time for us. It's so different going back to it now when I can comprehend most of it.

It's still a great game and it's aged surprisingly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It's pretty crazy to me that a week from now I might be playing an "English" version of a modern Super Robot Wars game.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm counting on you all to post screenshots of particularly bad translations.

I'm like 20% joking, I would also love to see good translations.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

If we get gold stars like "such words... even i could..." and "hagwane" with MD, just imagine how amazing the Voyage translation with licensed series is going to be. :allears:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

I hope this stays.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

GimmickMan posted:

If we get gold stars like "such words... even i could..." and "hagwane" with MD, just imagine how amazing the Voyage translation with licensed series is going to be. :allears:

Oh man, I hope Judeau gors full "STUPID ADULTS!!!" :allears:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Sakura Wars 3 stream going up again shortly.

Edit: Stream over, I never got to have a shower scene with Kayama

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 30, 2016

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So what time does the Japanese psn update? It would be cool if I could start the downloading on the 4th

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DrManiac posted:

So what time does the Japanese psn update? It would be cool if I could start the downloading on the 4th
The whole idea is that it's not on the Japanese PSN, but rather than Singapore one, right?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

The whole idea is that it's not on the Japanese PSN, but rather than Singapore one, right?

They're only off by one hour, time-zone wise, so they probably update around the same time anyhow.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ethiser posted:

It's pretty crazy to me that a week from now I might be playing an "English" version of a modern Super Robot Wars game.

Mine will take a bit longer, since I can't be here whenever a courier might drop it off to sign, but the post office will just leave a note and I can go pick it up.

I also got up at 2am to get one of the limited collector's editions that popped up on play-asia. How could I not?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Hunter Noventa posted:

Mine will take a bit longer, since I can't be here whenever a courier might drop it off to sign, but the post office will just leave a note and I can go pick it up.

I also got up at 2am to get one of the limited collector's editions that popped up on play-asia. How could I not?

It sold out basically instantly too!

Sordas Volantyr posted:

I screamed a little inside when this happened.

Straight up happens 100% of the time I do that stage, it's nerve wracking.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
More Sakura Wars 3 stream inc. We're on disc 2!

Edit: Stream over, we learned a lot about Dragonball and about Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 31, 2016

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Hokuto posted:

y'all should jump in, so far we've built friendships across the ocean through girl slapfights and then we saved the eiffel tower by setting the entire thing on fire. there's no limit to what ogami ichiro can't gently caress up!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Hokuto posted:

Edit: Stream over, we learned a lot about Dragonball and about Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

drat, I missed discussion about the gundam wing canon that is crazier than any fanfiction writer could come up with.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

It sold out basically instantly too!

Yeah, I got up 3 hours later like I normally do and looked and it was already gone. I couldn't be happier that I got it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Welp I just ordered Gundam Breaker 3 along with my Moon Dwellers pre-order so I'm sure it'll get announced for US release tomorrow. Anyone have any tips for GB3?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If you get the Strike Freedom backpack its special move can beat just about every enemy you will encounter for a majority of the game. It can show up pretty early too.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Special abilities like Phase Shift and Variable Phase Shift which give the same type of bonus (+HP%, beam resistance, etc) dont stack.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
It's time to hopefully finish disc 2 on Sakura Wars 3 stream.

Edit: Stream over, one to go

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 1, 2016

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
This has just started bugging me - do they ever say what they do with RyuOhKi and KoOhKi between campaigns? They're intelligent entities, surely they don't just put them in transport crates in a Mao Industries warehouse?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Caphi posted:

This has just started bugging me - do they ever say what they do with RyuOhKi and KoOhKi between campaigns? They're intelligent entities, surely they don't just put them in transport crates in a Mao Industries warehouse?

Pretty sure they sleep until it's plot appropriate in the Tesla labs. The local profs and Eri study them there.

In OGG they woke up when that fish guy (what was its name...?) attacked the place, in 2n OGS it happened when Kanan did the same.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

You're right! They keep them in a crate as the Tesla labs instead!

At the start of 2ndOG they're asleep and at the end of 2ndOG I think they just go to sleep again? Kusuha just goes "we should put them in their cage so they can rest properly" in the big wrap up at the end. Immortal magical animals are really good at sleeping for a longass time I guess.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Yeah I just randomly thought of how in MD they have to get "delivered" along with a bunch of Grungusts, and like

they're autonomous psychic mecha-gods. They can even fly on their own power. They ran around by themselves for like half of The Inspector. Isn't it weird to "transport" them?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Caphi posted:

Yeah I just randomly thought of how in MD they have to get "delivered" along with a bunch of Grungusts, and like

they're autonomous psychic mecha-gods. They can even fly on their own power. They ran around by themselves for like half of The Inspector. Isn't it weird to "transport" them?

When you've been sleeping for about a year, you need a second to pick up your stride. The least the meatbags can do for beings who've been fighting for them over millennia is give a small lift when requested.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Caphi posted:

I can walk around but I take a bus when I'm going downtown. Transporting things that can move by themselves to save time/energy, especially if it's a long way to go, seems sensible enough to me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
To me their most amazing ability is to absorb unknown technology and use it as its own. In any of the animes do they show RKO consuming Grungust 3's cockpit block? I always wanted to see what that looks like from the way it's described in the game.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Unrelatedly I just remembered once having hope that the Geminion was going to be two robots designed to be a twin squad.

Z3 :negative:

Good lord, can you imagine when Hibiki gets into OG and gets in the same room with Touma Kanou?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if they want to reboot the OG series and start all over again but shake up the cast lists in the process.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

On that note, I wonder if this will be Kyosuke and Excellen's last game :smith:

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
You know Excellen and Alfimi have a ton of lines recorded for them already, right? They can't get upgrades or special lines without recasting, but there's no reason they can't keep hanging around.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah they're not going to get any more enemy specific lines (just like Daitarn and Bright until they recast Bright), but they have such a huge amount of lines recorded for Excellen that she'll be around. She has stuff for loads of the equippable weapons which will help pad out any upgrades they might want to give her and Terada said in his blog that he works with Excellen and Alfimi audio every week so I'm sure they've got tons of stuff they can put together. Excellen won't say "hey Database, catalog THIS" or "Sidereal you are a bunch of jerks" but otherwise it'll be business as usual.

Kyosuke and Ryusei are pretty much the defacto main characters of OG and Excellen and Kyosuke are attached at the hip. They might recast her in a couple of years, but those two aren't going anywhere as long as they remain such huge fan and company favourites.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Policenaut posted:

Welp I just ordered Gundam Breaker 3 along with my Moon Dwellers pre-order so I'm sure it'll get announced for US release tomorrow. Anyone have any tips for GB3?

All suits are equal in base stats, the modifiers change them further but can be transfered over via part merging.

If you want to start off with a specific suit, look for bits of it in bounty mode, i think you need 3 or 4 parts off of a suit to buy it in the store.

Boosting options part damage is helpful in the ng+ modes.
Unless you are building a shooty suit, then buff shooting mode damage for the silliest of damage numbers
Get the orange bonuses for the thing you are boosting(highest one counts, they don't stack.

Maybe add me on psn if you want to coop?
PSN:AzMiLion

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

EthanSteele posted:

Yeah they're not going to get any more enemy specific lines (just like Daitarn and Bright until they recast Bright), but they have such a huge amount of lines recorded for Excellen that she'll be around. She has stuff for loads of the equippable weapons which will help pad out any upgrades they might want to give her and Terada said in his blog that he works with Excellen and Alfimi audio every week so I'm sure they've got tons of stuff they can put together. Excellen won't say "hey Database, catalog THIS" or "Sidereal you are a bunch of jerks" but otherwise it'll be business as usual.

Kyosuke and Ryusei are pretty much the defacto main characters of OG and Excellen and Kyosuke are attached at the hip. They might recast her in a couple of years, but those two aren't going anywhere as long as they remain such huge fan and company favourites.

"A couple of years" meaning "whenever the next OG game comes out", in my hopeful opinion. Excellen is such a central chatty character in all of the OG games that it would be super weird and bad for that to suddenly be dialed back in favor of stock lines. It's not like Banjou or Bright where those two characters pretty much say the exact same things every time they appear in a game so you can coast on prerecorded stuff, Excellen is constantly making up new wisecracks and puns because that's the central thing of her character. It feels even more likely since Moon Dwellers really, really pushes having custom dialogue for basically everything; every single pilot in the game has custom lines for like every single type of enemy grunt unit. You do a bit of a double take when you hear Raul and Fiona yelling callouts to Geios-series mechs or Katina talking about how she's going to bust up that Fury cylinder.

I don't know if anyone can pull off the role with remotely as much gusto, but I'd support them making the attempt to find someone to try, simply because I feel like letting a character like Excellen lose what makes her special would be more disrespectful than recasting her.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Absolutely, and that's pretty much what I meant by couple of years. Announcing the new voice actress at the same time as the actual game would make sense.

For Moon Dwellers does the J bot finisher just depend on what girl is in it, or is it still locked behind having a favourite like in J?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

To me their most amazing ability is to absorb unknown technology and use it as its own. In any of the animes do they show RKO consuming Grungust 3's cockpit block? I always wanted to see what that looks like from the way it's described in the game.
No, we don't see the Grungust Type-3's absorption from Bullet and Kusuha's perspective in The Inspector. IIRC, it's just a big flash of light followed by a Naked NewtypePsychodriver MomentTM set piece for the initial dialogue between RKO/KRO and its new pilots.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:stare: Wow they sure managed to make the Fairlions more, uh... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYd6epvwbyU&t=278s

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

-Troika- posted:

:stare: Wow they sure managed to make the Fairlions more, uh... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYd6epvwbyU&t=278s

This looks the same as OGs2. :confused:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The mecha that will Revolutionize the world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if they want to reboot the OG series and start all over again but shake up the cast lists in the process.

That's a very bad idea that's definitely not going to happen. Thankfully.

• Locked thread