Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

That is.... That is certainly a mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It says what we're all thinking!

edit: by which I mean, "AAAAA MY EYES ARE MELTING"

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i'm a fan of any gasmask nickname that incorporates a fart joke and "bloody" margottini has my vote

jesus

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

This mod replaces the in-game text with different, possibly unfunny, and definitely uninformative text.

The disclaimer is there, y'know!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
If you've been around the XCOM2 thread then you known that it existed for a good long while already.

Also my favourite from that batch of poo poo:

"DODGE: JAKE FIX YOUR BULLSHIT"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Something about the mission failure replacement being "loving IDIOT" just makes me laugh every time

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Much like XCOM 2's soldiers themselves, I found that mod's humor to be hit or miss- mostly miss.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

InfinityComplex posted:

Also my favourite from that batch of poo poo:

I was just about to post that myself. Its like the modders watched the first LP.

CJacobs posted:

Much like XCOM 2's soldiers themselves, I found that mod's humor to be hit or miss- mostly miss.
Its heavily based on 4ch memetic culture so a lot of it is just built up humor that existed and got reposted long enough.

Highwang fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 1, 2016

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

'memetic culture build up' sounds like something you would need to bleach out of your shower

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Talking about shots missed and the 100% you got: Didn't your sniper miss a shot when you misclicked?

Gymer
May 30, 2012
If voting is still open.

Angry Lobster: Rock
Chris Gasmaks: Catnap
Margottini: Bloody

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Abyssal Lurker posted:

Wasn't Lobster the one who got the hacking upgrade? Nickname: Skillsteal.

That's a great nickname.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

Talking about shots missed and the 100% you got: Didn't your sniper miss a shot when you misclicked?

I think grenades also factor in. They count as hits if you land them, but they don't count as shots taken, so a high number of grenades used can artificially inflate the accuracy scores.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Skillsteal
Ms. Click

e- also I recognized the Sssseeeeecreettsss reference, and was pleased

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Did the sssecretsss thing originate in the TFTD lp or from earlier?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Mod owns, haters leave

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elth posted:

Did the sssecretsss thing originate in the TFTD lp or from earlier?

http://lparchive.org/Alien-Shooter-Vengence/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Highwang posted:

I was just about to post that myself. Its like the modders watched the first LP.

Its heavily based on 4ch memetic culture so a lot of it is just built up humor that existed and got reposted long enough.

I'm sure SA has much better memes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cythereal posted:

X-COM 2 just doesn't feel interesting to me.

I think you should admit to yourself that you like XCOM 2 more than you say considering you are the 4th most prolific poster in the thread (and just tied up for 3rd with your last post!)

:v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Apparently ADVENT forces don't give a drat about friendly fire. I just had a MEC blast a stun lancer into oblivion with micro rockets so it could hit my SPARK and a nearby Grenadier.

zyxophoj
May 24, 2014

InfinityComplex posted:

He did! Right now, shots with 100% chance to hit can't be dodged. This was not always the case.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Removing Dodge from the game is the actual fix.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

So on Jade's stream game I'm a medic with the nickname "Feedback". I commented that it's more of hacker skill. Very next mission, I get Enemy Protocol. Yeah, okay game, sure.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Angry Slab of Lobster is amazing.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I had either forgotten or didn't know that was a Jade Star LP. I know I've watched it at least way back then.
secretssss

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

CJacobs posted:

Removing Dodge from the game is the actual fix.

Having dodge counter crit chance and vice versa is the better fix - having a mechanic to indicate "this person/alien is more nimble than others" isn't inherently bad.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Is there a way to remove Dodge from an enemy, the way armor can be shredded?

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Gatac posted:

Is there a way to remove Dodge from an enemy, the way armor can be shredded?
The only way is to make sure your attack cannot miss ever. They cannot dodge sure things and 100% shots.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

DatonKallandor posted:

Having dodge counter crit chance and vice versa is the better fix - having a mechanic to indicate "this person/alien is more nimble than others" isn't inherently bad.

Yeah, but dodge's current 'you played perfectly but the RNG says gently caress you eat a stun lancer hit' version is incredibly frustrating bullshit.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The only winning move is to not roll dice.

Luquos
Aug 9, 2009

how about we go back to my place and i conquer your world, if you know what i mean

Lunethex posted:

The only winning move is to not roll dice.

This is why the correct answer is all grenadiers in big rear end heavy weapons suits and blow up everything before it gets a turn.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Angry "Boiled" Lobster
Alessandra "La Buona" Margottini
Chris "Knockout" Gasmask

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Luquos posted:

This is why the correct answer is all grenadiers in big rear end heavy weapons suits and blow up everything before it gets a turn.

Oh my god yes. There is not a single problem presented to you in this entire game that cannot be solved or simplified by More Explosions.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I swear to god I've seen some dickwagon Dodge half the damage from an explosion, which I recall mostly because of the level of outrage that represented.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Not being able to dodge 100% to hit shots and such was a patched in feature, IIRC

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The next video is long... Like really long. 90 minutes long. That seems a bit excessive for a one sitting video so I am considering making it multi-part if people don't want to sit down and watch a movie sized LP update. Figured I'd ask you guys if you would prefer it cut up or not first.

For those of you who have played the game before, yeah, it's that mission, so you know what the deal is and it'd be fairly easy to split into thirds.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
If it's got logical break points I'd break it up.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Jade Star posted:

The next video is long... Like really long. 90 minutes long. That seems a bit excessive for a one sitting video so I am considering making it multi-part if people don't want to sit down and watch a movie sized LP update. Figured I'd ask you guys if you would prefer it cut up or not first.

For those of you who have played the game before, yeah, it's that mission, so you know what the deal is and it'd be fairly easy to split into thirds.

Can't provide both? Maybe have the full length epic posted at the end or as an unlisted vid?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

i'm fine with either option
joke suggestion: cut it into thirds and post them all at once anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

i'm fine with either option
joke suggestion: cut it into thirds and post them all at once anyway

Actual suggestion: do the joke suggestion, then everyone is happy.

• Locked thread