Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
The Stephen Universe thread in tviv has over 30000 posts
Pages: 1234567... Last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

plain blue jacket posted:

let me tell you a little something about wecomics

we need a new webcomics thread imo

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Moon Atari posted:

I'm pretty sure one of the writers acknowledged that harem anime was an influence. Usually harem anime is about a guy going around solving problems for a bunch of girls and being rewarded by them lusting over him. Sometimes the girls have magical powers. Steven Universe is basically that but it does away with the reward, makes the problems more about being emotionally broken and the women all significantly older and more lesbian than the main protagonist.

It was the guy who wanted Pearl to have killed Hitler who was saying that actually. I'm pretty sure none of the goons who were involved in making SU said anything like that in the thread.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I feel like its true home will always be GBS.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I feel like its true home will always be GBS.

i can't wait for you to explain how people are just being mean to these wonderful comics

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Yolomon Wayne posted:

We were banished to the COOL CREW in BYOB

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

plain blue jacket posted:

We were banished to the COOL CREW in BYOB

What?
Why?
What god lets something like this happen?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

corn in the bible posted:

i can't wait for you to explain how people are just being mean to these wonderful comics

Webdog did nothing wrong and his ban from the bad webcomic threads was a grave injustice.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Is Thrunt still dead though?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Is Thrunt still dead though?

No :smith:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

max4me posted:

We have Bojack horseman, Venture brothers, Rick and Morty. that all address dark depressing sexy themes. But yet this show really grabs a certain group.

Pedophiles poorly flying under the radar. MLP emphatically.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Maldoror posted:

steven also fuses with his girl friend and basically makes a trans

That is one dumpy broad

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I regret joining in making fun of her she actually looks like a very nice person and her paunch is cute.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Ugly people get pregnant too. Where do you think new ugly people come from?

might just be fat though

gbs is unanimous on No Fats

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Wulfolme posted:

Ugly people get pregnant too. Where do you think new ugly people come from?

might just be fat though

gbs is unanimous on No Fats

Not unanimous.

E: at least not on the definition of "fat."

I wouldn't call the girl above"fat" for instance.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

How did the three immortal lesbian alien ladies feel about the french revolution.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nanomashoes posted:

How did the three immortal lesbian alien ladies feel about the french revolution.

Do we even know if there was a French Revolution in their timeline?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Applewhite posted:

Not unanimous.

She's got my body type.

She fat.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

She's got my body type.

She fat.

Whatever you say dude.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Not unanimous.

Navy chicks just throw off your definition. Get back in the real world and you'll be all "Dayyyyuummmm Gina, looks like you ate Steven Universe and then stole that lil mo's clothes."

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

Do we even know if there was a French Revolution in their timeline?

Probably not, this timeline is so different Kansas is the center of movie production in the continent we call North America.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Navy chicks just throw off your definition. Get back in the real world and you'll be all "Dayyyyuummmm Gina, looks like you ate Steven Universe and then stole that lil mo's clothes."

Nah I've been into thick women since college.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Probably not, this timeline is so different Kansas is the center of movie production in the continent we call North America.

I always interpreted that line to mean that the mailman guy never even made it as far as Hollywood and instead was so pathetic he couldn't even make it in the local Kansas scene. Was there ever a statement that officially indicated Kansas was their Hollywood?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Can't knock you for that. Dude's who like bigger women are the 2nd best wingmen after gay dudes

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

I always interpreted that line to mean that the mailman guy never even made it as far as Hollywood and instead was so pathetic he couldn't even make it in the local Kansas scene. Was there ever a statement that officially indicated Kansas was their Hollywood?

I don't think so, but the money has a version of the snake symbol used by the 13 colonies to represent unity so it's possible their version of the US didn't expand very far.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I don't think so, but the money has a version of the snake symbol used by the 13 colonies to represent unity so it's possible their version of the US didn't expand very far.

TBH I don't much care for the whole alt timeline conceit. I wish they'd just set it in the normal world.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

TBH I don't much care for the whole alt timeline conceit. I wish they'd just set it in the normal world.

Maybe they just really wanted to blow up a huge chunk of Russia, there's a lot of land that's missing from their maps, including my tribe's ancestral territory.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Yolomon Wayne posted:

What?
Why?
What god lets something like this happen?

I forget which doomed mod it was but at one point mega threads were being purged because of reasons but much like a virus webcomics crew can never truly die

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Maybe they just really wanted to blow up a huge chunk of Russia, there's a lot of land that's missing from their maps, including my tribe's ancestral territory.

that sounds very problematic somehow

literally erasure

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

crew threads are a weird hill to die on but god help any mod that tries to nuke the seltzer crew thread

hi how are you ♥

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Please tell me more about the rock lady timeline, I am working on a thesis and need more primary sources.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

N. Senada posted:

Please tell me more about the rock lady timeline, I am working on a thesis and need more primary sources.

If you need more primary sources why are you asking us?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
My thesis is on how threads turn into irredeemable poo poo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Wow who could have predicted this thread would actually evolve to goons earnestly discussing the children's TV shows they watch.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

Wow who could have predicted this thread would actually evolve to goons earnestly discussing the children's TV shows they watch.

Not the OP, obviously, or he probably wouldn't have posted it.

Unless he knew that's exactly what would happen and wanted it.

Not looking good for him either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Not the OP, obviously, or he probably wouldn't have posted it.

Unless he knew that's exactly what would happen and wanted it.

Not looking good for him either way.

Nah this poo poo got real gay once the weirdo fans showed up, I'm closing this bitch

• Locked thread