Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I have so many things to complain about in this game, but the most easily fixable thing would've been the parade of horrible names. Endir, Nidr, Kir, and Hapsper, for example, all sound and look like awful generic fantasy-sounding names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i feel like they forgot to enable selling weapons and talismans

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I am enjoying the title change. Kudos to whoever did it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Relin posted:

i feel like they forgot to enable selling weapons and talismans

Nah, there's no reason to sell either. You have unlimited space and each weapon has its own unique attributes so theoretically you could level up a weaker weapon to the highest level by spamming materials on it. Which is another of those 'neat ideas, poor executions' when you can just equip Rainbow Sword and Valkyrie Bow and be done with it.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Even with all this games problems, it's a better use of time and money than FFXIII and probably FFXV too.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tallgeese posted:

I am enjoying the title change. Kudos to whoever did it.

Who was triggered by this mediocre $40 game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Harlock posted:

Who was triggered by this mediocre $40 game
Crono, but he's keeping quiet about it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I kinda stopped playing this when I fought a giant sheep thing in a village and the first time I fought him he decided to heal to full when he was almost dead and then had a regen thing on him that healed like 2000 hp each turn he got so I couldn't kill him. And then the next time I fought him he just... didn't do that so he died easily. Kinda sapped a lot of motivation out of it since it didn't really have any strategy and just came down to luck. I imagine most everyone else never even saw this thing he can do.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

I kinda stopped playing this when I fought a giant sheep thing in a village and the first time I fought him he decided to heal to full when he was almost dead and then had a regen thing on him that healed like 2000 hp each turn he got so I couldn't kill him. And then the next time I fought him he just... didn't do that so he died easily. Kinda sapped a lot of motivation out of it since it didn't really have any strategy and just came down to luck. I imagine most everyone else never even saw this thing he can do.

He did this to me every time I fought him. My final battle with him lasted at least half an hour. Endir healed and walled, Nidr provoked, and Setsuna slowly built up power on her lightning spell using Eternal Recurrence and Enthunder or whatever it was called. Eventually she was doing enough to out-damage the regen, and it only took 4 turns to reverse the self-heal. I'd've used Aeterna for haste, but she was woefully underequipped and the game wouldn't let me modify her equips before the battle at all.

After that battle, I got the Blowbeat dual tech and basically just breezed through the game because gently caress that boss.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

andipossess posted:

I have so many things to complain about in this game, but the most easily fixable thing would've been the parade of horrible names. Endir, Nidr, Kir, and Hapsper, for example, all sound and look like awful generic fantasy-sounding names.

Also this is bad as well, I keep healing the wrong people because Nidr and Endir sound too similar.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

FactsAreUseless posted:

Crono, but he's keeping quiet about it.

That's because he's a dead rear end ghost on a beach!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

andipossess posted:

He did this to me every time I fought him. My final battle with him lasted at least half an hour. Endir healed and walled, Nidr provoked, and Setsuna slowly built up power on her lightning spell using Eternal Recurrence and Enthunder or whatever it was called. Eventually she was doing enough to out-damage the regen, and it only took 4 turns to reverse the self-heal. I'd've used Aeterna for haste, but she was woefully underequipped and the game wouldn't let me modify her equips before the battle at all.

After that battle, I got the Blowbeat dual tech and basically just breezed through the game because gently caress that boss.
So you aren't fond of Endir's game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

So you aren't fond of Endir's game?

You're a bad person.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I really wanted to like this game but it feels so . . . uninspired. It's a completely generic RPG with generic fantasy names. It's also critically devoid of color and life. I played for a few hours hoping that I'd see some green, or really any colors anywhere that harken back to Chrono Trigger, but I was disappointed.

The music was all clearly cribbed from every Square RPG ever (I could hear the FF fanfare hidden in one song and CT/SoM/FF battle music).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

You're a bad person.
It's a real bugger, innit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

So I rushed and beat the game just to see how it ends. lovely ending that gives you a choice in the end that doesn't do gently caress all. They also shoe horn in time travel, a Magus wannabe and a bunch of other Chrono Trigger related stuff. There's even a developer town just like in Trigger and Cross.

Apparently the game's only side quests are at the end plus there's a secret boss that involves doing all of them first. No interest whatsoever and I'm a hardcore completionist. Sucks this game didn't turn out how I hope as I had high expectations.

• Locked thread