Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalel
Jun 19, 2012

naem posted:

Also weezing and sweating are fun and good

what? that's... n-no, man, no, ew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

naem posted:

Like, you don't need to be an olympic athlete to get a little exercise. A light regular workout goes a long way.

The other day I went for a jog after not going for a week due to crunch time at work, was super stiff, and tripped over my feet and biffed face first into decorative mulch and slid down a drainage slope.

It was hilarious. I had dirt in my mouth, my arm was bleeding, it was great. Some dude helped me up, I was laughing dirt out of my face, a bunch of girls were like "are you ok??"

Like, I didn't go home and write an angry diatribe about the evils of garden mulch or "you think you're bettre than me chad because I MEANT to fall in the ditch" and never ever jog again

The same goes for socializing?

drat a bunch of girls talked to you? Crazy poo poo my friend. Thanks for telling us about it.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Carmant posted:

drat a bunch of girls talked to you? Crazy poo poo my friend. Thanks for telling us about it.

obviously stdh.txt because girls never talk to anybody except chad

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

refer back to rule 1: who gives a poo poo

Everyone gives a poo poo. I dont know what mental illness you have that makes you not care at all what other people think of you but most people dont have that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Carmant posted:

Everyone gives a poo poo. I dont know what mental illness you have that makes you not care at all what other people think of you but most people dont have that.

smoke more weed and refer back to rule 1 then

if you can't stop obsessing over what strangers and inconsequential people think of you then you're just mentally enslaved

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like if you don't feel comfortable going to the safeway in a goddamn bathrobe and flip flops like you're from The Big Lebowski then you need work on killing whatever part of you thinks the cashier's opinion matters, or whether the stranger you'll never see again ever is thinking nasty things about you in their internal dialogue

and the funny part is people really like it actually, they don't just go 'what a wierdo.' there's a dude at the deli who slips me free poo poo constantly now just because he likes me.

if you're going somewhere nice by all means dress up booboo but lol at people who are really worried about whether some stranger you'll never see again will think bad thoughts about you

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 2, 2016

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

like if you don't feel comfortable going to the safeway in a goddamn bathrobe and flip flops like you're from The Big Lebowski then you need work on killing whatever part of you thinks the cashier's opinion matters, or whether the stranger you'll never see again ever is thinking nasty things about you in their internal dialogue

They probably have those opinions for a reason, and in general if a stranger thinks something bad about you the people around you who you interact with on a regular basis probably think the same. What others think of you is probably the most important thing there is, as humans are social creatures and your social standing is your most important asset.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

That's a fine way to think about people you know, but about strangers is not really healthy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Carmant posted:

They probably have those opinions for a reason, and in general if a stranger thinks something bad about you the people around you who you interact with on a regular basis probably think the same. What others think of you is probably the most important thing there is, as humans are social creatures and your social standing is your most important asset.

I'm telling you that in reality people respond hella well to someone doing their own thing. Don't be a follower, be a trend setter. Stop obsessing so much about what other people think all the time. Get confident because you know you're dope af regardless of what some chucklefuck says.

People in that grocery store know me by name and greet me and smile and wave and give me free poo poo so if your argument is they'll all hate on me then lol I gots tons of free poo poo the deli dude slips me that says otherwise.

I wore goddamn cheetah print PJs to a bar the other month bc they are comfy and I couldn't be assed to change when my friend said 'let's go get some day drinks' and I got no less than 3 people telling me they love my pants and one bought me a drink. Goddamn cheetah print PJs. Bet your $200-300 social status jeans don't get drinks bought for you.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
i think it's 2 sides of the same coin, if you project what you think society wants, and are good at determining that then it works out. but if you're bad at it you end up as a nice guy. If you don't give a poo poo and are just fun to be around, it works out too. if you don't give a poo poo and you're an rear end in a top hat, you're an rear end in a top hat.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Moridin920 posted:

and the funny part is people really like it actually, they don't just go 'what a wierdo.' there's a dude at the deli who slips me free poo poo constantly now just because he likes me.

if you're going somewhere nice by all means dress up booboo but lol at people who are really worried about whether some stranger you'll never see again will think bad thoughts about you

that's weird

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

darkhand posted:

i think it's 2 sides of the same coin, if you project what you think society wants, and are good at determining that then it works out. but if you're bad at it you end up as a nice guy. If you don't give a poo poo and are just fun to be around, it works out too. if you don't give a poo poo and you're an rear end in a top hat, you're an rear end in a top hat.

Well yeah I'm still really nice to people and I'm humble I don't walk around like my poo poo doesn't stink. I just don't give a poo poo and I'm chill to be around (I realize my posting doesn't reflect that but SA is kinda the pressure valve I guess) and it works out.

Just got a free J from the club a few weeks ago and I gave it to said deli dude as a 'hey thanks for the free stuff duder' and he really appreciated it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
this thread is weird because we all know none of us interact with people in real life

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Moridin920 posted:

Well yeah I'm still really nice to people and I'm humble I don't walk around like my poo poo doesn't stink. I just don't give a poo poo and I'm chill to be around (I realize my posting doesn't reflect that but SA is kinda the pressure valve I guess) and it works out.

it does not indeed you self aware bastard you

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Moridin920 posted:

Just got a free J from the club a few weeks ago and I gave it to said deli dude as a 'hey thanks for the free stuff duder' and he really appreciated it.

I want to believe that it's existed since the 70s and will never be smoked, it will just be eternally passed from one person to another as a token of "you're a cool dude[tte], i like you"

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

I'm telling you that in reality people respond hella well to someone doing their own thing. Don't be a follower, be a trend setter. Stop obsessing so much about what other people think all the time. Get confident because you know you're dope af regardless of what some chucklefuck says.
What if your own thing is being blown to bits by others, e.g. your fedora.

Moridin920 posted:

People in that grocery store know me by name and greet me and smile and wave and give me free poo poo so if your argument is they'll all hate on me then lol I gots tons of free poo poo the deli dude slips me that says otherwise.
Maybe the guy at the deli thinks you're homeless ;)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
anyway have some more nice guys

rgocs posted:

Maybe the guy at the deli thinks you're homeless ;)

maybe but he knows I have a car bc we've smoked in it together before so idk how that meshes

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Moridin920 posted:

Stop obsessing so much about what other people think all the time

Moridin920 posted:

People in that grocery store know me by name and greet me and smile and wave and give me free poo poo

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

I wore goddamn cheetah print PJs to a bar the other month bc they are comfy and I couldn't be assed to change when my friend said 'let's go get some day drinks' and I got no less than 3 people telling me they love my pants and one bought me a drink. Goddamn cheetah print PJs. Bet your $200-300 social status jeans don't get drinks bought for you.

I cant tell whether the guy who is bragging about getting free deli meats because he's a trend setter who doesnt give a gently caress what people think is trolling me or not, can anyone advise.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
what page did this thread peak?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

?

Just saying goons seem to think strangers can't wait to poo poo down your throat but actually most people are nice and just want to be friendly so don't worry so much.

Carmant posted:

I cant tell whether the guy who is bragging about getting free deli meats because he's a trend setter who doesnt give a gently caress what people think is trolling me or not, can anyone advise.

lol

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Wore my neon green assless pants to the supermarket and a girl there gave me tons of free cheese, and it even came with toothpicks.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

radiatinglines posted:

only ugly dudes get tagged as creep

This is true but 75% of ugly dudes could move into passable territory by losing weight, getting a haircut, improving heir fashion choices beyond socks with sandals, or some combination of all three. There are a few people who are unlucky enough that they'll never be attractive but that's life man. Figure out where you are and get pretty or get rich. Girls have this drilled into them when they're young - look as pretty as you can or poo poo will suck.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol hey guys I super don't give a gently caress, ya know like in that awesome movie the big lebowski1? haha yeah people give me high fives and free bologna while I waltz through the store as credence clearwater revival plays in my head, but nah man I don't really care what people think of me

1readers note: I am not bashing the big lebowski, it's the coen bros. best film imo

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
You should care about what someone thinks of you only if you're doing something that has the potential to tangibly affect their quality of life, or if they're someone whose opinion you actually have a good reason to value. Otherwise, you shouldn't give a poo poo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cnut the Great posted:

You should care about what someone thinks of you only if you're doing something that has the potential to tangibly affect their quality of life, or if they're someone whose opinion you actually have a good reason to value. Otherwise, you shouldn't give a poo poo.

pretty much

SciFiDownBeat posted:

lol hey guys I super don't give a gently caress, ya know like in that awesome movie the big lebowski1? haha yeah people give me high fives and free bologna while I waltz through the store as credence clearwater revival plays in my head, but nah man I don't really care what people think of me

you get dressed up to go get some milk and eggs lol what a square

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carmant posted:

It wont matter what his intent actually is because ANYTIME someone in this thread makes ANY comment about ANY sort of interaction with a real live woman you post some snarky comment. Its almost like you are some kind of weirdo that cant stand those dumb jerks that all the stupid sluts seem to love.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If you really want to impress a girl but are a bit, shall we say, goony then the trick is to put all of your skills and passion into building one hell of a sandcastle. Ask any women in this thread - there is literally no flaw or series of flaws a man can have that won't be completely forgiven for a kickass sandcastle. poo poo, that thing where you make a slurry of sand and drip it onto the parapets to get a kind of melty effect might as well be considered a date rape drug.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Mein Eyes! posted:

what page did this thread peak?

Like all nice guys, it only lasted a matter of seconds before it climaxed

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol if you think sex is real truth is everybody has a penis and we reproduce through a cloud of spores as god intended

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Quote-Unquote posted:

lol if you think sex is real truth is everybody has a penis and we reproduce through a cloud of spores as god intended

what do I keep doing please help I'm so lost what is this thing if sex isn't real

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
We don't live in small tight-knit communities of 150-200 people like we did when we evolved to our more-or-less current configuration back in hunter-gatherer times. Back then it made sense to care about what everyone you met thought about you because you were all directly involved in each other's lives and knew each other on a personal and continuing basis. If you were a jerk or a weirdo it could potentially have real, negative consequences for the entire small community.

Our brains still think like that but we don't live in those kinds of small communities anymore. The random nameless person you pass by on the street of a city containing thousands or millions of residents has neither the right nor the legitimate need to judge you on a personal level. Your brain may be telling you otherwise, but you are free to ignore your brain in such cases.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Celluloid Sam posted:

what do I keep doing please help I'm so lost what is this thing if sex isn't real

lmao check out this virgin

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Quote-Unquote posted:

lmao check out this virgin

you tricked me

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Celluloid Sam posted:

you tricked me

the deep sense of shame is vital to releasing your spores, idiot

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

moridin's zany antics probably won't be as charming if you're fat and gross, just wanted to remind everyone who might try it in the wrong context

i recently un-fatted myself so i'm going to try some of these zany antics might report findings but i'll probably forget

Moridin920 posted:

some of us are just perpetually dressed

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

We had a real piece of work in our college class. At first we thought he was just awkward, but one sunny day me and a friend ending up sitting behind him on a city bus by coincidence. He didn't know we were there and we wound up witnessing something pretty disturbing. He stood next to two girls, they were standing in an alcove beside him talking to each other and he was in the middle aisle. He keeps looking at them every couple of minutes in between cramming his phone right into his eyeballs. Oddly his phone seems to be blank. With his greasy asscrack hanging out of his pants, he begins to turn his butt towards them while looking intently at his phone. Ever so slowly he begins to move backwards, gradually pressing his grotesque butt into contact with them, pretending not to notice they're behind him. This goes on for over a minute until the two girls are squashed together with his pasty rear end and can barely move. The girls start giving each other looks and stop talking, but he's blocking the way out. Finally, as we stare utterly dumbfounded, they manage to squeeze past him when the bus turns a sharp corner it moves him away towards the wall.

Now that's creepy.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Spatial posted:

We had a real piece of work in our college class. At first we thought he was just awkward, but one sunny day me and a friend ending up sitting behind him on a city bus by coincidence. He didn't know we were there and we wound up witnessing something pretty disturbing. He stood next to two girls, they were standing in an alcove beside him talking to each other and he was in the middle aisle. He keeps looking at them every couple of minutes in between cramming his phone right into his eyeballs. Oddly his phone seems to be blank. With his greasy asscrack hanging out of his pants, he begins to turn his butt towards them while looking intently at his phone. Ever so slowly he begins to move backwards, gradually pressing his grotesque butt into contact with them, pretending not to notice they're behind him. This goes on for over a minute until the two girls are squashed together with his pasty rear end and can barely move. The girls start giving each other looks and stop talking, but he's blocking the way out. Finally, as we stare utterly dumbfounded, they manage to squeeze past him when the bus turns a sharp corner it moves him away towards the wall.

Now that's creepy.

And this, he thinks, is a better idea than saying a sentence at them. Astounding.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

I actually have separate tuxedos for when I'm getting milk versus getting eggs. If I have to get both in the same trip, I bring both tuxes and change halfway through shopping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaavikSpocksDaddy
Dec 22, 2012
I quit smoking weed because it gives me anxiety and paranoia, im like 12 hours clean rn
Hopefully my coworkers and strangers will quit avoiding me now

• Locked thread