Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Toxxupation posted:

I would pay actual dollars for a full, song-length version of that Keep Driving song from 309.

Same. It is drat catchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I want an album of full versions of all the original songs especially Get That Fetus and Generic 80s/90s/07 song

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Trash Boat posted:

Uh, do you mean brrap brrap pew pew?

No, like pshhkow pshhkow!

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

No, like pshhkow pshhkow!

Can we please stop with all the gun noises?! :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pick posted:

I like that the show actually deals with death, TV and pop culture feels so strangely deathless that it's depressing and surreal in its own right.

You're not watching the same shows I am.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

I want an album of full versions of all the original songs especially Get That Fetus and Generic 80s/90s/07 song

Get your uterus turn't!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3MKSqUTr-A

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Baron Corbyn posted:

Wanna hear all of Prickly Muffin and Left Tittt-ay.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SEX BURRITO posted:

Wanna hear all of Prickly Muffin and Left Tittt-ay.

My Hiney Ain't So Tiny

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I pray my little baby has a soul
so it can feel pain
when i blow it out my hole

Man, that's some hosed up 30 rock level dark poo poo.

Sign jokes are so good on Bojack, I would not be surprised if the writers all grew up on the Simpsons, which always had amazing sign jokes.

the If your baby seahorse needs milk, this is the one, take it from me, a childless dog.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Sign jokes are so good on Bojack, I would not be surprised if the writers all grew up on the Simpsons, which always had amazing sign jokes.

The Mr. Peanutbutter misprinted signs is probably my favourite re-occurring gag. I was amused to see Captain Peanutbutter had the same troubles.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
They should print the

I HAD A BALL
AT DIANE'S 35th
BIRTHDAY AND UNDERLINE
BALL I DON'T KNOW WHY
THIS IS SO HARD

t-shirt as official merch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Entropic posted:

They should print the

I HAD A BALL
AT DIANE'S 35th
BIRTHDAY AND UNDERLINE
BALL I DON'T KNOW WHY
THIS IS SO HARD

t-shirt as official merch.

I love the drawings of Diane and Mr Peanutbutter on that shirt. They should do I'm a Zoe/Zelda shirts, and a Misprints shirt.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/arianelange/bojack-horseman-background-jokes?utm_term=.mo2an4rnPX#.cw1Od4od1A
good collection of screen caps of background jokes. The bit about Jon Hamm being replaced by Christina HENdricks made laugh.
Oh can someone explain the joke about J'vons?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Just finished the last episode of Season 3. Once again, it ends ambiguously and quietly. I think it's interesting that Todd might be asexual because asexuality isn't often dealt with in media. The only other example I can think of is an episode of Hung.

Scrabble Tournament
May 17, 2006
MY OLD-ASS AVATAR URL BROKE THE ADMIN PANEL, THANKS RADIUM

twistedmentat posted:

I love the drawings of Diane and Mr Peanutbutter on that shirt. They should do I'm a Zoe/Zelda shirts, and a Misprints shirt.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/arianelange/bojack-horseman-background-jokes?utm_term=.mo2an4rnPX#.cw1Od4od1A
good collection of screen caps of background jokes. The bit about Jon Hamm being replaced by Christina HENdricks made laugh.

Jons and Vons are two supermarket chains you can find in LA County.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

As a Californian currently living in NYC, I love the California-centric humor.

"What's up with pizza by the slice, New York? Either eat a pizza or don't! :argh: "

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I get the feeling Todd being asexual is just part of him being a real-life sitcom character and not any kind of statement or insight, not that I'd mind being wrong of course

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

brnai posted:

Jons and Vons are two supermarket chains you can find in LA County.

Ah okay, and obviously people confuse the two, and in Bojack's world, it's combined.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Tempo 119 posted:

I get the feeling Todd being asexual is just part of him being a real-life sitcom character and not any kind of statement or insight, not that I'd mind being wrong of course
Yeah his character is kind of a stereotypical neuter anyway, so it just seems like the logical conclusion of him.. He's so loving clueless that he can't even do what his balls want him to do.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Yeah his character is kind of a stereotypical neuter anyway, so it just seems like the logical conclusion of him.. He's so loving clueless that he can't even do what his balls want him to do.

...says the goon.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Full version of the Mr Peanutbutter's House theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrXNBd72tJU

Doesn't have any of the voices/sound effects from the phone-chasing scene.

Now to make this my ringtone :3:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I missed a few episodes here and there, so was the horse dying at the end of Horsing Around mentioned at all except for that once in Season 3? I just know that that's going to come back at Bojack's lowest moment and possibly be related to something pivotal (or not, given how good this show is at foreshadowing as misdirection).

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Rollersnake posted:

I missed a few episodes here and there, so was the horse dying at the end of Horsing Around mentioned at all except for that once in Season 3? I just know that that's going to come back at Bojack's lowest moment and possibly be related to something pivotal (or not, given how good this show is at foreshadowing as misdirection).

Season 1 episode 1.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rollersnake posted:

He died of a broken heart because the kids didn't show their appreciation. The actual scene is shown in season one.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DoubleCakes posted:

Just finished the last episode of Season 3. Once again, it ends ambiguously and quietly. I think it's interesting that Todd might be asexual because asexuality isn't often dealt with in media. The only other example I can think of is an episode of Hung.

It features somewhat prominently in both seasons of Sirens with one of the main cast being asexual.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I liked that David Pincher was a lobster, and not, as I had assumed he would be, a doberman.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Baron Corbyn posted:

He died of a broken heart because the kids didn't show their appreciation. The actual scene is shown in season one.

I too am curious how they're going to retcon that for Ethan Around

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

It was a dream.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

The Horse had a secret twin

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Was there a point to Diane's broken wrist this season?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I think the only point to it was to show continuity between episodes. Diane has a broken wrist that slowly heals every week but Todd always has the same amount of stubble ala Jack from :lost:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Episode 11 was the perfect combination of hilarious and terrifying, shows don't usually bring out any emotion in me but I never felt so engrossed in an episode of a cartoon before.

So that bear who accepted Sarah's Oscar in her stead was the stepfather she mentioned at Herb's funeral, right? I remember some kind of one-off joke about her stepfather homeschooling her followed by saying he was a photographer (and she said Henry Wrinkler's hair tasted like bear fur). It seemed like her speech about how unhappy she is, before they go to the planetarium, was triggered by the bear asking her to come home..

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Retail Slave posted:

Was there a point to Diane's broken wrist this season?

Showing her being reckless from listening to drugs, getting her to the hospital to find out she's pregnant, having a callback when Bojack knocks her over.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

FireWorksWell posted:

Episode 11 was the perfect combination of hilarious and terrifying, shows don't usually bring out any emotion in me but I never felt so engrossed in an episode of a cartoon before.

So that bear who accepted Sarah's Oscar in her stead was the stepfather she mentioned at Herb's funeral, right? I remember some kind of one-off joke about her stepfather homeschooling her followed by saying he was a photographer (and she said Henry Wrinkler's hair tasted like bear fur). It seemed like her speech about how unhappy she is, before they go to the planetarium, was triggered by the bear asking her to come home..

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I always thought the implication from the funeral episode was that the stepfather had molested her, so watching him accept the Oscar and ask her to come home felt real gross on top of an already depressing episode.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The bear also really sounded female to me. Actually just like Herb's caretaker bear. Maybe that's just what bears sound like in this show though.

Also I blocked Sarah Lynn's stepfather bear out of my mind.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

i am the bird posted:

I always thought the implication from the funeral episode was that the stepfather had molested her, so watching him accept the Oscar and ask her to come home felt real gross on top of an already depressing episode.

Definitely was the intended implication at first, but maybe the bait and switch is that he married her mom after Sarah Lynn was already an adult and they did stuff on the side?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i am the bird posted:

of course it would be a bear

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Definitely was the intended implication at first, but maybe the bait and switch is that he married her mom after Sarah Lynn was already an adult and they did stuff on the side?

I thought part of the implication was that her step dad homeschooled her.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Baron Corbyn posted:

I thought part of the implication was that her step dad homeschooled her.

He did, but that wasn't what was implied; it's implied that he took pictures of Sarah Lynn and she's tasted bear fur before. It's really vague and it could just be a throwaway joke.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
God drat they pay attention to continuity on this show. The Christmas Special popped up on netflix so I rewatched it, and they talked about how guy who played Goober got kicked off the show because he 'molested all those Laker Girls', which makes his later career choice that much funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Holy poo poo Paul Revere is riding a horseman thisisthegreatestshowever