Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

This is like the 4th time I've seen those images this week and they still don't make any more sense :psyduck:

Kikas fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kikas posted:

This is like the 4th time I've seen those images this week and they still don't make any more sense :psyduck:

You have the Power Cosmic, the Speed Force, and then Titan Tails who dwarfs both of those concepts combined.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kikas posted:

Okay so... ever since Penders first got a hold of Tails he said "Tails has a great destiny in store." He built this up for like 140 issues, of just straight up, "Tails has a great destiny." And then, finally, we get to it, and Tails Great Destiny is to merge with all alternate dimension tails to become Titan Tails, blow Mammoth Mogul away with his rear end and that's it.

EDIT: Someone posted this as to why this case shouldn't go anywhere

quote:

Penders or not, nobody ever heard of Narrative Arc Entertainment. They have no more money to pursue this case than you do; Archie, if necessary, can borrow. In addition, Scott Fulop is claiming infringement during the period in which he worked for Archie as an editor. The first test of the legitimacy of his claims is the question of why, as an editor working for Archie comics on the comics he claimed infringed his work, he did not in 16 years take any action. Resignation, legal action, complaining to his boss - it's on him to prove that he acted reasonably there, not Archie.

Secondly, Penders sued SEGA, and SEGA had Penders' case dismissed, twice, because it was vexatious. The lawsuit that Penders actually won was Archie Comics' own lawsuit to try and prevent him from using what they saw as their characters; they didn't have to stop publishing Sonic comics (because they still own that license, as SEGA still own the character and the contract between the two companies is unchanged) so they still have that income. They presumably sued because there was some notion that these characters were fan favorites and the line would suffer - well, it's been a couple of years, so if sales were going to suffer they'd have done so by now.

Thirdly, the suit that Penders brought against Archie was never decided by the courts - it was settled. That's a private agreement between the two. It can't be used in the way that a prior judgement can - stare decisis does not apply there. So if this goes to trial by jury, Fulop is going to look like an idiot in front of that jury as he tries to explain why even in the past 4 years he hasn't sued of what he claims is a major infringement of his copyrights. "I'm poor" doesn't cut it; and he has to make the entire argument himself. There's no case law from Penders to rely on here.

Finally, legal action isn't necessarily very expensive, even if you lose and damages are awarded.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 3, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

quote:

The Sonic Mania hype may be coasting at this point, but we’re just getting started with the celebration of “The World Famous Blue Hedgehog” by hosting a live podcast on SEGA Channel Retro on YouTube this Friday at 5PM central. Sonic Retro and SEGAbits were live and in person at the event and we’ll talk about the event, Sonic Mania, Project Sonic 2017, Totinos, LEGO Sonic the Hedgehog and more!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sega captures the true essence of the 90s by having the players collect tiny floating Totinos for points and health.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Onmi posted:

Okay so... ever since Penders first got a hold of Tails he said "Tails has a great destiny in store." He built this up for like 140 issues, of just straight up,

I thought titan tails was before even the sonic adventure stuff.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Lego Sonic the Hedgehog?!?!?!?!?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

So the best representation Penders could get of a dude merging with all the alternate realities of himself is to make him buff with awful body proportions?

Ok.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Neat little thing I spotted in the Polygon gameplay video, the Orbinauts in Studiopolis get more and more worried as you destroy their orbiting shield bits, in this progression: :mad: > :geno: > :( > :gonk:

I want this game so much :3:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Studipolis Orbinauts are probably the best incarnation of the enemy yet, you don't need to take damage to hit them or wait them out and they interact with Sonic's physics in a cool way.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kashuno posted:

Lego Sonic the Hedgehog?!?!?!?!?

yeah hes a level pack for lego dimensions it owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgqMlOMvQNY

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Kelp Plankton posted:

That Ska-ish arrangement of It Doesn't Matter though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Stairmaster posted:

I thought titan tails was before even the sonic adventure stuff.

Noooo, this was almost at the end of his run.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Jsor posted:

That Ska-ish arrangement of It Doesn't Matter though.

Talk about low-budget flights! No food or movies? I'm outta here! :tubular:

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I like running better!

So the Pilot of that helicopter identifies himself as Sigma Alpha 2. ie, SA2, ie SONIC ADVENTURE 2! Isn't that great subtle writing by Sonic Team.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Another fun thing I noticed about Studiopolis, the big neon sign that reads PINK BOT at the start of the level is an homage to the PINE POT cafe that appears in the background of Stage 1 of Streets of Rage.

Also Spinball sound effects when you go into the truck.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Paused posted:

I like running better!

So the Pilot of that helicopter identifies himself as Sigma Alpha 2. ie, SA2, ie SONIC ADVENTURE 2! Isn't that great subtle writing by Sonic Team.

Yes, it is.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's criminal that as far as i know the toxic caves song is never used again. tho i could be wrong since i think i stopped after sonic adventure 2 until colors.

i could listen to that song all day.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lava Powerhouse is where it's at.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Toxic Caves is an unlockable song in Generations at least!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
#12 Ion Storms Above the Mechanical Forest - Garbocalypse, SuperiorX
Sonic CD - Collision Chaos US
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_9mRU4UZEg

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Paused posted:

Toxic Caves is an unlockable song in Generations at least!

I was disappointed with the Sonic Boom Mix in generations cause it just builds up & builds up...with no pay-off at all :/ if it were an actual full song I would have played every single speedrun side mission to it :sigh:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

beep by grandpa posted:

I was disappointed with the Sonic Boom Mix in generations cause it just builds up & builds up...with no pay-off at all :/ if it were an actual full song I would have played every single speedrun side mission to it :sigh:

I don't think a bunch of music is even playable in the sound test, like no side-mission only songs or the various menu ditties. Just the songs you unlock as you go.

You couldn't just listen to that one where they sampled the Sega Saturn promo ad whenever you wanted.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

I don't collect Lego but the early 90's child in me is screaming for one of those Lego Sonic figures. Where the heck can I buy one in the UK?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Frankston posted:

I don't collect Lego but the early 90's child in me is screaming for one of those Lego Sonic figures. Where the heck can I buy one in the UK?

As far as I know, Lego hasn't made a Sonic set so the first place to get a Sonic Minifig would be the Lego Dimensions set which comes out November 18.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Veotax posted:

As far as I know, Lego hasn't made a Sonic set so the first place to get a Sonic Minifig would be the Lego Dimensions set which comes out November 18.

£30, god drat.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Frankston posted:

£30, god drat.

I see you're not familiar with Lego prices, cause 30 pounds is a drop in the bucket compared to some stuff you can buy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol dropping that much money for the non canon version of sonic with the green eyes smdh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol dropping that much money for the non canon version of sonic with the green eyes smdh.

Excuse me, I think you'll find that Sonic Generations confirmed that both versions of Sonic are canon, one merely grows into the other.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Viewtiful Jew posted:

You couldn't just listen to that one where they sampled the Sega Saturn promo ad whenever you wanted.

Yeah, the remix of Super Sonic Racing? For some reason the OST version of that song doesn't have the ad sample at the beginning and this makes it strictly worse than the in-game version because now I am no longer "ready?...for the FUTURE!?"

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Lava Powerhouse is where it's at.

Spencer Nilsen, David J. Young, Mark "Sterling" Crew, Howard Drossin, and Brian Coburn did some nice Sonic CD are extended versions and Sonic Spinball are remixed music in Sonic the Hedgehog Boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-LjH5CIp6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN3FX8sL0Mc

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Are the Master System versions of the 8bit Sonic games available for download legally or in a collection somewhere?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Wii Virtual Console

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

e; fb

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are the Master System versions of the 8bit Sonic games available for download legally or in a collection somewhere?

Sonic 1, 2 and Chaos are available on the Wii Virtual Console (or were, I think Sonic 1 SMS was pulled for some reason, I don't know if it's still there).

You can get several of the Game Gear games on the 3DS VC, and you can unlock all the Game Gear games in Sonic Adventure DX for Gamecube. The Sonic Mega Collection and Gems Collection compilations also include a few of those games but maybe not all of them, I can't remember.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't understand their obsession with the Game Gear games. Why wouldn't they use the home console versions? Even on 3DS, the resolution is enough that you'd want the SMS version.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Most of the 8-bit Sonic games were either GG-exclusive or developed primarily for GG and then ported to SMS, and many of the SMS games weren't released in Japan or even NA so the GG versions are the ones most people are familiar with. Also, most of them suck and should stay in the vault.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
#13 Under Construction - DrumUltimA & Harmony
Sonic 1 - Star Light Zone, Spring Yard Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REe_tCIt9u8

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Crash Bandicoot could kick sonic's rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Crash Bandicoot could kick sonic's rear end

No way in hell.