Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Hey BL how's your solo Fukua career going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

10: alpha 2
9: kof '98
8: guilty gear xx
7: sonic the fighters
6: capcom vs snk 2

that's all i got

I am extremely upset that Jojo is not on that list.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is this girl swimming in a mobile blob of water?????

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yes

she's a grappler and the slime blob gets big buff arms to throw people around

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Endorph posted:

yes

That rules

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Archenteron posted:

Hey BL how's your solo Fukua career going?

There were 2 separate bets and the commentators got it backwards. I have to change my name in tournament to "butterFREE" until CEOtaku. I went 4-2 in tournament and Sharpie went 0-2, so she's the one who's character-locked to solo Fukua until CEOtaku.

Sharpie dropped the game instead.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/hitochiwawa/status/759318894985162753

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endorph posted:

yes

ah3 is so cool

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

god bless the flicker punches

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i tried to find woofycake's old ah3 vids a few weeks ago but I couldn't. that's been my arcana heart experience for the past 3 years

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Countblanc posted:

i tried to find woofycake's old ah3 vids a few weeks ago but I couldn't. that's been my arcana heart experience for the past 3 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIFBowxpQXY&hd=1

floor is lava

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
thank you

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Namco updates: TxSF officially "on hold" while they work on T7

T7 home port will have more chars that they haven't announced yet

T7 story mode will be fairly robust

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Zand posted:

ssf2 snes pause jingle request

oof oof oof Hey hey hey hey...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

so is ki pc multiplayer broken or what, it's not letting me connect to the servers. Rad.

You *have* to do a computer validation before it'll let you play online. Your PC must be at least this good to ride.

also post a trip report of your KI experience.

Battletoads had the best pause jingle, fyi.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Zand posted:

Sorry, I had the genesis version and a three-button controller so instead of pausing I had to change between punches and kicks

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Tournament starts in exactly two hours. Sign up here. Watch the stream here.

I will call which matches I will stream both in the Goon's Garder discord AND the twitch stream. When you are finished playing your matches for one round, do not move onto the next until I say so, unless you are in loses. I WILL be streaming losers finals however (and my inevitable run in losers).

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 4, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the discord channel to use for this?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Tournament starts in exactly one hour. Sign up here. Watch the stream here.

I will call which matches I will stream both in the Goon's Garder discord AND the twitch stream. When you are finished playing your matches for one round, do not move onto the next until I say so, unless you are in loses. I WILL be streaming losers finals however (and my inevitable run in losers).

You mean in two hours right?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the gameplay in AH3 is amazing. like, i really doubt that game is balanced at all, but laugh my loving rear end off at the air movement you don't even know till you've tried it.

shame about nearly everything else about the game tho

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Booyah- posted:

You mean in two hours right?

:doh:

NecroMonster posted:

the gameplay in AH3 is amazing. like, i really doubt that game is balanced at all, but laugh my loving rear end off at the air movement you don't even know till you've tried it.

shame about nearly everything else about the game tho

I'd want to get into Arcana Heart because it seems so unique. However, the fact that the game is so dead online and the underage characters dress too revealing.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 4, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i went to michigan event back in 2013 and went 0-2 in sf4 or something, I don't even remember, but then i played casuals in AH3 against the same guy with the same characters for 4 hours. all and all a good tournament

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

AH3 is the best dbz fighting game ever

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Why wouldn't AH3 be balanced? Arcana has always been one of the "relevant" competitive anime fighters when it was actively being worked on.

I mean yeah I guess a majority of those anime fighters that were played competitively for a year or two were very broken games (Hokuto no Ken, Fate Unlimited Codes, Sengoku Basara X), but by that metric a lot of the versions of Guilty Gear and Blazblue are probably much worse.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Update: learned that b.b.hood goes la la la~ when she walks forward. I'm hooked

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Countblanc posted:

i went to michigan event back in 2013 and went 0-2 in sf4 or something, I don't even remember, but then i played casuals in AH3 against the same guy with the same characters for 4 hours. all and all a good tournament

Once at a big e tournament my buddies were planning to roam the hotel for casuals but then we got completely sidetracked because The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was playing on tv

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

NecroMonster posted:

Psychic Force is better, but I will respect arguments that Psychic Force is more intended to be an X/1999 fighting game (which was then proven by the same group making an X/1999 fighting game that was literally a reskinned PF).

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

Has there ever been a legitimately good DBZ fighting game?

How was that Arc System Works/Namco 3DS game?

bad metaphors posted:

Update: learned that b.b.hood goes la la la~ when she walks forward. I'm hooked

Best character.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think endorph likes Budokai 3 but i really hate how it looks in motion. otherwise no i dont think so though UB27 is fun sometimes

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

If it was Michigan it was probably Greats. The guy is a monster at anything he puts his mind to.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Has there ever been a legitimately good DBZ fighting game?

Xenoverse is good and they're making a new one.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Some guys are making a mugen-based DBZ fighter that seems to have promise and it's got original sprites and animations and all that

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Thats badass

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zand posted:

truth

also now ki multiplayer working fine. 2-2 right now in the qualifiers

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Mintergalactic posted:

Some guys are making a mugen-based DBZ fighter that seems to have promise and it's got original sprites and animations and all that

Has there ever been a legitimately good M.U.G.E.N. game?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SaltyBet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I've been an Arcana Heart fan since the first game but I still haven't played Love Max (!!!!!!!) since I'm still mad they nerfed Fiona for no reason.

"Hey guys, let's take the worst character in the game and nerf her two best pokes" --Some rear end in a top hat at Examu

Actually, it seems like a continuing trend for Japanese developers to hand out a nerf to the lowest ranked character in updates (AH3, USF4, Pokken...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ASW just buffed Jam to a substantial degree at least, so there's hope