Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah my bet's on human/organ trafficking. It could be just online gambling, but that really feels like a step down for Mr Robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

It's probably going to be something horrible but I don't think that it will end up being the main conflict for this season. I don't think it necessarily fits into the larger stories.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

ApexAftermath posted:

Anyone else getting the feeling that Angela is going to get "Gideoned" at some point?

No. I feel like she's going to assassinate someone important though. Too many WW1 references in Price's office.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

precision posted:

I think Ray's online business will end up being contract killers - and it will turn out his site was used (possibly by Darlene) to hire the guy who killed Gideon.

You are not a very good contract killer if you shoot someone in the head at a crowded bar. I wrote Gideon off as a poor guy who got financially ruined since AllSafe took the blame for the ECorp hack.

I watched the second episode in pieces. Did Elliot and Ray play chess before he plays himself, and is it shown?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

hatelull posted:

You are not a very good contract killer if you shoot someone in the head at a crowded bar. I wrote Gideon off as a poor guy who got financially ruined since AllSafe took the blame for the ECorp hack.

I watched the second episode in pieces. Did Elliot and Ray play chess before he plays himself, and is it shown?

Yeah. Ray tells him that he's really terrible at chess and that they shouldn't even play each other anymore because he'll just win everytime

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah my bet's on human/organ trafficking. It could be just online gambling, but that really feels like a step down for Mr Robot.
It will go well with the whole "he is on dialysis" angle, yeah. Still, the leader of an organ traffic ring, unable to get a new kidney is kinda weird.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Toplowtech posted:

It will go well with the whole "he is on dialysis" angle, yeah. Still, the leader of an organ traffic ring, unable to get a new kidney is kinda weird.

Could be he's unable to get a replacement for various reasons, like a rare blood type.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Suits! The show you search for in Tivo to find the channel for Mr Robot because the name is shorter!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hey, I like Suits! Although this season has not been very good.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mr Robot's after show should be a pre-show that airs the next week before the new episode.

10:00PM DOMO ARIGAT
11:00PM MR. ROBOT

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The countdown has begun!

Steel mountain clues!

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 4, 2016

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Joanna is terrifying :stonk:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The saddest most pathetic dude.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Father of white rose.

nope thats white rose.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
There's no way Dom is from Teaneck, she's way too Italian for that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
White rose has a crazy high china government job.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Wow, Whiterose is deep in the Chinese government.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I'm glad they've given BD Wong a lot of material this season.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How can no one know he is white rose, you would think some guy who really like clocks would stand out.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm glad they've given BD Wong a lot of material this season.

Me too. BD Wong rules.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I half expected her to see Mr Robot

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
BD Wong was always a favorite of mine when I would watch SVU marathons with my family back in the day but drat he's taken this to another level.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Whelp I guess we were all right about Ray!

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
All this time people were speculating whether Ray was into human trafficking, contract killers, or illegal drugs. Turns out the answer was all of the above!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Gah human trafficking :gonk:

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Silkroad 3.0 really? Kind of a let down. Though I liked the dred_pirate nod

The call is coming from inside the house

joebuddah fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 4, 2016

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
So turns out Ray was into all of the bad poo poo. Just everything bad.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Jesus fuckin Christ.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Well that escalated quickly :stare:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

No.1 Special posted:

So turns out Ray was into all of the bad poo poo. Just everything bad.

This show is kinda racist. The black people were all drug dealers.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Let's commit an act of war! :haw:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

geeves posted:

Gah human trafficking :gonk:

I called it.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

Jesus fuckin Christ.

HorseRenoir posted:

Well that escalated quickly :stare:

Holy. poo poo.

This. loving. Show.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I have to stop watching this show late at night

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

Joanna is terrifying :stonk:

gently caress yes she is. That scene was cold as gently caress.

The ending. :vince: :vince: :vince: :vince:

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 4, 2016

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jesus CHRIST

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Welp someones dialysis machine is getting hacked.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If the illegal site was invite only, why were the human slave pictures even censored?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

If the illegal site was invite only, why were the human slave pictures even censored?

You know that's one of those things I'm not terribly desperate to pursue as subject. Now the silly TV/movie style silenced pistol in the faux-home invasion on the other hand...

Edit: For something less glib, there's a pretty interesting symmetry between WhiteRose and Darlene. They're both leading hacking groups with relatively serious agendas (although seemingly utterly opposed to each in terms of ideology) while both being constrained by playing an expected role (strong security minister, strong revolutionary leader) while desperately wanting something else. I suppose you can extend that out to Angela as well although she seems a lot more amateurish in her attempts with the affirmations and everything else about her new position in life. They're also doing a drat good job with holding out on Tyrell, dude needs to show up and explain what the gently caress happened already.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Tenzarin posted:

Could be one of those "the characters are seeing it uncensored but we're blurring it out for the TV show viewers," kind of like how f-bombs are bleeped and whatnot.

• Locked thread