Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
This is going to be the raddest webcomic battle ever to occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

paranoid randroid posted:

i like to imagine that, among the Train of Idiots, theres a very confused noodle vendor who got swept up in all the excitement and has no idea whats going on, but he can hardly complain about having such steady business

And his coming shall be followed by 108 Boiling Soups

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Just an ever-escalating itinerant battle that breaks out every time Allison holds still long enough for everyone she's met previously to catch up

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
https://youtu.be/TjcPVwJWibc?t=22

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I love how quickly this went from 'Guards catching up to Alison' to 'Guards getting owned by Maya' to 'Guards in a panicked huddle with guns pointing everywhere because poo poo just got real'.

What happened to Eris-Lo (the guy who stood on his sword and basically said 'come at me' in the original standoff)? I don't think he died on panel, but I don't seem him here. Maybe he's getting noodles and will turn up in the second wave.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Hes there in the middle, next to the guy with the rings and below the guy with 3 floating heads. He threw the knife at Mathangi

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Super Waffle posted:

Hes there in the middle, next to the guy with the rings and below the guy with 3 floating heads. He threw the knife at Mathangi

He's lucky he still draws breath on that account.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Which wall did giant baby smash through? I can't find the crane guy anywhere in the big spread.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

ConfusedUs posted:

Which wall did giant baby smash through? I can't find the crane guy anywhere in the big spread.

I think it's behind the viewer perspective--none of the group whose positions you know relative to Hrotomos show up in the big spread.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think the sleepy-eyed woman and her bug friend are also out of the spread, because I'm not finding them there, on that topic. Or I'm really unobservant, one of the two.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
On the downside I was sort of hoping one of the 108 would be some sort of symbiote creature, skewing the count, thus giving us only twenty or so actual pursuers with hopefully more back story. But if we're going to get close to that number here, or have already reached it at least we should get some carnage.

Hope the baby didn't choke the chicken :/

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Jormagund posted:

Hope the baby didn't choke the chicken :/

I don't think this mean what you think it means!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
While there may actually be 108 of them (I have not counted), 108 is also a significant religious number on its own, especially in Hinduism and Buddhism, both of which have clearly influenced the comic. (Look up either and you will see the number 108 over and over again; it's the number of names of Shiva, the number of Buddhist afflictions, the number of beads in a mala, etc.)

So I guess I'm saying, yeah, there might literally be 108, but it's also just as likely to be metaphorical, like in some Chinese texts where you'll see the number "ten thousand" used to mean "lots and lots".

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

While there may actually be 108 of them (I have not counted), 108 is also a significant religious number on its own, especially in Hinduism and Buddhism, both of which have clearly influenced the comic. (Look up either and you will see the number 108 over and over again; it's the number of names of Shiva, the number of Buddhist afflictions, the number of beads in a mala, etc.)

So I guess I'm saying, yeah, there might literally be 108, but it's also just as likely to be metaphorical, like in some Chinese texts where you'll see the number "ten thousand" used to mean "lots and lots".

And the number of bandits in Water Margin. :3:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
How trite.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

JuniperCake posted:

And the number of bandits in Water Margin. :3:

I already made a Suikoden joke and no one noticed :colbert:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

idonotlikepeas posted:

It could very easily be literal, because I think I count 59 unique pursuers in that page alone.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I imagine that the number of pursuers fluctuates a lot, growing as they chase after Allison and more people follow them, and then you get a massive culling as a bunch of them die off when they find her and FIGHT TIME breaks out. The weak get weeded out of the pack,and the strong continue to hone their skills (and as word spreads stronger and stronger people join the chase) until you've got a solid core of 108 of the mightiest warriors in all of existence who chase after Allison and it's barely even about the key anymore it's just what they do.

And of course as the veterans travel together, that mutual loathing turns into a strange kind of respect, and if an outsider thinks they're going to kill a member of the group they've got another thing coming because half of the Pursuers are determined that they will be the one to finish that bastard off at the next Fight and no two-bit sword master is going to take that away from them.

Aesma would loving love the whole thing.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Ze Pollack posted:

unfortunately the Monster Factory/Kill Six Billion Demons crossover has yet to happen, outside of this preliminary exercise in the Aesthetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIqmUR_GJ_U

though to be fair Hrotomos would absolutely be the kind of thing they cooked up for a Second Life episode given enough time

This guy could definitely be some kind of Servant, despite the fact that he looks just like Bart.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
also hrotomos please do not eat mr bird man

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
More Tumblr answers:

quote:

I must ask- what is the baby shaped thing in the most recent page? Is it a type of servant? A construct? (Also, all of this is excellent. But you knew that.)

quote:

he’s a rowdy fightboy looking for some good old fashioned fun anon

quote:

Is the giant baby (Hrotomos?) a baby of their species or an adult that simply looks like a human baby?

quote:

To answer this question more seriously, I like the idea that’s Hrotomos is a baby, but from a race that spends a thousand years to mature, and nine hundred years of that in their infancy - so he is physically a giant baby, but with the mental faculties of a hundred-year-old or so.

I don’t have hugely elaborate backstories for the Pursuers as I draw them, I kind of just draw what suits my fancy as a cool design. But it’s really fun after the fact to think about where they could come from.

quote:

What does Jadis even want anymore?

quote:

Very sincerely: to die.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere, et cum illi pueri dicerent: Σίβυλλα τί θέλεις; respondebat illa: ἀποθανεῖν θέλω."

"For I indeed once saw with my own eyes the Sibyl at Cumae hanging in her jar, and when the boys asked her, 'Sibyl, what do you want?' she answered 'I want to die'."

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Archenteron posted:

"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere, et cum illi pueri dicerent: Σίβυλλα τί θέλεις; respondebat illa: ἀποθανεῖν θέλω."

"For I indeed once saw with my own eyes the Sibyl at Cumae hanging in her jar, and when the boys asked her, 'Sibyl, what do you want?' she answered 'I want to die'."

HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME

atomicthumbs posted:

also hrotomos please do not eat mr bird man

I'm kind of hoping he uses him as a club to hit someone else with.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
i am very interested in the back stories of incidental characters.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

This is like the elaborate Star Wars trivia about characters that spent half a second on screen.

But good.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

idonotlikepeas posted:

I'm kind of hoping he uses him as a club to hit someone else with.

Seeing as he might actually be an enormous baby, I kind of hope that he makes the Crane guy his lovey/comfort object and just carries him around tucked under his arm and occasionally throws him when he gets pissed (its ok, Crane can fly, right?). I mean even if he has advanced mental faculties he might still be emotionally an infant in many ways.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

nimby posted:

This is like the elaborate Star Wars trivia about characters that spent half a second on screen.

But good.

I think we can all agree Episode VIII and IX could only be improved by Rey stealing Allison's thunder and gaining a posse of 108 bounty hunters always chasing her.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I think we can all agree Episode VIII and IX could only be improved by Rey stealing Allison's thunder and gaining a posse of 108 bounty hunters always chasing her.

also by Kylo Ren being a giant baby

oh wait he already is :twisted:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Does anyone else hear the crane going "Buh-GAWWWK" like in a looney tunes farm cartoon as the giant baby picks him up?

"I will love him and care for him and call him George."

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

also by Kylo Ren being a giant baby

oh wait he already is :twisted:

Kilo Ren is unironically my favorite Star Wars character.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I put a piece of masking tape over "Darth Vader" on my vader crew card and wrote Kylo Ren instead. The crew ability is perfect for Kylo.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

I put a piece of masking tape over "Darth Vader" on my vader crew card and wrote Kylo Ren instead. The crew ability is perfect for Kylo.

for those of you who do not play tiny space figurine games, in the X-Wing dogfighting game Darth Vader comes in two flavors: a really good pilot of his ship from A New Hope, or a crew card you can put on an imperial ship carrying crew, normally a shuttle.

he does a shitton of damage to whatever ship he is riding in to do a critical hit on the ship his ship was shooting at.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I have no idea how I posted to this thread. Rofl.

So, uh, how bout that giant baby?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What about me? :confused:

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
I think eventually back stories will develop for each of the pursuers, and the best part? it's all canon, especially the parts that aren't

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A giant orange baby named Hrotomos

When he finally matures into adulthood, do we call him

Hrotomos Prime

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Phy posted:

A giant orange baby named Hrotomos

When he finally matures into adulthood, do we call him

Hrotomos Prime

Hrotomos Past His Prime

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

December Octopodes posted:

I think eventually back stories will develop for each of the pursuers, and the best part? it's all canon, especially the parts that aren't

consider: there is no such thing as canon

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
In a twist it turns out that it's all Kanun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

consider: there is no such thing as canon

There are such things as cannons, though.