Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Syrian Lannister posted:

Herc report please. Also how does Monte handle being near Herc?

I went by last night and nobody answered the door. I'm gonna check back sometime this afternoon( waiting on my landlord to do my quarterly inspection rn) I don't know the owner's schedule but I seem to see him around mostly in the evenings, so maybe he was just out last night idk.

(But I did throw a couple milk bones over the fence and Herc was very thankful :) )

Monty has never had a face to face with Herc, but Monty wants to be everybody's pal (except cats, he would rather torture cats) so my concern isn't on his end. But a dog that isn't socialized and constantly chained up? Regardless of breed, that's where my concern is. So it'll be a situation where I probably leash Monty up to something and slowly creep Herc up to see how things go.

Hopefully I can have some rad stories in the future.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Good luck chain gang pupper

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Anyone who chains up a dog in a fenced area is a piece of poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I took a shot in the dark about 20 minutes ago and the guy was home. I offered to walk his dog a few times a week (as many days a week as he would allow) and he asked for my number and said he would call if he needs it.

I get the feeling it was one of those "no, but I don't want to directly say no" answers, but I'm hoping if I ask him every time I see him that we will break some ground.

Not really sure what else to do at this point.

Maybe I'm being overly paranoid but I feel like he might be treating this dog like this for malicious purposes. I have no proof and no evidence really, just a gut instinct. I have no idea how to raise a fighting dog but I feel like isolating them would be a big part of it?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It sounds more like he's using him as a guard dog.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Possibly. I tend to overreact and assume the worst when it comes to stuff like this though. If he's training him to be a guard dog that means he will eventually come off the chain though...

...right?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
dogges deserve all the pets, most people don't deserve dogs

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mike-o posted:

dogges deserve all the pets, most people don't deserve dogs

Truer words have never been spoken.

Cole, if it helps tell the owner the internet forums are for your walking Herc.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TBeats posted:

Possibly. I tend to overreact and assume the worst when it comes to stuff like this though. If he's training him to be a guard dog that means he will eventually come off the chain though...

...right?

Don't get me wrong, I think the way he's treating the dog is still lovely, just maybe not fighting dog levels of lovely.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

Don't get me wrong, I think the way he's treating the dog is still lovely, just maybe not fighting dog levels of lovely.

Which is fair. In retrospect I'm definitely overreacting and making him a guard dog seems like a more appropriate theory.

And I'm probably ruining his training if that's the case, but I'm still going to say hi to him and throw him milk bones every day.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Have this video as a consolation prize and also as the place I would kidnap Herc to in a heartbeat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8l-QocR_zg

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

TBeats posted:

Have this video as a consolation prize and also as the place I would kidnap Herc to in a heartbeat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8l-QocR_zg

Whelp, hello future vacation spot.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

MY DAGGE

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Awesome dogges, always.

:buddy:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ah yes, must be summer

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
:swoon:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Pette all these dogges!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
rip bellyflop pupper

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

rip bellyflop pupper

The longer version exists and has him happily dogge paddling back to shore

http://i.imgur.com/EBCe0dI.mp4

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Did someone say summer? Started taking Ollie to the dog park, his favorite features are 1) fellow dogges, followed very very closely by 2) the scattered baby dogge pools. In between every action he jumps in and chills for a couple minutes

water husky, that's a first for me

Ollie :love: this girl

bonus super lazy seb

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Monty is loving TERRIFIED of water I have learned. And part of it is I think is how he usually ends up in water.

I got him in September 2014 when he was five weeks. I took him to my aunt's house for thanksgiving. I was letting him run around and he ran towards my aunt's pool. I tried to catch up but he was too fast. He obviously expected the clear stuff to be solid, because he ran into the pool as if he planned on Jesus walking across the pool. Freaked him out.

Well... Today I was taking him for a walk. Took him to the corner of my apartment complex and let him off the leash to poop. He saw a bird and decided to chase it and ran, in the same fashion as thanksgiving, right into a two foot lake that has filled from the last several days of rain.

God dammit. Now he's probably got zika or some poo poo.

Baths are fine though. He's miserable, but puts up with it. Thank god because we had to cut our loving walk short so that I could bath his stinky, muddy, soaking wet rear end.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

This dog.

I like him.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
http://i.imgur.com/h6UcroP.gifv

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

An allegory of life.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Traditionally this physics demonstration is done with a tennis ball and a basketball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAbUVLO8rlI&t=604s

Dogge picture for the dogge thread:

Einstein trying to figure out how to use the dog bed my mother has for her malteses.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nah he's just resting his dick on the tile. corgis love to do that. Dakota sleeps half on brick half on carpet like that all the time.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://i.imgur.com/hTSLlAi.mp4

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

http://i.imgur.com/hU69aAT.mp4

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

TBeats posted:

Monty is loving TERRIFIED of water I have learned. And part of it is I think is how he usually ends up in water.

I got him in September 2014 when he was five weeks. I took him to my aunt's house for thanksgiving. I was letting him run around and he ran towards my aunt's pool. I tried to catch up but he was too fast. He obviously expected the clear stuff to be solid, because he ran into the pool as if he planned on Jesus walking across the pool. Freaked him out.

Well... Today I was taking him for a walk. Took him to the corner of my apartment complex and let him off the leash to poop. He saw a bird and decided to chase it and ran, in the same fashion as thanksgiving, right into a two foot lake that has filled from the last several days of rain.

God dammit. Now he's probably got zika or some poo poo.

Baths are fine though. He's miserable, but puts up with it. Thank god because we had to cut our loving walk short so that I could bath his stinky, muddy, soaking wet rear end.

Linus loves the water until he can't touch the bottom anymore.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Gabe's rendition of Do the Hustle has a challenger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i11RMG_U3R4

EDIT :sweden::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYiDjgzjnw8

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 4, 2016

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jelly is not liking this trip to the vet

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM9yDQMpn0c

gently caress you it's getting dusty in here and poo poo :unsmith:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Descended from the Proud and Majestic wolf, remember.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pesticide20 posted:

Jelly is not liking this trip to the vet

I don't think you're ready for this, Jelly.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mak0rz posted:

I don't think you're ready for this, Jelly.

She did fine by the end. Just a bad ear infection that got cleaned out and some medicine applied to it. Her ears were badly cropped (tail was docked, too) somewhere in Israel before she was rescued, so it's going to be something she has to learn to deal with for the rest of her life.

She doesn't seem too bothered this morning

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Docking a dog's tails and ears is like giving a person permanent botox-face.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Pesticide20 posted:

She did fine by the end. Just a bad ear infection that got cleaned out and some medicine applied to it. Her ears were badly cropped (tail was docked, too) somewhere in Israel before she was rescued, so it's going to be something she has to learn to deal with for the rest of her life.

Are her ears only ~1/2 inch? I thought they were just folded back because she was scared in the first picture. Give Jelly some head pets for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Pesticide20 posted:

Why are you taking pictures instead of rubbing that Jelly belly??!