Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
Yeah this is basically the SRW/Gundam game thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, quote the OP:

the OP posted:

I want to talk about other Japanese robot games in this thread!
Ok.

Speaking of which, it's probably time for a new OP, or maybe a new thread, to celebrate the imminent English release... What do you guys think?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'd be down for that, give it a subtitle like "Now with games you can actually read!" or something.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Streaming Sakura Wars: Atsuki Chisho Ni today, starting now!

Edit: Stream over, we almost managed to displace Sakura from the top slot at the very end with Kohran

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 5, 2016

KoB
May 1, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I'd be down for that, give it a subtitle like "Now with gwames you can actually read!" or something.

Fixed to be Bamco compliant.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

I'd be down for that, give it a subtitle like "Now with games you can actually read!" or something.
Maybe we should wait until that one is released before we decide whether we can actually read it or not.

edit: are there any screenshots or videos anywhere that are known to be from the final English version of the game?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 4, 2016

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe we should wait until that one is released before we decide whether we can actually read it or not.

edit: are there any screenshots or videos anywhere that are known to be from the final English version of the game?

I have faith the translations for MD and V will be perfectly understandable to English audiences and players will approach recognizable favorites like the Psybaster and Wevangelion First Machine without issue.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

GimmickMan posted:

Wevangelion

Now I'm stuck with the image of Elmer Fudd piloting a mech.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of that, has anyone else seen Shin Godzilla? It's so Evangelion at times it's nuts.

edit: on IMAX. I am considering seeing it again. They talk really fast and I know I didn't catch everything. Also the change from its third to fourth form is a hell of a thing to see.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 5, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Speaking of that, has anyone else seen Shin Godzilla? It's so Evangelion at times it's nuts.

God drat it you bastard I want to see it so bad. :smith:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Moon Dwellers is up on the Singapore PSN store.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Ethiser posted:

Moon Dwellers is up on the Singapore PSN store.

I came here to post this, here's a link

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-sg/games/super-robot-wars-og-the-moon-dwellers/cid=HP0700-CUSA04713_00-SPRBWA25OGMD2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If any of you are going in on the digital version, can you stream it on Twitch/direct from PS4/some other source? Just sitting here waiting for Play-Asia to ship my thing and would like to at least see it in action.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

If any of you are going in on the digital version, can you stream it on Twitch/direct from PS4/some other source? Just sitting here waiting for Play-Asia to ship my thing and would like to at least see it in action.

The game blocks streaming so you'll need someone who has a capture card or similar.

I'm having a horrible day tomorrow and already bought my cards so I'll probably play a bunch tonight to try to distract myself and I'll try to post some screenshots good or bad.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 5, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SRW time!

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 5, 2016

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

ImpAtom posted:

SRW time!

Oh, come on now...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

Oh, come on now...

You're getting about what you expected it looks like.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I love it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Another set of skill translations in case you were doubting it.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
It's exactly what everyone predicted when an SEA English version was announced and what we've been seeing indications of since the first screenshots.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Super Robot Wars OG Moon Dwellers: increase the soup

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

You're getting about what you expected it looks like.

Eeeh, this one isn't as bad as Gyokuza Ki.

It's literally the loving Throne Mech/Unit/Machine/Whatever! It doesn't get any more basic than that!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the people working on this translation 100% have barely any knowledge of japanese, a fifth grader's knowledge of english, and no support from the official developers or any sort of budget for editing or proofreading. Cut them some slack. It falls on the publisher to make sure that the things it releases are high quality, not on the translators to slap something quality together with no resources, training, or assistance. If you wanna get mad at somebody, get mad at Bamco for pushing out a shoddy product to make money off an under served region.

At least they aren't going to push it onto the actual US PSN like they did with SAO.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
With this crabstick, I will translate Super Robot Wars.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Televisio Frankus posted:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

Eeeh, this one isn't as bad as Gyokuza Ki.

It's literally the loving Throne Mech/Unit/Machine/Whatever! It doesn't get any more basic than that!
Just call it the Throne, jeez.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Televisio Frankus posted:

And there's the title of the new thread, Samurai Sanders! :toot:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Endorph posted:

If you wanna get mad at somebody, get mad at Bamco for pushing out a shoddy product to make money off an under served region.

This is the actual answer. I will not refrain from joking about crabstick, though. It's too good

increase the soup

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Wait, were there people not looking forward to All Engrish Everything SRW?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

And there's the title of the new thread, Samurai Sanders! :toot:
I'm hesitant to name it that since I didn't even know that reference when I first heard it.

Anyway I am at the travel agent buying tickets to Beijing right now but when I get done I think I will make a new thread with a relatively simple OP, unless someone else makes one before then.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have a ton of sympathy for someone being asked to translate THIS MUCH fluff.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Honestly, if the translation gets anywhere near Dragonar's HK subs then I will buy the game ASAP. I just want to hear someone telling Ryusei that they'll send him to the Netherlands.

I unironically love poor translations if they're not TV-N "Everyone-sama" level.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For the most part it isn't that level. It's basically passable with moments of low quality.Not good but not incoherent, as far as I am.

"Earth's status: poo poo never stops invading, ever."

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I have a ton of sympathy for someone being asked to translate THIS MUCH fluff.

Oh, they actually did that? Color me surprised.

I could complain that it's Zehirut Crystals but, honestly, I doubt even Banpresto knows the actual Jewish word.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

For the most part it isn't that level. It's basically passable with moments of low quality.Not good but not incoherent, as far as I am.

"Earth's status: poo poo never stops invading, ever."

That's both a relief and kind of depressing. That image makes me want Earth Defense Force in an SRW now, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It also does the honorific thing if that really bugs you. (Sorry if I'm over-posting, but I figure people are curious about the translation quality.)

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Brunom1 posted:

Oh, they actually did that? Color me surprised.

I could complain that it's Zehirut Crystals but, honestly, I doubt even Banpresto knows the actual Jewish word.

http://www.meaningaz.com/what-does-stand-for/zfylud

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It also does the honorific thing if that really bugs you. (Sorry if I'm over-posting, but I figure people are curious about the translation quality.)

Honestly, following the First and Second Gyokuza Ki Impact, these aren't as bad as I was expecting everything else to... so far.

My guess is the worst offenders will come from the in-battle lines since those are usually the ones more likely to have suppressed bits.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/daimpatom

Streaming a bit here if anyone wants to see it in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Gyoza Ki

Caphi fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 5, 2016

• Locked thread