Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

quake is the only true esport, everyone else just plays games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm considering playing Q1 singleplayer again, but i've also been thinking about the original deus ex too, since i've only finished that once

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started the Q1 campaign recently but only cleared one level before putting it down and playing Doom again. I'll have to play that next week, I assume it's pretty short as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I strongly suggest folks watch at least the 2nd map of the video I posted, it's awesome.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I strongly suggest folks watch at least the 2nd map of the video I posted, it's awesome.

fatal1ty is the master, people are too quick to forget it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well he gets trashed on the 2nd map of that. It makes me sad that phrantic in QL isn't as good of a map, probably because there's no slide.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i also enjoyed hearing discuss on stream why he liked painkiller so much (no railgun) in his goofy as voice

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i also enjoyed hearing discuss on stream why he liked painkiller so much (no railgun) in his goofy as voice

I remember watching him whup rear end on a 1v12 on DM17 and being fairly Chill about it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Well he gets trashed on the 2nd map of that. It makes me sad that phrantic in QL isn't as good of a map, probably because there's no slide.

i remember the game now. he hits the point he knows he isnt going to win and uses it to practice stuff and reset for the next map lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I remember watching him whup rear end on a 1v12 on DM17 and being fairly Chill about it.

id liek to see that. :worship: :worship:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually it was probably not vs 12 people but whatever...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's funny hearing 2GD be such a cooller fanboy on the video, I forgot about that lmao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Too bad he turned into a Dota AIDS loser.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

It's funny hearing 2GD be such a cooller fanboy on the video, I forgot about that lmao.

i will always love cooller

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Same. This is cool and the video that made me want to start playing QL. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jxAyd4-M0

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just remembered that not only did Spambot convert me into a PC Gamer but she's the one who posted that video to demonstrate why Quake is awesome, thus also converting me into a Quake fanboy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58 This companion piece is epic as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Got myself on a classic quake tourney videos kick again... :dukedoge: Hell, that's the way it goes sometimes mates.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Got myself on a classic quake tourney videos kick again... :dukedoge: Hell, that's the way it goes sometimes mates.

Sometimes I rewatch Evo VODs of unremarkable matches that I remember watching 4 years ago lol.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Sometimes I rewatch Evo VODs of unremarkable matches that I remember watching 4 years ago lol.

I go on old EVO marathons all the time.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

ultimates are going to ruin quake dueling forever lol

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
quake 2 lithium with offhand grapple and runes was the pinnacle of multiplayer FPS gaming

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i trust fatal1ty with my life

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lowtax posted:

quake 2 lithium with offhand grapple and runes was the pinnacle of multiplayer FPS gaming

i liked the grappling hook in chaosut and also seeing people try to use the bastard sword on ctf-face

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

i trust fatal1ty with my life

please do not post this picture. every time i see it i immediately buy a crate of cashews of chaos

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

you had me at mega turrican stage 1-1

good taste, Rich

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

no they will not posted:

please do not post this picture. every time i see it i immediately buy a crate of cashews of chaos

nuts of destruction fan myself

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

absolutely anything posted:

nuts of destruction fan myself

Deez nuts lol

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

its cool tha its also a soccer game too

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Wormskull posted:

I just remembered that not only did Spambot convert me into a PC Gamer but she's the one who posted that video to demonstrate why Quake is awesome, thus also converting me into a Quake fanboy.

So spambot's mission was not in vain

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull posted:

The long con.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i'm considering playing Q1 singleplayer again, but i've also been thinking about the original deus ex too, since i've only finished that once

i used to every year play through hl1 quake1 and doom1&2 at least twice...
the hoyl trinty of game

never finished deus ex though i should get on that also Score.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

My first fps was counter strike so I really feel I missed something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mine was COD4

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mine was wolfenstein 3d

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

playing wolfenstein on a computer as a toddler ftw lol