Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
On the one hand, I have the game downloading as I type this! On the other hand, I have rural United States internet, so it'll likely take a few hours. On the gripping hand, I have to be at work early in the morning so the slow download speed is more or less irrelevant.

Looking forward to playing some SRW I can (vaguely) understand, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Policenaut posted:

I love it.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Caphi posted:

Gyoza Ki

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It also does the honorific thing if that really bugs you. (Sorry if I'm over-posting, but I figure people are curious about the translation quality.)

I might not ever play this version so the screenshots are super welcome.

Ditto story spoilers.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Doesn't look totally in shambles thankfully.

Thanks for streaming!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, translation looks perfectly serviceable! Thanks for the stream mang.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, translation looks perfectly serviceable!

"Ameba Yaro"

KoB
May 1, 2009
Streaming from the beginning.

https://www.twitch.tv/agentkingofbraves

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

SRW time!

The grammar on the second one seems weird at first, but I think it's meant to be like "If we take the thrusting force away, even if it's the Gyokuza Ki then....." ? Maybe? They just left off the leading "......."? Which isn't so bad in that way at least.

I was watching the demo reel and thought "this is fine, this is fine!" and then a lady said "You don't need any bargain" when she was attacked and now this is a rollercoaster.

Shouko speaks in the third person also? Red text seems super pixelly for some reason and I could open an infinite loop of Zovork > Privy Council > Zovork > Privy Council keyword screens.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 5, 2016

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Hokuto posted:

"Ameba Yaro"

:staredog:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It's not even "Itsuzoya no Ameba Yaro"?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Looking at this translation I guess naming the thread "now in Singlish" would be pretty insulting to Singlish speakers.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
So far the translation is just ropey enough to be charming and have that exact sort of feel while also being understandable for everything except "You don't need any bargain" when getting attacked. Anybody have any idea what that's supposed to be? Fu Lu says it in the attract mode or whatever it is when you don't press anything.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The new srw villain, that drat mashed sweetened chestnut fella

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hivac posted:

The new srw villain, that drat mashed sweetened chestnut fella

Who?! :vince:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

So, I looked and that's 栗きんとん野郎.

I think what is truly making my mind boggle is figuring out why Kouta gave that nickname to Crystal Dragoon. Is it meant as a very loose pun?

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 5, 2016

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Oh my holy poo poo they actually went and translated Vaisaga's 五大剣 word for word (SWORD OF THE BIG FIVE) I was only joking with the Ship Cleaving Sword thing gently caress

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

Oh my holy poo poo they actually went and translated Vaisaga's 五大剣 word for word (SWORD OF THE BIG FIVE) I was only joking with the Ship Cleaving Sword thing gently caress

To be fair, Sword of the Big Five is a pretty sweet band name.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
argh I closed the stream but I'm still getting reports in from a friend still watching

"Einst, zwei, dry!"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
One of these quotes from the game will become part of the new thread title but I can't decide which one yet.

Now that I have my tickets to Beijing to hopefully help dig up some ancient Chinese machine gods, I'm going to start working on the new OP.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hokuto posted:

argh I closed the stream but I'm still getting reports in from a friend still watching

"Einst, zwei, dry!"

Okay that is perfect.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

One of these quotes from the game will become part of the new thread title but I can't decide which one yet.

Now that I have my tickets to Beijing to hopefully help dig up some ancient Chinese machine gods, I'm going to start working on the new OP.

You've got your work cut out for you. Godspeed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thanks for watching the stream all!

Honestly, the thing this translation most reminds me of is watching some old moderate-quality HK fansubs. That's about the level you get but it's oddly nostalgic to me. Like I said, it's something I'd consider low-quality if it was an official release but if you know what you're in for it's... not good but you get what I mean.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Super Robot Wars: Entering The Age of Fatso

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

"He's quite tenacious isn't it." Couldn't keep a pronoun for one sentence?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

Thanks for watching the stream all!

Honestly, the thing this translation most reminds me of is watching some old moderate-quality HK fansubs. That's about the level you get but it's oddly nostalgic to me. Like I said, it's something I'd consider low-quality if it was an official release but if you know what you're in for it's... not good but you get what I mean.

You have the patience of a saint playing all of this twice while dealing with MD's skill points.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
This translation was exactly what I wanted.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm gonna go with "Einst, zwei, dry!" for the title unless something REALLY good comes up in a bit.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Eh, its like 90% legible from what I've seen. Rough edges do very much exist, but gently caress it, SRW in English for the first time since the GBA (EF doesn't count). If I can follow most of the plot without having to do a triple take I'm happy.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
HK subs is how I described it to my girlfriend and then I found myself trying to explain HK subs and then gave up. If you watched enough HK subs you get sort of like the structure and ability to parse its hilarity.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is someone able to upload a short but representative bit of gameplay (i.e. not just combat animations) from English Moon Dwellers to Youtube for the new thread OP?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Confirmed yesssss

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Caphi posted:

Confirmed yesssss
Forgot about this one, I think it will go in the title. It's just so indicative of robot anime.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
New thread is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I just got through playing tale of wuxia for a week so this tier translation is totally fine in my warped perspective.

• Locked thread