Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Karate Bastard posted:

Can you imagine if Hitler had a unibrow? I just want to know if you can.

I keep trying, but no I can't even imagine it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Very well then

Sharkface posted:

i had a beard and idgaf, so here's my imitation of what it would look like.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Roro posted:

It's possible for the body to just not show a bump. Maybe the baby is too close to the spine, maybe it's small. There's been numerous stories about this sort of thing over the years, and not always from fatter women. Bodies are weird and gross and they should just stop being a thing, let's all transcend our physical forms instead.

"Huh, haven't gotten a period in over half a year.....meh, probably nothing."

*gives birth in an IHOP bathroom

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Tiggum posted:

That's literally what happens in the films though?

no it doesn't you loving nerds, the droids are controlled by those racist-chinese-stereotype alien guys and at no time do they ever rise up against them.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
If you basic bitches had even watched episode 2 you would know droids lack sentience because Kenobi talks to that greasy alien who runs the space diner about this very thing! The scene clearly illustrates automation as threat to the working class and how Marx is good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

no it doesn't you loving nerds, the droids are controlled by those racist-chinese-stereotype alien guys and at no time do they ever rise up against them.

The guys from the first film who don't show up at all in the rest of the trilogy? I watched those films when they came out and never since, but weren't the droid separatists and the trade federation two entirely separate groups both secretly being influenced by Palpatine? You could be right, I don't claim to have any kind of in-depth knowledge of the films, but the impression I got was that everyone thought Grievous was absolutely in charge of the droids and they were a distinct group fighting for independence from the republic. The trade federation blockading Naboo was a whole separate thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tiggum posted:

The guys from the first film who don't show up at all in the rest of the trilogy? I watched those films when they came out and never since, but weren't the droid separatists and the trade federation two entirely separate groups both secretly being influenced by Palpatine? You could be right, I don't claim to have any kind of in-depth knowledge of the films, but the impression I got was that everyone thought Grievous was absolutely in charge of the droids and they were a distinct group fighting for independence from the republic. The trade federation blockading Naboo was a whole separate thing.

The Trade Federation were part of the Seperatists. It was made of a collection of various groups all expecting Darth Sidious to make them obscenely powerful and wealthy.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Nope, the Trade Federation starts the Separatist movement. Rather than organic soldiers, they use droids. Grievous is a cyborg. Palpatine is manipulating both sides to give himself more and more power.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The super racist chinese alien dudes do show up in Attack of the Clones, at least. I think they show up in the third too. I don't know. I haven't seen them in 10+ years and I'm not about to waste my time trying now.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
There are no "droid separatists" wtf are you talking about Tiggum

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah those racist af nemoidians show up in all the prequels and they never get less racist.

Their names rule tho

Nute Gunray (Newt Gingrich + Ronald Reagan)

Lott Dod (Trent Lott + Chris Dodd)

Also Grievous' ship is called the Invisible Hand lol

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The Separatists include the Chinese stereotypes and also the Muppets in that one meeting that Obi-Wan spies on in Episode II. The droids are remote-controlled, which is the entire basis of Episode I's ending.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Welp I did my best. You know what why don't we all spend a few minutes and stare into goatse and ponder the realities of life, and maybe we can not keep having this discussion after?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hello from the gas chamber

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fury Road was loving awful, and it had nothing to do with Furiosa being "more than a sex toy." It was just a lovely movie. Most of the friends I have who saw the movie also think it's poo poo, and the closest any of them come to being MRAs is occasionally holding a door for a strong, independent woman even though she is capable of holding it for herself. It's actually possible to not like a crappy movie because it's a crappy movie, and not due to some deep-seated hatred of women. I'd go so far as to say that the vast majority of people who dislike crappy movies like Fury Road are reasonably normal, well-adjusted people, and the misogynist assholes who aren't satisfied by the other three literal sex toys featured in the film are what they've always been: a very loud, very stupid, and very small minority. There are plenty of people who actually do care about the integrity of a movie series they'd previously enjoyed, and there is plenty to dislike in Fury Road on that basis, alone. The childish need to divide the world into "horrible shitbags" and "people who agree with me" is tiresome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat, Adele took that last one hard.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Fury Road was loving awful, and it had nothing to do with Furiosa being "more than a sex toy." It was just a lovely movie. Most of the friends I have who saw the movie also think it's poo poo, and the closest any of them come to being MRAs is occasionally holding a door for a strong, independent woman even though she is capable of holding it for herself. It's actually possible to not like a crappy movie because it's a crappy movie, and not due to some deep-seated hatred of women. I'd go so far as to say that the vast majority of people who dislike crappy movies like Fury Road are reasonably normal, well-adjusted people, and the misogynist assholes who aren't satisfied by the other three literal sex toys featured in the film are what they've always been: a very loud, very stupid, and very small minority. There are plenty of people who actually do care about the integrity of a movie series they'd previously enjoyed, and there is plenty to dislike in Fury Road on that basis, alone. The childish need to divide the world into "horrible shitbags" and "people who agree with me" is tiresome.
I'm not getting any results when I google this

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The Separatists include the Chinese stereotypes and also the Muppets in that one meeting that Obi-Wan spies on in Episode II. The droids are remote-controlled, which is the entire basis of Episode I's ending.

And Anakin slaughters all of them on that lava planet in Revenge of the Sith in like, the one cool scene for him.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The droids who were fighting against the Republic. I guess I'm misremembering the details, but I'm not imagining an entire faction of bad guys.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The droids are remote-controlled, which is the entire basis of Episode I's ending.
I though that one ended with the Gungans deciding to join in the fight and showing up with their giant marbles? You know what, maybe I am just imagining some of this stuff.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think it was posted in the unpopular opinions thread?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
You're imagining all of it! :psyduck: The battle droids had no agency in any of those movies; they were never a "faction". That was the whole point.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Aug 5, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I though that one ended with the Gungans deciding to join in the fight and showing up with their giant marbles? You know what, maybe I am just imagining some of this stuff.

There's also the simultaneous space mission where they're trying to blow up the command ship.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol that was Centripetal Horse from another thread

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh god, CineD is leaking.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DcqnkzGEFQ

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

it bothers me when these people come into threads i read and draw people into pages long arguments about how Zack Snyder is the greatest director since Orson Welles and if you disagree you're just some fuckin shallow nerd who can't appreciate deep readings of lovely boy's pulp movies

Good thing you managed to prevent that huh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

You're imagining all of it! :psyduck: The battle droids had no agency in any of those movies; they were never a "faction". That was the whole point.

"This movie I imagined is cleary a great victory for Marxism!"

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

duncan posted:

The sound of metal chains whipping against bare flesh hang heavy in the air, like a bird flying into a headwind. The room is damp and sparsely lit. SUPERMECHAGODZILLA’s scarred jowls are illuminated by a desk lamp laying sideways on the floor

SUPERMECHAGODZILA
Which reading is true? Which reading is true? WHICH READING IS TRUE!?

KOOS
[Spits mouthful of blood] The words are used specifically for their literal intention, the events are straightforward so as to be easily understood by an audience of children.

The beating begins again, with a furious vigour, until SUPERMECHAGODZILLA can barely stand. He rests one hand against a dirty wall, sweat marring his 1993 Nebraska Film Festival hypercolor t-shirt.

SUPERMECHAGODZILA
The opposite reading is true… The opposite reading is true. I’ve been to college.

KOOS straightens his posture, his pride and dignity unscathed by the days long assault of a fat, stupid man.

KOOS
Any perceived allusions to facism in A Goofy Movie are a wholesale invention of a misguided viewer.

SUPERMECHAGODZILLA adopts the look of a man who has been defeated. Wearily, he grabs a shotgun that had been resting in the corner, and cocks it loudly.

KOOS
Goofy simply wishes to bond with his son through fishing, a traditional pastime, as he had done with his own father. It is neither parable nor allegory. Neither dog was molested, the material does not support this.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Solice Kirsk posted:

"Huh, haven't gotten a period in over half a year.....meh, probably nothing."

*gives birth in an IHOP bathroom

Some women are also freakish abominations and continue to have their periods while pregnant. Spotting can also occur, giving the impression of still having periods.

e: To get back on the topic of the thread, from the GBS ladythread (now in CCCC!), a poster made a comment about turning all men into seahorses. Vendagoat was not into the idea I guess.

VendaGoat posted:

I'm Waiting :colbert:

I will buy some sort of back pack or some poo poo. But you, as the female of our species, have to first squeeze out 5000 eggs for me to carry for nine months.

None of yah are up to the task.

because, evolution.

We're not designed like a seahorse.

So we do things differently.

You want a baby? You deal with the consequences of your actions, the courts will make sure the men of your lives, who embark you upon these ordeals, make good on their penis's promises.

That's about as MRA as I wish to get.

Trust me, I've read a bunch of case law, I can see the logic in it all. You want a kid, the courts make it right.

Just......

(deep breath in...)

Trust me.

Edit: fitting for a new god damned page...

Roro has a new favorite as of 16:13 on Aug 5, 2016

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Cyborgs, they were cyborgs. The Techno Union. They manufacture the bigger battle droids (those with the wrist gun and no neck) and they made Grievous's (and Vader's) cybernetic rig. Together with the Intergalactic Banking Clan, the Trade Federation and the insect people who designed the Death Star, whatever they're called, they form the separatist movement. They show up in a short scene in Attack of the Clones and then again in Revenge of the Sith when Sidious sends Vader to purge them. I feel sorry for them because they were the "bad guys" and very memorable but they barely were in the movies

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What the gently caress.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Tiggum posted:

No, god, the Gungans are routed and taken prisoner. The battle is won by the Naboo space fighters who manage to destroy the droids' remote control, thanks to skilled young Force-sensitive pilot Anakin Skywalker. Ugggh

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I was going to come in and say there's nothing wrong with analyzing media but lol reconsidering my life choices right now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

That's a funny post, but you know that SMG's interpretation isn't invalid, right? It's just incredibly unpopular. There's a difference.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

hackbunny posted:

Cyborgs, they were cyborgs. The Techno Union. They manufacture the bigger battle droids (those with the wrist gun and no neck) and they made Grievous's (and Vader's) cybernetic rig. Together with the Intergalactic Banking Clan, the Trade Federation and the insect people who designed the Death Star, whatever they're called, they form the separatist movement. They show up in a short scene in Attack of the Clones and then again in Revenge of the Sith when Sidious sends Vader to purge them. I feel sorry for them because they were the "bad guys" and very memorable but they barely were in the movies

hackbunny posted:

No, god, the Gungans are routed and taken prisoner. The battle is won by the Naboo space fighters who manage to destroy the droids' remote control, thanks to skilled young Force-sensitive pilot Anakin Skywalker. Ugggh
Fair enough. I don't know if it's the fact that I didn't pay that much attention (because the movies were mostly fairly boring) or that they were just badly made movies that didn't communicate information clearly enough to the audience, but what you're saying bears basically no resemblance to what I remember about seeing those films. And I don't even post in CD. :shrug:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tiggum posted:

That's a funny post, but you know that SMG's interpretation isn't invalid, right? It's just incredibly unpopular. There's a difference.

Fair enough. I don't know if it's the fact that I didn't pay that much attention (because the movies were mostly fairly boring) or that they were just badly made movies that didn't communicate information clearly enough to the audience, but what you're saying bears basically no resemblance to what I remember about seeing those films. And I don't even post in CD. :shrug:

Maybe you just have a lovely memory.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

N. Senada posted:

If you basic bitches had even watched episode 2 you would know droids lack sentience because Kenobi talks to that greasy alien who runs the space diner about this very thing! The scene clearly illustrates automation as threat to the working class and how Marx is good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Maybe you just have a lovely memory.

It's a possibility. :shrug:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Tiggum posted:

Literally everything you've suggested happens in the prequels does not. Look up a summary or rewatch them (no don't) or something because you have invented at least one new movie entirely out of your imagination.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CD is mostly like this, if you were wondering why everyone hates it.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the mayor of Fairfax City got arrested for trying to trade meth for sexual favors on a gay hookup website

Necc0 posted:

Twink set me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Lol I didn't know the lovely asthmatic cyborg's ship was called the Invisible Hand before today