Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Is there a secret list for Moon Dwellers yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Luminaflare posted:

Is there a secret list for Moon Dwellers yet?

Seems to be. Apparently there are some secrets that require Beginner mode?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Pretty much all of the secret units are "well you can technically get this on your first playthrough, but lol good luck" NG+ units. Which is lame, but if I get that many new units to play with I might just try a NG+.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I think it's Beginner mode to get them on your first playthrough, after that you just get them. It mentions automatically getting the 70 kill prizes once you've done it once. Is that for the case that if you get 70 kills and then you have less than 70 kills on the next playthrough due to the carryover percentage?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crabstick Ryusei provides literally the most accurate description of the Soulsaber.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Policenaut posted:

Seems to be. Apparently there are some secrets that require Beginner mode?

How many kills does Yon start with to make getting her 70 by stage 12 feisable?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

How many kills does Yon start with to make getting her 70 by stage 12 feisable?
Not. For reference, the School crew comes in at stage 4 Touya route with 8 kills each. You could theoretically feed just about every enemy to one of them to hit 70 by stage 12, but it would not be a fun time.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

ImpAtom posted:

Crabstick Ryusei provides literally the most accurate description of the Soulsaber.

Someone edit a monocle and tophat onto that kid!

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I just want to know if Ryusei's attack names ended up getting romanized or literally translated.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

It definitely sounds like something my ESL students would write into an essay.

edit: not the first sentence though; I would complement them on that one if they are writing at a level that would generate the last two sentences.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 5, 2016

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

My bloke Ryusei is cool and good.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
While it won't be for a few weeks I think I'm going to just import this and Gundam Breaker 3, save me the hassle of Singaporian PSN. Is Playasia alright? I've seen a bit of hate for it recently but I don't have any idea why.

E: Jesus gently caress those secrets. Three seperate 70 kills before stage 12 ones, why?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

While it won't be for a few weeks I think I'm going to just import this and Gundam Breaker 3, save me the hassle of Singaporian PSN. Is Playasia alright? I've seen a bit of hate for it recently but I don't have any idea why.
Some people (myself included) don't want to give them money because they've thrown themselves in with that group of people you dare not mention by name for fear of them immediately invading the thread.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

I just want to know if Ryusei's attack names ended up getting romanized or literally translated.

Edit:

Huh, I didn't realize the Exbeins had psuedo-Newtype systems so you're not obligated to stick a Psychodriver in 'em. I should have checked that more.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 5, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
By the way did anyone notice that at least in MD, Shine has an attack line like one of the old "I'm gonna do it like Ryusei" lines, except she says "I'm gonna do it like Latooni"? Poor Latooni...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

By the way did anyone notice that at least in MD, Shine has an attack line like one of the old "I'm gonna do it like Ryusei" lines, except she says "I'm gonna do it like Latooni"? Poor Latooni...

She's probably happy to hear it to be honest.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So does Psychodriver do anything for the formerly Psychodriver required weapons? Like increase their range or something, or is NotNewtype just a Hit/Evade boost now.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Psychodriver was always a NotNewtype Hit/Evade boost that let you use some extra weapons and barriers. I'm pretty sure it's never contributed to range.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Some people (myself included) don't want to give them money because they've thrown themselves in with that group of people you dare not mention by name for fear of them immediately invading the thread.

On top of that their customer service can be total assholes. They once gave me store credit for a game that didn't arrive after two months, and then three months after that the game showed up somehow. I hadn't used the credit yet so I offered to let them deduct it from my account and...they flipped out and accused me of trying to get more out of them after they already gave me credit? :psyduck:

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Dr Pepper posted:

So does Psychodriver do anything for the formerly Psychodriver required weapons? Like increase their range or something, or is NotNewtype just a Hit/Evade boost now.

The only units with that experimental system are the Exbein and the advantage of using psychics is that they get psychic barrier and the sick dodge and hit bonuses.

Also, I would argue that a new account is hardly a hassle compared to importing physically. You can set your Singapore account to primary and just play with your english account without any problems.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ashsaber posted:

E: Jesus gently caress those secrets. Three seperate 70 kills before stage 12 ones, why?
I think those are supposed to be "we expect you to get this on a NG+ run" units, or things only the most die hard and insane players will shoot for.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Feeding every kill to specific units for the first chunk of the first run is more masochistic than that one Inspectors stage IMO.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not sure what the issue with play-asia is. I got the last couple games through them just fine.

I also got up at 2am to order the limited edition. I wish I had somewhere I could punch in the tracking number they sent me today.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

I'm not sure what the issue with play-asia is. I got the last couple games through them just fine.

Basically they are not a problem in terms of service, just kind of have some lovely people doing PR. That's the long and short of it. If you use them you'll get your product without much issue.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I never did complete OG2 and haven't played anything in that subseries since. I heard that they didn't translate the recap. Anything that I need to know in particular, or is it just "Earth never stops being invaded, ever"?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Literally everything ever was Euzeth

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Unlucky7 posted:

I never did complete OG2 and haven't played anything in that subseries since. I heard that they didn't translate the recap. Anything that I need to know in particular, or is it just "Earth never stops being invaded, ever"?

Most things that were set up and happened before MD were resolved by 2ndOG. Anything you need to know is either discussed in game or mentioned in the important terms library.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I think that the most important thing to know about the previous games is that someone named a battleship the Air Christmas.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Televisio Frankus posted:

I think that the most important thing to know about the previous games is that someone named a battleship the Air Christmas.

Also, it has the Fir Tree Blade attack.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Televisio Frankus posted:

And it was stationed at a base named Grand Christmas, no less.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

AradoBalanga posted:

And it was stationed at a base named Grand Christmas, no less.

Well, it IS stationed on Christmas Island.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Well, it IS stationed on Christmas Island.
Huh. Never knew that was a real place.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

AradoBalanga posted:

Huh. Never knew that was a real place.

Considering the poo poo the Aussie govt is pulling there, a lot of people wish it wasn't.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Christmas Island is where Goatse was originally hosted, if I remember right.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yes, Christmas Island has the .cx tld.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

a rich cultural heritage

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Course mode in Extreme Vs Force is super fun and I can't believe that the original release shipped without it since it's such a fun mode and an easy way to earn GP withou having to grind in the main mode. Also the Ez8 is fun because I love blowing up world beating super suits with just an artillery cannon.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Midjack posted:

Yes, Christmas Island has the .cx tld.

holy crap this makes so much sense

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I think I now have a deeper understanding of Lee's character now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What kind of dimensions does the Air Christmas have anyways?

• Locked thread