Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

A God drat Ghost posted:

I coulda done without Tatianna and Coco Montrese. I do not want to see a repeat of the Alyssa/Coco feud, like, at all. I haven't seen much of seasons 1-3 though so maybe Tatianna's better than the clips I've seen.

Also, please no teams this time. That was terrible.

This this this. Teams loving sucked rear end and it was the dumbest gimmick ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Willam does the Adele song that we've been waiting for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N_l1w6KUxE

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I can't wait for the hot scalding T from all of that. :allears:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Bina posted:

I can't wait for the hot scalding T from all of that. :allears:

Are you referring to the Willam vid? I'm curious if that's directed at someone in particular, maybe one of her collaborating queens? I haven't been following any chatter about it.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Ah, Willam, still rocking that beard! I've been working through watching all her beatdown videos, never watched them before and I'm loving her.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

A God drat Ghost posted:

Ah, Willam, still rocking that beard! I've been working through watching all her beatdown videos, never watched them before and I'm loving her.

They take a huge nosedive after The Stylish ended (ie. end of season 1) but they are still decent

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I ended up going to a drag show last night (my first one) and Nichole Paige Brooks was there. It was unfortunate that there wasn't a lot of room as she wasn't able to do a lot of performance. I did give her a tip and she complimented me on my tattoos though :3:.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Went to the Austin showing of battle of the seasons last week and it was really fun. Some of the bits were unimpressive, but there were some highlights that were just extraordinary. Jinkx in particular just lights up the joint, and can sing far, far better than I had anticipated.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Mama Ru finally got that Emmy nomination! No noms for the show itself (or Crazy Ex-Girlfriend... :-( )

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Season 8 is up on Hulu, hunties.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Cynthia is doing a drag show here tonight. I texted her and she ran out in makeup and boxers to say hi. She's completely amazing

EDIT:

She killed it. Such a high energy performer.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 24, 2016

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Logo put out the first real trailer for All Stars 2, and revealed the major difference between this and the regular show: The top two Lipsync for their Legacies and the winner gets to pick who goes home

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

curiousTerminal posted:

Logo put out the first real trailer for All Stars 2, and revealed the major difference between this and the regular show: The top two Lipsync for their Legacies and the winner gets to pick who goes home

I read about that on the AV Club this morning lying in bed and woke my wife up laughing. That is going to be some shady, shady poo poo.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

curiousTerminal posted:

I love this change. :allears:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Just so I'm clear, two girls liposync, the loser doesn't go home but someone else entirely?

If that's the case, this season will be rife with drama.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It sounds like the top two lipsync and whoever wins that gets to pick from the bottom two, and the bottom two might be chosen by the other queens.

So, drama.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

I'm rewatching season 2 because I saw it once about 4 years ago and I just have to say, anyone who can reuse the same catchphrase 3 times in 1 episode is my hero.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm rewatching season 2 because I saw it once about 4 years ago and I just have to say, anyone who can reuse the same catchphrase 3 times in 1 episode is my hero.

Well Hallelu Mawma, you'll love season 7 because it was the season they jammed every catchphrase ever into every acting challenge and made it unbearably unfunny. Byeeeeee!!!

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I'd be interested to know how many 'Party's Adore dropped in season six.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

That may have gone over some heads since he hasn't said it since, but Ru said "anyone who can leave the house in [some women's item] and [some other woman's item] is my hero" three times in the span of a single episode. It wouldn't be as noticeable if it wasn't so drat long.

Also, episode 2 was really uncomfortable. Burlesque dancing in front of an audience is par for the course, but hooking out for pie gift certificates in broad daylight in stripper outfits, in front of children, on Hollywood Blvd was...really really loving uncool, actually.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You know you want some of NPBFAG's cherry pah

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
That episode was horrifyingly wrong and iconic all at once. That's the golden standard of reality TV right there

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Oh my god Mathu Anderson looks so weird when he's not 1) bearded and 2) looking like a beach hobo who somehow keeps sneaking into the studio

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Wait, what? It's out? Wikipedia said it airs the 25th.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pan Dulce posted:

Wait, what? It's out? Wikipedia said it airs the 25th.

Oh no, just reminiscing about season 2 :allears:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
We also need a thread title change for AS2.

Who's everyone's pick for Winner?

I am kind of hoping Alaska wins.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Andrew_1985 posted:

We also need a thread title change for AS2.

Who's everyone's pick for Winner?

I am kind of hoping Alaska wins.

Ditto. Though I'd be cool with someone relatively left field like Tatianna taking the crown instead. Really interested to see how she does this season :D

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm going to work on a new thread for All-Stars after next weekend.

And really, the thread subtitle can't be anything but "Walk into the club Purse First, CLACK!"

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Pinwiz11 posted:

And really, the thread subtitle can't be anything but "Walk into the club Purse First, CLACK!"

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

I'm rewatching season 2 because I saw it one time 4 years ago when I first got into Drag Race. I actually kind of watched everything out of order. I saw Chow Down first, then Willam's Beatdown, then went back and watched season 4 because Willam was in it :allears: . After that I saw season 3, then 1 and 2, then 5 (just after it finished), then All Stars, then the others as they came out. It's been forever since I last saw Tatianna, and when I did I was mid binge and didn't remember her at all.
I'm midway through the second to last episode, where I assume Tati is eliminated because she's not listening to Ru during the walkthrough. She's...Really obviously the one they kept around so they could have the final 3 they wanted. Consistently not giving the judges what they want, there to stir up drama with Tyra and Raven. It's been 6 (5?) years since then though, anything could be different, look how much Shangela grew in just a year.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Aphra Bane posted:

Ditto. Though I'd be cool with someone relatively left field like Tatianna taking the crown instead. Really interested to see how she does this season :D

I think I'd be cool with any of the girls winning, except for Coco, simply because I remember disliking just about every one of her runway presentations (except for two that I really loved) and I remember just not being impressed at all by her. Though it's been awhile, I'm sure she could loving pull it off.

I honestly really want Tatianna to win, just because I think it'd be more unexpected than a fan favorite like Katya, or one of the returning top threes/runners up like Roxy and Alaska and Adore and Phi Phi (though I'd be down for a Phi Phi win).

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

curiousTerminal posted:

It's been 6 (5?) years since then though, anything could be different, look how much Shangela grew in just a year.

I've said it here before. Having seen Tatianna at her home club Town in DC, she is still totally underwhelming. She didn't even lip sync, she just stomped around in a circle in her heels as she grabbed dollar bills from straight girls.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

There's no way it's not Alaska, Katya + 1 (my guess is Detox or Alyssa) because at the end of the day that's what the raging hordes of instagram and facebook fans want

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Stoat posted:

There's no way it's not Alaska, Katya + 1 (my guess is Detox or Alyssa) because at the end of the day that's what the raging hordes of instagram and facebook fans want

See, this is what's interesting about The Big Twist. Because if I was one of those girls I'd know right off the bat that Alaska is simply the most popular queen (with Katya and Alyssa coming close but not quite), and she (and the others) need to be eliminated tout de suite. But I also wouldn't want to tank my own career by being The Queen Who Sent Everyone's Fav Home.

I guess what I'm saying is that if all the favs are the finalists, I hope the show makes it seem plausible and doesn't pretend there aren't frontrunners who everyone wouldn't want to immediately kick off, reality TV "alliances" or no.

(...I'd watch it religiously either way of course)

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

True, but then you'd be "the queen who eliminated alaska early" and get poo poo on by the fan base. Not sure if that's worth it

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Raven was absolutely robbed.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

As someone who clicked "last" on this thread just to see when all stars 2 will air that is the greatest thing ever.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

In my whirlwind rewatch of all relevant seasons to All Stars 2 I've gone through all of season 5 in the last few days. During the reunion episode when they're discussing the crush Jinkx had on Ivy, Ru says "Why not go for it, triads are in right now!" and guess who shows up in the audience cutaway?

EDIT: Also may I suggest linking to this underneath Ru's entry in the All Stars OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS_Dp1KYGIE

curiousTerminal fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

curiousTerminal posted:

In my whirlwind rewatch of all relevant seasons to All Stars 2 I've gone through all of season 5 in the last few days. During the reunion episode when they're discussing the crush Jinkx had on Ivy, Ru says "Why not go for it, triads are in right now!" and guess who shows up in the audience cutaway?

EDIT: Also may I suggest linking to this underneath Ru's entry in the All Stars OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS_Dp1KYGIE

This is really the only video needed to be included in the OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqGJ7I75aTE

• Locked thread