Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FELD1 posted:

I couldn't believe the existence of 'Nine Lives' when I first heard about it because it's basically that 'South Park' bit: "Rob Schneider is... a STAPLER."

For some reason the fact that the setup is copied entirely from Click, right down to using Christopher Walken, is the part that offends me the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I love Rebel Wilson, super happy she keeps getting roles. Wish I could have seen her in Guys and Dolls

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Young Freud posted:

I blame Rick and Morty for reintroducing Turbo Teen as a gag.

That poo poo's peak was way before Rick and Morty though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If anybody doesn't remember Dirty Rotten Scoundrels watch it again. Holds up.

Never got that sequel though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

chaos rhames posted:

It's actually really well put together at a fundamental level. Everyone's a lovely kid's drawing but the panel composition and shots are excellent, which is what attracted the other artist to it.

i'm just salty i could draw better without practice and aint a millionaire.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Miles Teller is also saying that he has no clue what is going on with the Divergent series. You'd think after they got bad press from their lead saying that they would give rest of the stars something to say when they're asked.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm just salty i could draw better without practice and aint a millionaire.

Then do it. Learn panel composition and layouts and make something nifty.

muscles like this? posted:

Miles Teller is also saying that he has no clue what is going on with the Divergent series. You'd think after they got bad press from their lead saying that they would give rest of the stars something to say when they're asked.

I don't think they actually care enough. If Allegiant had done better, then maybe, but nah.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Re: Detergent Divergent series

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I don't think they actually care enough. If Allegiant had done better, then maybe, but nah.

The only one that might care at this point based on their performance in the previous movie is the lead actress. And from what I've heard in this thread she's going to bite it in the next one. Uh, why am I spoiler tagging this, not like anyone cares for these movies beyond mockery. I think it was a mistake to kill off Jai Courtney's character. You can say what you want about him but he at least looked like he was having fun with it. He was kind off like Taye Diggs' role in Equilibrium, the only person showing some emotion in a crowd of dull folk.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 5, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mierenneuker posted:

Re: Detergent Divergent series

The only one that might care at this point based on their performance in the previous movie is the lead actress. And from what I've heard in this thread she's going to bite it in the next one. Uh, why am I spoiler tagging this, not like anyone cares for these movies beyond mockery.

I think it was a mistake to kill off Jai Courtney, you can say what you want about him but he at least looked like he was having fun with it

So, they're making more? I thought the first two (or is it three) bombed

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

So, they're making more? I thought the first two (or is it three) bombed

They're doing the last bit as a TV miniseries, apparently?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jared Leto didn't stink up Suicide Squad too badly. It was alright.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
It was terrible and the Joker was pointless and bad.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He is there for a sequel/franchise hook. Unless of course Leto decides he's going to off himself like Ledger, but in a far more gaudy and extreme manner.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

He is there for a sequel/franchise hook. Unless of course Leto decides he's going to off himself like Ledger, but in a far more gaudy and extreme manner.

Ledger's death was accidental.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wandle Cax posted:

Ledger's death was accidental.

The line between deliberate suicide by drugs and accidental overdose of drugs is incredibly hard to determine, especially if the victim doesn't survive.

Edit: Yay reading comprehension.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 6, 2016

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Skwirl posted:

The line between deliberate suicide by drugs and accidental overdose of drugs is incredibly hard to determine, especially if the victim doesn't survive.

Well it was determined by the official medical investigation. Also, even if it wasn't decided as such by doctors, it is probably a good idea to give the benefit of the doubt to the victim rather than assuming they did it on purpose.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

muscles like this? posted:

Whiplash boy is in that series? He must have some serious range.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Miles Teller plays the snarky rear end in a top hat who constantly switches sides to whoever has the upper hand. Somehow no one ever punches him in the face (and he's very punchable).

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Casimir Radon posted:

Ledger was discovered by an Olsen twin, so Leto will be discovered by Bristol Palin.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Casimir Radon posted:

I hope he sends his own corpse to the woman who played Harley, in a huge flower box full of dead roses.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The MSJ posted:

I guess it make sense. Looking at the fan art and Deviant Art threads, Turbo-Teen-inspired stuff seems to be getting as popular as your run-of-the-mill werewolves and catgirls.

There was that book someone on SA did a really long review/readthrough a few years back that felt like the peak of that whole genre, about a dude who discovered he was a rollercoaster and went off to save the theme park dimension.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wandle Cax posted:

Well it was determined by the official medical investigation. Also, even if it wasn't decided as such by doctors, it is probably a good idea to give the benefit of the doubt to the victim rather than assuming they did it on purpose.

I misread the post and thought he said it wasn't an accident.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

Red Bones posted:

There was that book someone on SA did a really long review/readthrough a few years back that felt like the peak of that whole genre, about a dude who discovered he was a rollercoaster and went off to save the theme park dimension.

This is the only thing I want to read, ever again

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Red Bones posted:

This is, hands down, one of my favorite read alongs ever. EVER.

Where I Read: Miranda Leak's Twisted

Warning, it is violently stupid. Not in a Gonzo way either.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

effectual posted:

They're trying to remake Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, but gender swapped, with Rebel Wilson.

This sounds alright, though Wilson's nowhere near as talented as Martin, and the end result will probably be bawdier and more reliant on Wilson's usual schtick (not that Martin didn't heavily rely on his own well-practiced schtick in the original).

Where it'd go to the next level depends on who they hire for the Caine role. Helen Mirren's the obvious choice, if they can get her, right? I think Mirren would play off Wilson pretty well.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Well I doubt Helen Mirren would be wooing the same guy (played by Channing Tatum maybe?) as Rebel Wilson, they'd probably go with an all-30's cast.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spatula City posted:

This sounds alright, though Wilson's nowhere near as talented as Martin, and the end result will probably be bawdier and more reliant on Wilson's usual schtick (not that Martin didn't heavily rely on his own well-practiced schtick in the original).

Where it'd go to the next level depends on who they hire for the Caine role. Helen Mirren's the obvious choice, if they can get her, right? I think Mirren would play off Wilson pretty well.

Emily Blunt would be a pretty good "proper brit" and she's got great comedic timing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Casimir Radon posted:

He might be on the same page.

https://twitter.com/DavidUzumeri/status/762026745507684352

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
O ya I bet Ayer cutting out all Jared Leto's "experimentation" was totally a bad choice, ya no way that was smart

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It's probably telling that I spent the second half of my drive home wondering what the gently caress Harley Quinn was even DOING there, because it only took me the first half of the drive to completely forget the (alleged) climax of the film. "She just hits people with bats and quotes Hot Topic shirts from 2003? gently caress me, I can do that."

Also that I mentioned to my friend that I was pissed Slipknot got killed literally five minutes after being introduced and his response was "Who?"

It was a decent enough way to kill two hours but everything moved so god drat fast you have no idea what you just saw, what little you didn't miss rolling your eyes clean out of your head every time Jared Leto Joker did his middle-schooler impression of Heath Ledger Joker. hhhhuhuhuhuuhuhuuhhhUHUHUHUHUHHIIIIII'MNOTGONNAKILLYA

Did I miss it or did the "hope you have insurance!" Harley bit from the trailer not make it into the movie?

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 7, 2016

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

kiimo posted:

If anybody doesn't remember Dirty Rotten Scoundrels watch it again. Holds up.

Never got that sequel though.

I remember that original being a lot of fun, but I probably wouldn't like it now. There's something about Steve Martin that rubs me the wrong way, recently anyway.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Sex Hobbit posted:

Did I miss it or did the "hope you have insurance!" Harley bit from the trailer not make it into the movie?

There's a LOT from the trailers that didn't make it into the movie.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Sex Hobbit posted:

It's probably telling that I spent the second half of my drive home wondering what the gently caress Harley Quinn was even DOING there, because it only took me the first half of the drive to completely forget the (alleged) climax of the film. "She just hits people with bats and quotes Hot Topic shirts from 2003? gently caress me, I can do that."
She did more in the movie than the boomerang guy, who did little but "be Australian", had a unicorn thing that went nowhere, and allowed them to use two seconds of The Flash. Really, only two characters had abilities that furthered the plot, while Deadshot got the redemption arc and Harley got the girl in an abusive relationship obviously written by a man who has only been on the other side of dysfunctional relationships story.

Suicide Squad is by far the most watchable DC film in the "new canon", and it's still a ridiculous mess. At least part of the film has fun, but it was obviously written as a fun movie, turned into a sour mess by the suits, and then hurriedly tried to be made refun except things had progressed too far (a good way to tell this is the set designs vs finished effects and fonts) The flashbacks were badly dumped into the film instead of appearing naturally, and Jared Leto threatened to sink the whole film with every frame he appeared in. Somehow, the film succeeds besides all that to become something I'd actually watch again. The animated film is better, though.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Tars Tarkas posted:

The flashbacks were badly dumped into the film instead of appearing naturally

What even WAS that with the chemical vats?? If there was a single point in the movie where I was closest to walking out, that was it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sex Hobbit posted:

What even WAS that with the chemical vats?? If there was a single point in the movie where I was closest to walking out, that was it.

It's a baptism.

If you care about ~comic canon~ then you'd know the joker was created in a similar fashion, but the point is that Harley is born again.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

lol I can't believe there was actually a real living person who didn't call Slipknot's death. The dude's thing is he ties knots good, of course he was fodder.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Did they at least have the team keep running into obstacles that would have been easily overcome by the cunning use of knots?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Did they at least have the team keep running into obstacles that would have been easily overcome by the cunning use of knots?

Nope, another missed opportunity

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sex Hobbit posted:

It's pretty dumb but I can't see walking out because of it. It was a complete mess but at least it was an interesting mess. Of course BvS is my vote for worst movie of the year almost put me to sleep, and I didn't walk out of that.

I'd be kind of interested to see some of Leto's "ideas" that ended up being filmed purely out of morbid curiosity. As much as that feels like it's encouraging him. The first video that got leaked from the movie was Joker smacking Harley, and that didn't make it into the movie. Anyway where was Batman during all of this? He apparently has time to take down B-listers like Deadshot and show up in post-credits scenes, but he apparently had better things to do than hunt down his nemesis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He's loving with Aquaman and Flash.

• Locked thread