Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

-Troika- posted:

What kind of dimensions does the Air Christmas have anyways?

I don't have my PS3 hooked up anymore so I can't easily check the database, but the Christmas class is bigger than the Space Noah class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!
I'm beginning my journey enjoying the Gyoza Kis and such words (streaming): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knf9bEb4EuA

EDIT: Day 2 starting.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 7, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit:

I, Kouta, will knock you all down!

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 6, 2016

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
can someone tell me why none of the PS2 Alpha games are available for download?

I'm absolutely shocked Alpha 3 in particular isn't available.

i really really don't wanna have to shell out the cash to make a gaming pc powerful enough to handle ps2 emulation

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 6, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
PS2 emulation is pretty easy with modern hardware, it's just CPU heavy. A beefy laptop or mediocre desktop can run PS2 games upscaled without an issue.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

By the time my PS2 died my 6 year old notebook could run pcsx2 just fine.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Prism posted:

I don't have my PS3 hooked up anymore so I can't easily check the database, but the Christmas class is bigger than the Space Noah class.

:stare: Isn't the Space Noah class 552m long already?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

-Troika- posted:

:stare: Isn't the Space Noah class 552m long already?

Yes, though I don't remember by how much it's bigger. For all I know it's like 560m - mostly I remember it has an extra hangar compared to the Hagane. (edit: The Hagane has multiples too, so it's not doubling its carrying capacity or anything.)

That said, it also has a Balmarian-derived space-jump system, and Balmarian ships are gigantic (the Hermodr class is 27.8 kilometers long, and even the Huleh is much bigger than the Earth's ships IIRC) so I assume they went 'eh, put some more bits on, whatever'. Or Euzeth provided dimensions.

Prism fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 6, 2016

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
The Eltreum is 70km long, so there's still plenty of room before they hit the Top.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Edit:

I, Kouta, will knock you all down!
I'm amazed they got Debudedabide's name correct. I expected them to hilariously butcher it to death.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm amazed they got Debudedabide's name correct. I expected them to hilariously butcher it to death.
How else would one spell it? Anyway, I think they got the way he talks pretty down-pat.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AzraelNewtype posted:

The Eltreum is 70km long, so there's still plenty of room before they hit the Top.

Well yeah, I meant the OG Earth ships. Even the Exelion's a good 7.2 kilometers. I want to say the Huleh class is in the same rough size range as it.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

Race Realists posted:

can someone tell me why none of the PS2 Alpha games are available for download?

I'm absolutely shocked Alpha 3 in particular isn't available.

i really really don't wanna have to shell out the cash to make a gaming pc powerful enough to handle ps2 emulation

I was able to get every PS2 SRW I own (all but impact and the SC games) running fine on PCSX2 on an AMD Phenom II x6, which is like a six or seven year old processor. One of the lower end ones too, its normal clockspeed was 2.7 or so iirc.

It couldn't handle more graphically beefy games, but pretty much any modern desktop processor that's an i3 or above (unsure of the AMD equivalents; any FX processor I guess?) should be good for the majority of games out there and especially any 2d titles.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

chirico cuvie posted:

I was able to get every PS2 SRW I own (all but impact and the SC games) running fine on PCSX2 on an AMD Phenom II x6, which is like a six or seven year old processor. One of the lower end ones too, its normal clockspeed was 2.7 or so iirc.

It couldn't handle more graphically beefy games, but pretty much any modern desktop processor that's an i3 or above (unsure of the AMD equivalents; any FX processor I guess?) should be good for the majority of games out there and especially any 2d titles.

AMD processors never really got faster. They just glommed on more cores.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

How else would one spell it? Anyway, I think they got the way he talks pretty down-pat.
It's entirely possible for such things to happen.

See: the bootleg Revenge of the Sith subs that turned "Jedi Council" into "the Presbyterian Church".

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Everything ni the game looks super good! I really like the new proportions on the Wurger too.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
DIE GRANTEEEEEED is not in, but in its place we have "Busker Mode".

Granteed kills things via street performances now.

This is the best translation ever.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BlitzBlast posted:

DIE GRANTEEEEEED is not in, but in its place we have "Busker Mode".

Granteed kills things via street performances now.

This is the best translation ever.
What was it supposed to be? I never knew.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Bhaskar.

quote:

Means "shining", derived from a combination of Sanskrit भास (bhasa) "light" and कर (kara) "making". This is another name of the sun and the Hindu god Shiva.

I'm not laughing at them for not knowing it, I just think it's hilarious they picked "Busker" of all things.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they had no idea what to do with the word, so they hosed around with a spellchecker until they found something that was a word and put it in

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The big one I keep losing my mind over is RA-GAES. For some reason Gardisord is striking me as wrong as well, but I don't know what its supposed to be or where it's from in the first place.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I don't think I've ever seen it romanized anywhere but the name is generally agreed to be "Guardisword".

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Watching Eva 1.11 again for the purpose of comparison with Shin Evangelion, I am wondering, outside of Eva and SRWZ2's dimension beasts, are there any other media were rainbows are menacing?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Watching Eva 1.11 again for the purpose of comparison with Shin Evangelion, I am wondering, outside of Eva and SRWZ2's dimension beasts, are there any other media were rainbows are menacing?

Katamari Damacy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I haven't seen all the robot anime ever but is there a banana themed robot more awesome than King Kitan? I hope not.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Aug 7, 2016

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh for a while.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
There's a supervillain that fights the Flash who uses rainbows.

But to answer your question: No, they aren't menacing.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think the Care Bear Stare done by several Care Bears as a combination attack killed a villain maybe

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I think the Care Bear Stare done by several Care Bears as a combination attack killed a villain maybe

Here we go, people. The ultimate weapon against Perfectio, Dark Brain and (eventually) Ru Cobol! :black101:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Before they get turned against you by Saint "その喜びは私とともにある" Advent. Hope you enjoy those "eternities"!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

Before they get turned against you by Saint "その喜びは私とともにある" Advent. Hope you enjoy those "eternities"!

I hope Advent turns out to be Euzeth all along.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Caphi posted:

That would be a pretty impressive move by Advent, not gonna lie.

I don't think the Care Bears were all "joy" aligned, though... weren't there other emotions? Bleh, it's been far too long for me to remember.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The real problem is that by the time he got twelve Care Bears (are there twelve?) to form a new, awful, pastel Supreme - which would, to be fair, still look less terrible than Z Supreme - you'd never be able to get one of them to cut themself off. Hell, we barely got an Eternity to rebel who'd been angry for the lifetime of a jillion universes.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The only question is: would he do the Dio Brando reveal, or the Vince McMahon reveal?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Caphi posted:

The real problem is that by the time he got twelve Care Bears (are there twelve?) to form a new, awful, pastel Supreme - which would, to be fair, still look less terrible than Z Supreme - you'd never be able to get one of them to cut themself off. Hell, we barely got an Eternity to rebel who'd been angry for the lifetime of a jillion universes.

Ten original bears, a billion others added over the years.

And I'll argue against your point! From what I see in this list here, all Bears embody such positive emotions that they would probably supercharge the Supreme with goodness, love for people, love for the world, etc, that it'd reject Advent's shenanigans and probably turn him good.

quote:

Grumpy Bear shows that while it's okay to be grumpy sometimes, it is also silly to let grumpiness go too far. He is cynical, surly, and rarely happy, hence his name, but he does value his friends and smiles on special occasions.

We've also found the key towards bringing Barbiel to our side.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Ten bears, Asakim, and I guess Sacrifi, the only other Angel remotely worth caring any amount about, because it's sure not Doctrine "Midboss" Madocle or Tempty "Not Fought In This Game" Titty.

e: Grumpy Bear is revealed to have been Gunpy Bear all along in a throwaway chapter in which Gunleon is not mentioned.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

OG-verse Alpha 3 story is going to end with Keisar Ephes pulling off his mask and revealing Euzeth, who would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling psychodrivers and their Ing.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

SRW thread, I have a question: I recently ordered the kotobukiya Granzon model. It comes with 2 different blades for the Granworm sword: one that looks like the regular sowrd, and one that looks like this

At first I thought it came from the SRW Gaiden, but the sword in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6RAE5Ru3U doesn't really look like either of them. And so my question is: Where is this sword from?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Caphi posted:

Ten bears, Asakim, and I guess Sacrifi, the only other Angel remotely worth caring any amount about, because it's sure not Doctrine "Midboss" Madocle or Tempty "Not Fought In This Game" Titty.

e: Grumpy Bear is revealed to have been Gunpy Bear all along in a throwaway chapter in which Gunleon is not mentioned.

Is... Is one of the Z3 baddies seriously named Tempty Titty?

...Tomino would be proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Droyer posted:

SRW thread, I have a question: I recently ordered the kotobukiya Granzon model. It comes with 2 different blades for the Granworm sword: one that looks like the regular sowrd, and one that looks like this

At first I thought it came from the SRW Gaiden, but the sword in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6RAE5Ru3U doesn't really look like either of them. And so my question is: Where is this sword from?

No idea. Possibly original.

I tried to look it up, and every picture of that sword came from Kotobukiya models. I don't recognize it, not even from Masoukishin games.

• Locked thread