Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
you can customize your space man with over 17,000 different cosmetic accessories, you can choose from over 15,000 space ships for your space man to fly in space and then you can buy aftermarket parts like spinners and bigger exhausts AND let us not forget about the lasers, there are 19 quadrillion planets and each one is different and some trees are purple and have you ever wanted to mine space mud???? well in No Man's Sky your dreams can come true, find all the power crystals and galaxies with pirates space pirates get in 3D dogfights in your Oculus Rift and board that space station!!! you can chain women to radiators and leave them there for several years, you can convert currency at the VERY SAME TEMPLE jesus went nuts and smited all the money changers and ever hear of Ancient Aliens??? better believe they're in here too

if you can think of it, it's in No Man's Sky, it will be the greatest game ever and I would pay up to $1200 for a copy of it well peace out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

in no mans sky you can land on a planet and find a house with a computer and then use the computer to play procedurally generated games

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

in no mans sky you cant kill yourself by crashing into the ground

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In No Man's Sky you can do anything you can do in a game: jump, or run, or use WASD for movement, or move around using the controller, or use guns (weaponry).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mapping out the entire galaxy with graph paper, so far all the cells are blank, but in a way that is very accurate. I like/enjoy this game.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
see that planet? you can go there

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
everything is procedurally generated by an algorithm created by a very famous botanist who recently sued a local car wash. this algorithm will ensure you will never see the same creatures twice. just imagine: setting foot on the mysterious world of Glanova-5 and watching red, three-legged rodents scamper into futuristic drainage ditches. then picture yourself entering the Crumula galaxy, landing on the beautiful exotic planet of Frintox, and seeing blue, three-legged rodents scamper into holes in the ground. then you can mine some space dirt. the estimated average playing time for this game is somewhere over 50,000 hours on average

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
See those planets in the distance?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lowtax posted:

everything is procedurally generated by an algorithm created by a very famous botanist who recently sued a local car wash. this algorithm will ensure you will never see the same creatures twice. just imagine: setting foot on the mysterious world of Glanova-5 and watching red, three-legged rodents scamper into futuristic drainage ditches. then picture yourself entering the Crumula galaxy, landing on the beautiful exotic planet of Frintox, and seeing blue, three-legged rodents scamper into holes in the ground. then you can mine some space dirt. the estimated average playing time for this game is somewhere over 50,000 hours on average

Haha

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lowtax posted:

That average is two hours for most players, and a hundred million for me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is epic.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Spore Man's Sky.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

thats not unique, i've seen this alien on doctor who. it's the one that farted a lot.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

thats not unique, i've seen this alien on doctor who. it's the one that farted a lot.

Bollocks, Dr Who is the bloody win m'good sir.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i was joking before but these creatures actually look worse than Spore tier diarrhea dogshit

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i was joking before but these creatures actually look worse than Spore tier diarrhea dogshit

You can't even make animals that shoot poison out of their rear end

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Can you have sex in this game?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can you have sex in this game?

Technically, no. But dude it's seriously even better, it's like the game is making love to your mind. No joke, this game gave me my first hands free orgasm (spent $600 on an early copy, natch) and I spent the better part of my teenage years with a vibe all up my you know what . Yeah. It's that good.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

psyduck.... what have they done to you, my friend?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda liked Spore.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

This is bordering on Belksinski art. This game needs more Belksinski planets.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Procedurally generated abandoned cities would be cool

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

I will name all of the most atrocious abominations I find in your honor, Lowtax. It just feels fitting.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

why the poo poo are the graphics so loving bad . it looks like a worse Outcast

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

I will name all of the most atrocious abominations I find in your honor, Lowtax. It just feels fitting.

Well, Lowtax did create Something Awful, and Something Awful is home to all kinds of hosed up and twisted dudes so... drat, I guess it is pretty fitting O.o

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I kinda liked Spore.

I liked it as a $5 Steam sale game 5 years after all the hype but I can definitely understand why everyone hated it at release. I'd like to see the concept revisited with more depth.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this guy looks depressed

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

this guy looks depressed

Wouldn't you be depressed if you looked like that?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

mysterious loyall X posted:

this guy looks depressed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What up little homie.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That guy's cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mapping out the entire galaxy with graph paper, so far all the cells are blank, but in a way that is very accurate. I like/enjoy this game.

lmao

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

No Man's For Old Skies

Reckon I'll have me the anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011