Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Snapchat A Titty posted:

classic phono supra-lex

Oh, you're right. And its needlessly pretentious. I forget that that's offputting because I'm a pretentious rear end too.

They could have used "word part" and "word" and "multi-word" and "phrase" for their rows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

That's a really fuckin weird way to classify the Great Depression and the Baby Boom.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Clearly the most important social force in play in 1941 was collective condemnation of violence against women.

Clearly.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Every single time.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

You Are A Elf posted:

Every single time.

The graph says, like, 90% of times, though :confused:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

ikanreed posted:

Clearly the most important social force in play in 1941 was collective condemnation of violence against women.

Clearly.

Point this out to the creators of that graph and I guarantee you'll get a screed about how it's unfair that men go to war laid low by the matriarchy blah blah blah.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I'm really more curious to see where the data for the great eras of wife beating comes from.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Ah yes, I remember how domestic violence didn't exist before 1932

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
e: :downs:

chickie nugs for brekkie has a new favorite as of 14:59 on Aug 1, 2016

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
The source: http://blog.jim.com/ (please don't touch the poop) Yes, it's an MRA blog.

Someone in the comments points out that WW2 happened. He points out that fertility started going up during WW2, so that certainly couldn't explain it, and wars don't explain the drop during the 70s. Someone points out that contraception became a Thing during the 70s. He points out we've had contraception since the Bronze Age.

Ironclad reasoning behind that chart.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hahahaha his metrics for corporal punishment are it's depiction in movies and on TV.

quote:

Before 1933, no corporal punishment of wives depicted in Hollywood. 1933 to 1945 portrayed as shocking and unexpected, though not necessarily wrong. It is often justified in the context of the movie, but it is also depicted as the act of an outlaw – illegal but romantic.

We first see corporal discipline of one’s wife (spanking) portrayed in the media as normal, legal, proper, and socially acceptable in 1945, and fertility abruptly rises, and this depiction continues to 1963. whereupon it abruptly, suddenly, and totally stops – and fertility starts falling.

E: poo poo that blog post :stonk: that has to be satire. He swerving from "consent is bad for women, rape good" right into "when men have sex with girls, it's the girls fault". What a find.

E2: lock this man up :gonk:

quote:

If I sleep with several women that is really great. If one of them sleeps with another man that is really bad and I will certainly dump her, probably beat her, and might well kill her. I will be very angry and sad for a very long time.

Also the post right after that talks about him making moonshine. Hmmmm.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Aug 1, 2016

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, notice the "IF I sleep with several women "

Really big "if" there, buddy!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tiberius Thyben posted:

The graph says, like, 90% of times, though :confused:

90% of the time, they say it every time.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
HIs sentence structure just makes the content even more unsettling.
"I will be very angry and sad for a very long time"

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

My colorblind eyes cannot tell the difference between the colors they chose for Good and Bad Synergy. This strikes me as a design flaw.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Dartonus posted:

My colorblind eyes cannot tell the difference between the colors they chose for Good and Bad Synergy. This strikes me as a design flaw.

So are your eyes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Aramoro posted:

So are your eyes.

Wow, that's seriously rude.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

I wish I'd have saved a copy, but a company I worked at years ago had an actual workflow chart that looked like that. Just not as organized. It was literally useless. The lines were all curved like snakes instead of straight, the colors made no sense, the workflow made no sense. We were required to have a copy of it at our desks and follow it every day.

It didn't have a purpose, and wasn't necessary in any way. The software we were using did the workflow on it's own.

Yay! Corporate logic!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Picnic Princess posted:

Wow, that's seriously rude.

some mutants get super strength, others lose the ability to see colors

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Third World Reggin posted:

some mutants get super strength, others lose the ability to see colors

what you get in that extra chromosome is a crap shoot

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The stuff you guys are writing in red text so that guy can't read it is pretty hosed up, shame on you

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The stuff you guys are writing in red text so that guy can't read it is pretty hosed up, shame on you
____________/

­

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, that's terrible. A clone bay doesn't have bad synergy with a teleporter, it's quite good, even without the reconstructive teleport. It allows you to take way more risks, and the experience loss can usually be mitigated.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Video games about space cause obsessive insanity, exhibited here

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
The weird thing is the game isn't nearly complicated enough to justify that chart. The same information could be conveyed in a much simpler fashion. Which I guess is basically the thesis for this thread.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I'm having flashbacks to the Afghanistan COIN map.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
https://societymusictheory.org/files/2014_handouts/capuzzo.pdf METAL AS gently caress

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Digging this just because I've always been interested in the crazy progression in that song. For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D08JDW_vZ5c

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Music theory won't rest until they've taken the fun out of everything. These are probably fine, if you are OK with music theory like some sort of nerd

Music theory used to really mean something back in the day...

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

C.M. Kruger posted:

I'm having flashbacks to the Afghanistan COIN map.

Saw this posted in one of the offices inside the camp leatherneck scif with a banner pasted over it which read: THIS IS WHAT WINNING LOOKS LIKE.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Goon reacts to FTL flowchart:

I'm chalking this one up under "funny"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
goons are awful for needing that and who ever wrote it is also loving horrible.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
what is the triangle

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Fuel for a derail, of course

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Acne Rain posted:

what is the triangle

I'm guessing it's supposed to be a stylized iceberg/possibly a KKK hood.

They've managed to have text flow out of it... and then the title flows out of the overall frame. :psyduck:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

It would be an OK chart if not for the stuff randomly outside the pyramid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Acne Rain posted:

what is the triangle

Probably supposed to be an iceberg metaphor.